Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

Just now, Big Turk said:

No, doesn't have the wiring setup for what they need from a broadcast standpoint.

yikes. You think at some point they would fix that.  The NFL could host a Bills v. Jets or other NFL game there.  Likely can't have a reg season NBA game there either, when you could have a Toronto v. Philly game there.  

Edited by RyanC883

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Assuming travel bans will be in mass effect, if you want people to actually follow the bans you can't have the game in Buffalo

Fans will show up in droves it doesn't matter the weather or the roads

Well...could use it as a huge revenue boost.  Erie County Sherriff's basically just set up a roadblock and write mass tickets for everyone coming into the stadium.

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

For some reason rules don’t apply for athletes. NBA and MLB can enter without the papers. It’s all ready to go. 

Yeah, this just isn’t true. As far as Covid documentation, that is correct. No vaxx needed anymore. But they still require proper documentation for crossing into Canada and back into the US. 

before you argue with me, know that I have personally asked multiple customs and border agents already and have all dismissed your non factual BS. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Assuming travel bans will be in mass effect, if you want people to actually follow the bans you can't have the game in Buffalo

Fans will show up in droves it doesn't matter the weather or the roads

how can you find out about travel bans.  Is there a NYS website or something.  I'm out of state.  All I've seen so far is commercial traffic bans.  Coming from PGH, so it's 79 north to 90.  

also, if there are travel bans, do tickets get refunded? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah, this just isn’t true. As far as Covid documentation, that is correct. No vaxx needed anymore. But they still require proper documentation for crossing into Canada and back into the US. 

before you argue with me, know that I have personally asked multiple customs and border agents already and have all dismissed your non factual BS. 

Obviously the need proper documentation like passport ect to enter. It’s a National border! Who In Their right minds think they can cross a border without a passport or documentation? Cmon man. The post was referring to Vax requirements to enter Canada which are dropped for athletes as of Oct. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/canada-will-drop-covid-19-vaccinate-mandate-for-visitors-including-professional-athletes-in-october/amp/

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Obviously the need proper documentation like passport ect to enter. It’s a National border! Who In Their right minds think they can cross a border without a passport or documentation? Cmon man. The post was referring to Vax requirements to enter Canada which are dropped for athletes as of Oct. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/canada-will-drop-covid-19-vaccinate-mandate-for-visitors-including-professional-athletes-in-october/amp/

Except @Big Turknever said anything about Vaxx status. He only said proper documentation. You assumed he meant that and because of that, you are incorrect. The point still holds true, some players may not have proper documentation to cross an INTERNATIONAL border. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Except @Big Turknever said anything about Vaxx status. He only said proper documentation. You assumed he meant that and because of that, you are incorrect. The point still holds true, some players may not have proper documentation to cross an INTERNATIONAL border. 

That was mostly my point...I probably shouldn't have included those links as they talked about vax status, but the NFL lets teams know well in advance if they will be crossing international borders or playing in international games so they can get all their ducks in a row with paperwork, etc...24-48 hours certainly isn't enough time for that to happen.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Wow! Do you really think anyone In Their right minds thinks they can cross an international border without a passport and documentation to identify themselves?? Cmon. Obviously he was referring to Vaxx requirements. You are just stating the obvious that a passport is required to

enter into Canada or an other country. Cmon, stop the nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how can you find out about travel bans.  Is there a NYS website or something.  I'm out of state.  All I've seen so far is commercial traffic bans.  Coming from PGH, so it's 79 north to 90.  

also, if there are travel bans, do tickets get refunded? 

I always go to the local buffalo news stations wivb (cbs), wkbw (abc) and wgrz (NBC) websites 

In 2014 the jets game they got refunded. No idea how they would do it this season with their dynamic pricing though

Bills refund bills ticket holders, secondary markets refund the secondary market ticket holders 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow! Do you really think anyone In Their right minds thinks they can cross an international border without a passport and documentation to identify themselves?? Cmon. Obviously he was referring to Vaxx requirements. You are just stating the obvious that a passport is required to

enter into Canada or an other country. Cmon, stop the nonsense. 

Except you didn’t say that. You said: 

“For some reason rules don’t apply for athletes. NBA and MLB can enter without the papers. It’s all ready to go.”

Hinting that you believe sports teams have some exemption to crossing the border to play international games. Pretty sure most others here assumed you meant the same. It’s cool. Keep walking it back. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Except you didn’t say that. You said: 

“For some reason rules don’t apply for athletes. NBA and MLB can enter without the papers. It’s all ready to go.”

Hinting that you believe sports teams have some exemption to crossing the border to play international games. Pretty sure most others here assumed you meant the same. It’s cool. Keep walking it back. 

Wow you are truly special. Ridiculous argument if you really think any government would give exceptions to athletes from

Identify themselves with a passport to cross an international border. That’s a given to any Normal person.  Move on. Done with you.  

20 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

which sucks.  Wonder why?  Capacity?  

All the reasons used to rule out the Carrier Dome seem trivial and pointless: 

"Doesn't have the capacity."

--The Chargers played in a 20,000 seat soccer stadium for three whole seasons, no reason why the Bills couldn't play a single game in a 50,000 seat college football venue. 

"Isn't an 'NFL-caliber' Stadium"

--Again, you had the Chargers situation for three years, the Rams playing in an ancient 1930s college stadium for even longer, and plenty of other one-off regular season games in Europe and Mexico have been held in stadiums that were not designed with American football in mind. That excuse doesn't fly either. 

"Not equipped with NFL-level TV cameras/infrastructure"

--This is the only one that halfway holds water, I guess. I suppose there are licensing and contractual broadcasting requirements that have to be satisfied but it's still pretty stupid. I've watched Syracuse home games on ESPN and the ACC Network that look pretty indistinguishable from NFL broadcasts in terms of picture quality and camera angles, but maybe I just don't have a nice enough TV or appreciate the artistic nuance enough to understand why flying drone cameras and super-HD shots of every last drop of sweat falling from the players' noses is an absolutely indispensable prerequisite to conducting a regulation professional football contest. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

Why isn't the Carrier Dome being discussed as an option? Syracuse is away this weekend and would still give the Bills a home field advantage.

Don't want drunk fans getting sucked out of the stadium when they opened the doors (watched an OSU tuba player get sucked out the doors leaving the stadium when Oklahoma State played there in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament in 2000). 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow you are truly special. Ridiculous argument if you really think any government would give exceptions to athletes from

Identify themselves with a passport to cross an international border. That’s a given to any Normal person.  Move on. Done with you.  

Love how you keep saying that I thought that when it was you who posted what you did. Now youre walking it back. Cute tho 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.