No Elite RB No Super Bowl !

NastyNateSoldiers

49 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’ve been a fan of this team for over 35yrs I’ve never seen such bad running backs . This team is to Josh centric and it will never stop until we get a primo back. Having a a great back will make this team unstoppable and would relive pressure off Josh the Oline & Wrs . 

People will say Singletary is good enough but he’s not . He doesn’t have the skill set to make defenses pay for playing 2 high safeties with 6 man boxes he’s also not strong enough to get the tough yards and last but not least he’s definitely not good enough to have the faith in the coaches to truly be a featured back. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.  Some want to jump to conclusions and blame the Oline but Singletary doesn’t have the speed to consistently challenge the outside and break off long runs defenses know this since he’s limited his running lanes are funneled to between the tackles and it’s makes it very hard for the Oline to open holes when the defense know where he’s running. 

Sorry fellas we ain’t getting it done this yr I feel sorry for Josh the kind of pressure they put on him to be a star on every play it’s unmatched in this leagues history. Even Brady and Peyton had great backs for the majority of there careers . They didn’t have to be the everything on there offenses they had balance . 

remind me what was the name of that elite back on the Rams last year? Or on all those Patriot SB teams? Who were their “elite” RBs? 

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Devin didn't do squat in the 2nd half. And I dont care anymore who's to blame. We've had a deficient OL for 3 years. We've had mediocre RB's for 3 years.  Devin got 47 today which is his exact yearly avg.  Nothing changes....JoshCentric.....

he didn't do squat with all 4 of his carries!

No elite running backs mean nothing. If elite running backs mattered the Buffalo Bills would have two or three Super Bowls with Joe Cribbs 1980’s and Thurman Thomas 1990’s. Not to mention the Bills had one of the greatest running backs in the history of the NFL in the 1970’s OJ Simpson.  Running backs don’t mean anything for Super Bowl winning in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

25 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

remind me what was the name of that elite back on the Rams last year? Or on all those Patriot SB teams? Who were their “elite” RBs? 

Or the Chiefs, Eagles, Bucs (Fournette had big playoff games at least).

The top RBs very rarely have playoff success. It's all about the QB position

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Singletary is more than capable. Always has been. We just refuse to have any balance in our offense. For 3 years now…it’s been the same story “the bills don’t run the ball.” But they have a RB who gets 4-5 yards a pop. 

this and they refuse to run down hill like by handing the ball off from under center.

give the running backs a running start before they get the ball instead of immediately handing it to them in shotgun.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Riddle me this…why do the Bills run effectively to the outside but can’t between the tackles?

I think that starts with Morse not being super effective gaining leverage and position moving DTs. 

He's just is not that mauling kind of center.

He is above average in pass pro, and elite as a pulling center blocking outside, but struggles moving interior guys on power/gap runs.

Bates has had struggles this year too opening holes.

Aaron has his work cut out and also needs to teach them how to block and seal off the backside pursuit on running plays.

Seems our OL forgot how to do that... again.

Too many runs are being snuffed out by defenders tracking down the RB behind the LOS.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I think that starts with Morse not being super effective gaining leverage and position moving DTs. 

He's just is not that mauling kind of center.

He is above average in pass pro, and elite as a pulling center blocking outside, but struggles moving interior guys on power/gap runs.

Bates has had struggles this year too opening holes.

Aaron has his work cut out and also needs to teach them how to block and seal off the backside pursuit on running plays.

Seems our OL forgot how to do that... again.

Too many runs are being snuffed out by defenders tracking down the RB behind the LOS.

Don’t disagree.

My reply was basically that if the RB’s can be effective to the outside, but get continually stuffed between the tackles…..maybe it’s an offensive line issue and not a RB issue.

Edited by Beast

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Patriots as well as the Rams we’re a balanced team they ran the ball better then the Bills do now. Btw u ever hear of Antione Smith or Corey Dillion ? I didn’t know we have power backs on this roster that can do what those guys can. Please never again compare our sht show backs to anything Pats had in there dynasty yrs or the Rams championship team from last yr . At least there teams had some balance to it . 

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Btw it wasn’t just needing to be elite at the position the type backs we have are not chain movers . The Pats had big strong backs during there championship runs guys like Corey Dillion, Ant Smith and Lagerette Blount. I’ll take any of those caliber backs on this team right now. 

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Btw it wasn’t just needing to be elite at the position the type backs we have are not chain movers . The Pats had big strong backs during there championship runs guys like Corey Dillion, Ant Smith and Lagerette Blount. I’ll take any of those caliber backs on this team right now. 

so you didn’t mean what you said right in the title of your thread. Got it. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

We have a legit RB1

We could have anyone 

This coaching won't stick to it. Our RB1 scored twice in a half and in the next half was invisible 

Make it make sense!

Scoring from inside the 5 twice doesn’t mean your a good back. Singletary is a front runner back when he gets to the 2nd level he does well and in using his feet to make sharp cuts but that’s all he is. He hardly ever gets the tough yds we are horrible on short yardage situations. He also never in his l career wore down the opposing defense. He’s a JAG a maybe even worse then a JAG in my opinion. Singletary is a good backup RB a change of pace guy that’s it. 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

so you didn’t mean what you said right in the title of your thread. Got it. 

The reason I said that is because an elite back is probably the only type of back this team would truly feature. I would take a guy like D’Onta Foreman any day over Singletary but I don’t think the Bills would use him correctly.  A back like Foreman would do wonders for this team if giving the opportunity. Singletary has 1 100yd rushing performance in over the 2+ seasons if u think he’s the answer u have no football acumen. 

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The reason I said that is because an elite back is probably the only type of back this team would truly feature. I would take a guy like D’Onta Foreman any day over Singletary but I don’t think the Bills would use him correctly.  A back like Foreman would do wonders for this team if giving the opportunity. Singletary has 1 100yd rushing performance in over the 2+ seasons if u think he’s the answer u have no football acumen. 

nice backpedalling. Foreman, the complete opposite of what anyone on Earth with any “football acumen” would consider an elite RB, is a better option than Singletary. Foreman’s 4.3 ypc vs Singletary’s 4.7 clearly shows this is true.

3 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Singletary is more than capable. Always has been. We just refuse to have any balance in our offense. For 3 years now…it’s been the same story “the bills don’t run the ball.” But they have a RB who gets 4-5 yards a pop. 

U don’t believe the lack of balance has nothing to do with the caliber of back we have on this roster ? If Singletary was a Kamara type or even Pierce caliber back u don’t think those guys would get 17-20 touches a week on this squad. What amazes me is the Bills never really committed to Singletary but at the same time never really brought in anyone that can steal his job. Yes they blew pks on Moss and Cook maybe that should tell everything we should know about Beane ability to scout at that position. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Don’t disagree.

My reply was basically that if the RB’s can be effective to the outside, but get continually stuffed between the tackles…..maybe it’s an offensive line issue and not a RB issue.

How effective are they running to the outside because I don’t see it on sweeps or pitch outs on true outside the tackles runs. The play usually starts between the tackles then Singletary bounces outside once he reaches the 2nd level. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.