NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is a real chance that this team doesn’t make the playoffs. 1 seed is a pipe dream now and you aren’t beating KC in KC in the playoffs. The wheel could absolutely come off this thing.

That's the only situation where I would be ok firing McD. 

The bad thing about this team is they can play with anyone in the league, but they are to cocky.  The issue with this team is that they all think that they have been given a red carpet to the SB this year, although that haven't earned jack 💩.  The locker room  good vibe thing is hurting this team.  This team needs a coach that is not afraid to put down a solid dose of the law in the locker room,  and get the players focused at playing football again.  We have too many players making mistakes that this year are costing this team wins.  Every loss can be put on the coaches lack of leading this team, but we have players that are making mistakes at the worst possible time during the game.  Stupid defensive penalties out of bounds.  These mistakes are costing us W's.  

When you believe your better than everyone else on the field, without playing the game first that is major problem.

Cocky and Confidence are not the same thing.

Game altering plays today that if go the other way we win:

1. Fumble by singletary when we're driving to basically put the game away

2. How do you give up an 81 yard run when up 17?  By letting up and a big wiff of a tackle by #46

3. On 2nd and 2 from the 4, run the fkn ball (by Josh if you wish), 3 straight times if needed.  It would work.  Dorsey short yardage brain fart per usual

4. One handed catch on 4th and 18 - knock the fckn ball down Lewis. Football 101 stuff

4. PI call against #46 on 2nd and 22 - inexcusable

5. Simple center QB exchange fumbled.  Really, how does that possibly happen??

6. Late in regulation a PI is called at the 10.  2 more seconds on the clock, we could have run another play before the FG. 5 seconds left and we can't.

7. Knox almost caught the ball in the endzone in OT.  Pretty blatant PI, no call. 

8. On game ending INT, check down to Singletary instead.  He would have caught it on around the 15 with defenders at the 10 and 5.  Probably doesn't result in a TD (Singletary doesn't do that) but does probably get a 1st down, or at worst, 3rd and very short.

There's probably more stuff I'm missing....frustrating.....on to Cleveland

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

And that’s the difference. PM is better than JA. 

Allen just doesn't know what a check down is. As good as he is, he's not on a Mahomes/Brady level of quarterback play. Couple it with horrendous coaching at times, and you get our present situation

• Agree 1

Our corners stink never ever look for the ball, any ball over 20 yards its auto PI on us

We miss Cole so much

Josh in redzone is horrible

Still no running game 

Can we cut number 7 like now

We rely so much on Josh he has the thought of he has to do everything

McD is the new Marvin Lewis

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Gear up and go stomp a woefully miserable Browns squad. 

We lose to Cleveland, the season is over. And I don't say that lightly - I mean it. 

We might be there already, I think we won the next 2 games but after that who knows, we could lose out or win after that. A split is probably what will happen and that leaves us out of the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

And that’s the difference. PM is better than JA. 

Mahomes has won it all and has a MVP of the league. Allen is hoping to accomplish what Mahomes already has. There really shouldn't be any discussion on whose better. Truthfully, Tua is out playing Allen. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Interesting logic.

It's almost like you're saying losing in November doesn't make making the playoffs harder.

You realize we're third in the Division now, right?  

And tell me exactly how many games are left in the season to change that narrative....

32 minutes ago, boater said:

Motor is an average RB. Middle of the road. 50 percentile.

If you imagine your team a Superbowl contender, he's not good enough.

The Bills OL, particularly the middle 3, are the reason he doesn't gain more yards.  

He is also a good receiver so why Allen stopped checking down to him like he did early in the season, is a mystery.  Allen is throwing deeper passes the past 3 games with much worse results.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

We might be there already, I think we won the next 2 games but after that who knows, we could lose out or win after that. A split is probably what will happen and that leaves us out of the playoffs.

Having Miami and NYJ here will help, but who knows. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Game altering plays today that if go the other way we win:

1. Fumble by singletary when we're driving to basically put the game away

2. How do you give up an 81 yard run when up 17?  By letting up and a big wiff of a tackle by #46

3. On 2nd and 2 from the 4, run the fkn ball (by Josh if you wish), 3 straight times if needed.  It would work.  Dorsey short yardage brain fart per usual

4. One handed catch on 4th and 18 - knock the fckn ball down Lewis. Football 101 stuff

4. PI call against #46 on 2nd and 22 - inexcusable

5. Simple center QB exchange fumbled.  Really, how does that possibly happen??

6. Late in regulation a PI is called at the 10.  2 more seconds on the clock, we could have run another play before the FG. 5 seconds left and we can't.

7. Knox almost caught the ball in the endzone in OT.  Pretty blatant PI, no call. 

8. On game ending INT, check down to Singletary instead.  He would have caught it on around the 15 with defenders at the 10 and 5.  Probably doesn't result in a TD (Singletary doesn't do that) but does probably get a 1st down, or at worst, 3rd and very short.

There's probably more stuff I'm missing....frustrating.....on to Cleveland

Chubb might go for 200 yards rushing. 

• Agree 1

I’m livid with that pick and fumble at the end of this game but you have a 3 score lead in the second half at home and you need to win. The defense choked away several chances and just could not get us off the field. Injuries or not that’s inexcusable and I’m losing a lot of faith in this staff. I hope McDermott takes over the play calling on defense but everyone just eats Fraizers D 24/7 so I’m sure it’s more likely he’d get given the key to the city. He can shove this soft shell passive BS up his ass. I want my defense to play with half the balls as our offense 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Our corners stink never ever look for the ball, any ball over 20 yards its auto PI on us

We miss Cole so much

Josh in redzone is horrible

Still no running game 

Can we cut number 7 like now

We rely so much on Josh he has the thought of he has to do everything

McD is the new Marvin Lewis

I agree with this, except McDermott is the new Marty Shottehemer, he we eventually get it sorted. He is a good coach and will get this fixed at some point. Might take 10 years like it did Andy Reid or Tony Dungy.

10 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Definitely more than capable. Josh not playing good ball right now..def rather it be now than later though. Really hope we can land OBJ. The loss of Cole Beasley is killing us

He had about a 10% chance of coming here before this game. That's about a 3% chance now. Let's just hope Allen gets his stuff right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.