GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

Just now, ChiGoose said:

The reason they say that it is it easier to spread misinformation that abortions 8 months in are elective than it is to explain the nuances of why someone would have to have an abortion at that stage. 

So instead of spending several minutes explaining the nuances of pregnancy healthcare, liberal politicians find it easier to phrase it as keeping the government out of healthcare decisions.

I get that and I understand.  However, I find that our culture now understands that killing babies is just fine.  I hate that.  I've been through it in my generation and the next and all I can say is I'm so happy to provide for these sweet little girls.  one and then the next.

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

I get that and I understand.  However, I find that our culture now understands that killing babies is just fine.  I hate that.  I've been through it in my generation and the next and all I can say is I'm so happy to provide for these sweet little girls.  one and then the next.

I think that if we took a root cause analysis to unwanted pregnancies and addressed those issues, we would dramatically reduce the number of abortions without endangering the lives of women.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It’s starting. Trump toady Kari Lake is already talking about stolen elections and challenges, and nobody has even called the race yet. 

Ive made my opinion of Trump and his bs very well known in this thread, but I kind of don’t blame her.  

Hobbs running the election, and it being such a dumpster fire earlier today, ehh… if she loses and wants to wild out, I’ll allow it. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ive made my opinion of Trump and his bs very well known in this thread, but I kind of don’t blame her.  

Hobbs running the election, and it being such a dumpster fire earlier today, ehh… if she loses and wants to wild out, I’ll allow it. 

I can understand being upset about the results of an election, but if you're someone trying to be a government official, elected or not, you should damn well have something to back that up when you say stuff like that.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I can understand being upset about the results of an election, but if you're someone trying to be a government official, elected or not, you should damn well have something to back that up when you say stuff like that.

This might just be a must watch. The whole thing is good, but the pertainent part begins around 5:25

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It’s starting. Trump toady Kari Lake is already talking about stolen elections and challenges, and nobody has even called the race yet. 

These people have no shame. Just flat out embarrassing that there are millions of folks in this country who will support such brainwashed lunacy

• Agree 1

Ok, last big update before bedtime. It's late even for central time. So far, it looks like the GOP will take the House but the Senate is still in question. This is, frankly, a pretty terrible result for the GOP given the fundamentals.

Races I'm watching:

image.thumb.png.a768a441b09ba05e633d47e92fbcefd5.png

image.thumb.png.56c0b4a3344f618989f0dbe2ad6b29c5.png

image.thumb.png.43ff5f2e03b6dd8bd9771808d1f32912.png

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This might just be a must watch. The whole thing in good, but the pertainent part begins around 5:25

Can we sub him in for Fetterman? Regardless of party or affiliation views, I think everyone would (hopefully) agree that the PA Senate race is/was a display of two sorry candidates that highlights the bad (not everything is bad) in American politics.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This might just be a must watch. The whole thing is good, but the pertainent part begins around 5:25

Ohio really missed out. They could have had a working man, a family man, someone who understood them and stood up to people like Pelosi.

Instead, they chose an elitist gadfly who made his name on exploiting the challenges of regular people, sold it to Hollywood for a ton of money, and flip-flops to accommodate whichever political sponsor is the most convenient at that moment.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ok, last big update before bedtime. It's late even for central time. So far, it looks like the GOP will take the House but the Senate is still in question. This is, frankly, a pretty terrible result for the GOP given the fundamentals.

Races I'm watching:

image.thumb.png.a768a441b09ba05e633d47e92fbcefd5.png

image.thumb.png.56c0b4a3344f618989f0dbe2ad6b29c5.png

image.thumb.png.43ff5f2e03b6dd8bd9771808d1f32912.png

GOP will flip it and talk about candidate quality (fair) and how they made a lot of inroads towards taking the House in ‘20 which is why tonight isn’t so eye opening on that end (also fair).    

They’ll also point to the map for Congress being much better for the GOP in ‘24 (again, fair)

But the the overarching takeaway from tonight is that Trump is toxic and he, for the second election in a row, completely f***ed over the GOP by pushing his candidates. 

Abortion messaging needs to be better for R’s, but I don’t see this being a massive issue again in ‘24, given the recency power of this fading.  It will be an issue, but not the damaging one that drives northern democrats in their obsession to legalize any/all killing of unborn children.   It also doesn’t totally add up given abortion measures are state level policy and DeSantis, Kemp, Dewine, Abbott all did phenomenal…. All signed abortion restrictions.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

GOP will flip it and talk about candidate quality (fair) and how they made a lot of inroads towards taking the House in ‘20 which is why tonight isn’t so eye opening on that end (also fair).    

They’ll also point to the map for Congress being much better for the GOP in ‘24 (again, fair)

But the the overarching takeaway from tonight is that Trump is toxic and he, for the second election in a row, completely f***ed over the GOP by pushing his candidates. 

Abortion messaging needs to be better for R’s, but I don’t see this being a massive issue again in ‘24, given the recency power of this fading.  It will be an issue, but not the damaging one that drives northern democrats in their obsession to legalize any/all killing of unborn children.   It also doesn’t totally add up given abortion measures are state level policy and DeSantis, Kemp, Dewine, Abbott all did phenomenal…. All signed abortion restrictions.  

If not a having a "Red Wave" this year because of Trump, which causes Trump to NOT run (or ultimately not being nominated) and Desantis is the presidential nominee then big picture this a HUGGEEE win for everyone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, letsgoteam said:

If not a having a "Red Wave" this year because of Trump, which causes Trump to NOT run (or ultimately not being nominated) and Desantis is the presidential nominee then big picture this a HUGGEEE win for everyone.

Donald Trump GIF

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

It might also embolden Biden to seek reelection.  Trump will be a problem no matter what though.  He'll either win the GOP nomination or run as a 3rd party candidate to spite the Republican party that he perceived turned on him.