Coaching Staff has to take a huge blame for yesterday

BillyBilliams

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I was first of the opinion we didn't need OBJ.  I'm now seriously having to reconsider.  

It's a multi-year commitment at this point too.  But him and Diggs flexing inside to the slot does sound appealing, and with other weapons on the offense in davis/shakir/mckenzie he can play on a bit of a pitch count this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yup.  1 turnover takes 3 off the board, another gave them field position for 7.  The jets only scored 20.  Even with getting gashed in the run game they still only scored 3 on that last drive.  

Unfortunately, they were able to eat up the clock in an 86 yard drive that started from their 4 yard line and get the go ahead score.

The coaches and players need to realize they have  a bullseye on their back and play like they have something to prove, instead of playing like they are the superbowl champs.   This reminds me of the JAGS game from last year. 

We will be fine. Lets Go Buffalo

• Agree 1

Just now, Peter said:

Unfortunately, they were able to eat up the clock in an 86 yard drive that started from their 4 yard line and get the go ahead score.

yeah - the 34 for 175 was like 6 carries for 80 on that drive.  That's both a good and bad thing i guess?  like for the most part they weren't gashing us in the run game, but man those 2 johnson missed tackles were like 30 extra yards or more.  

1 minute ago, Peter said:

We had almost the full 2 minutes though - thats enough time.

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

yeah - the 34 for 175 was like 6 carries for 80 on that drive.  That's both a good and bad thing i guess?  like for the most part they weren't gashing us in the run game, but man those 2 johnson missed tackles were like 30 extra yards or more.  

It was so depressing . . . and that was without their stud running back Breece Hall.

10 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

The Jets played and coached like it was their Super Bowl, that’s why we lost

That’s a cop out. Yes the Jets gave there all but the Bills O stunk. Plain and simple. 

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The NYJ had their mediocre QB get rid of the ball almost immediately. Tackling by the Bills D was awful. 

Why didn’t the bills get the ball out quickly?

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t know, but it’s certainly a valid question. What they were doing wasn’t working well particularly in the second half. Seems like Dorsey should have changed a few things. 

It seems that Josh doesn’t trust anyone but Diggs. I think that 2nd pick was Davis running the wrong route. Multiple drops by Dirty and Davis. He’s turning into a one read guy because he fears the other’s will make a mistake. 

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

It seems that Josh doesn’t trust anyone but Diggs. I think that 2nd pick was Davis running the wrong route. Multiple drops by Dirty and Davis. He’s turning into a one read guy because he fears the other’s will make a mistake. 

Again I’m not certain. McKenzie has been unreliable and Davis has dropped passes. He did go to Davis on the final offensive play though, and Davis failed to come up with the catch. 

4 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Maybe JA chose not to? Maybe it’s the players not the coaches, anyone think of that?

Maybe, but not likely. It didn’t seem like Dorsey went to any kind of a quick game to get the ball out fast. The players run the plays that are called by the OC, and it didn’t look like they changed their approach in the 2nd half. 

33 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again I’m not certain. McKenzie has been unreliable and Davis has dropped passes. He did go to Davis on the final offensive play though, and Davis failed to come up with the catch. 

Maybe, but not likely. It didn’t seem like Dorsey went to any kind of a quick game to get the ball out fast. The players run the plays that are called by the OC, and it didn’t look like they changed their approach in the 2nd half. 

He hit Davis on a 70 yard bomb IN THE CHEST and Davis dropped it!  How can you trust him???

My biggest question is why do they fear the pass so much they feel the need to play their ‘base’ nickel defense against a run heavy front? If anything playing a more aggressive defensive style that was blitz heavy intent on stuffing the run and forcing the game into Wilson’s hands should have been the game plan from the first defensive snap. 

4 hours ago, SBbeliever said:

where the hell was our IMPROVED pass rush???

Von did as much as he could but Groot got hurt before halftime.  Epenesa and Boogie are worthless. None of our blitzes worked. You can't blitz Edmunds. But with all that said they still decided to beat us running at our adorable Nickel.  Dlineman were pretty useless. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.