Coaching Staff has to take a huge blame for yesterday

BillyBilliams

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

The Jets played and coached like it was their Super Bowl, that’s why we lost

The Jets are very much in contention in the Division, so calling it their "Super Bowl" is like saying they are out of it.

We are 1/2 game up in the loss column on them and Miami, and both of them are 2-1 in the division, while we're 0-2.

We are 1 loss away from being in 3rd place.  Not in the Conference...in the Division.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Maybe...I mean it's not like we aren't still ranked #1 in offense or anything...

Maybe it’s dude to our qb doing most of the work and not having a great supporting cast too. Diggs is the only guy on this offense I wouldn’t consider upgrading. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Maybe it’s dude to our qb doing most of the work and not having a great supporting cast too. Diggs is the only guy on this offense I wouldn’t consider upgrading. 

Maybe it's just people overreacting like they always do anytime everything isn't sunshine and roses here.

1 hour ago, BillyBilliams said:

If the Buffalo Bills were playing the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday, would Jordan Poyer or Matt Milano be playing?  If the answer is yes, then why were they sat out for this game?  

I agree with this.  The Jets had a couple questionable players that played.  I think James Robinson was even doubtful at one point and he played and scored a TD.  If we are resting players that are just banged up that could be playing it needs to stop. You want a week off then go get the bye week in the playoffs.  Is Tre coming back or not??  Should he be on IR if he's really not ready or are we just saving him? Any more games like this and we'll be on the road for the playoffs with no bye week. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

If Josh plays better, we win. Simple as that. It's amazing the lack of criticism he received for the game. Somehow the defense and Edmunds was to blame to some here. I watched the game again and neither int by Josh was great defense, it was Josh.

Agree. But still our defense let them run up the field at the end. A stop down there deep and we could have had good chance of game winning field goal. Not excusing Josh at all but this was a team loss. Further I like McDermott but he's a very average game day coach.

• Thank you (+1) 1

if we want to win a super bowl, we simply need production from the TE and RB positions.  we have had red zone issues, our biggest issue by far is turning the ball over.  the only thing that might be able to help w both of those is to give the D something other than Josh throwing deep or running to worry about.  RBs and TEs are on the roster, they have to be schemed and they have to perform.

it's just that simple, and i do agree coaching has to correct this.

• Like (+1) 2

2.  If the Buffalo Bills were playing the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday, would Jordan Poyer or Matt Milano be playing?  If the answer is yes, then why were they sat out for this game? 

This particular issue has been brewing for a while.  This team seems to take a lot of calculated gambles by sitting players who are banged up but still able to practice, especially against inferior opponents.  I'm not opposed to this philosophically, but eventually one of those decisions is going to come back to bite you, and that obviously happened yesterday.  We almost certainly win a tight, ugly game with Milano in the lineup.

When you're already down both your starting safeties and an all-pro corner, it seems a little reckless to sit your best LB too.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll get some negative reactions - but we do not have great coaching.

We have good coaching.

And that's alright. It's hard to find a truly great coach, and I would say there are very few in the league right now.  But our coaches are just a little above average, imo.  They gameplan well, and make decent adjustments, but they're never going to be transcendent or "wow" us.  

• Like (+1) 1

And that's where the coaching staff needs to recognize that and implement quick screens, or quick passes for Knox to make plays.  We don't have the luxury to not use a player like Knox.  He HAS to play better.

Pretty much ignored Cook also. These two need to be involved more , sadly Davis isn’t cutting it.

2 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

If the Buffalo Bills were playing the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday, would Jordan Poyer or Matt Milano be playing?  If the answer is yes, then why were they sat out for this game? 

Agree… Would add Tre’ White to your list… He’s been practicing… He needs to get back into the lineup…

Just now, Believer said:

Agree… Would add Tre’ White to your list… He’s been practicing… He needs to get back into the lineup…

I brought this up after week 4.  Godwin has been playing all year.  We are literally close to a year since the injury.  I'm sorry, but Poyer, Milano, and White are taking up way too much cap space to be babying them in.  That's approx $30M give or take in cap space we're just letting slowly come back.  That's about 17% of the cap.  That's 1/5th of our team.....

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Pretty much ignored Cook also. These two need to be involved more , sadly Davis isn’t cutting it.

I'd take the production we got out of Beasley any day over what we are getting from Davis.  Some deep balls every few games and then disappearing for big chucks of time is not what you should be getting from a WR2.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

I brought this up after week 4.  Godwin has been playing all year.  We are literally close to a year since the injury.  I'm sorry, but Poyer, Milano, and White are taking up way too much cap space to be babying them in.  That's approx $30M give or take in cap space we're just letting slowly come back.  That's about 17% of the cap.  That's 1/5th of our team.....

Agree… but it’s not so much the ROI that bothers me… It’s the Bills philosophy… Maybe the strategy is to sit these guys so no chance of further injury… and save them for the playoff push… Truth is the absence of their experience, skill set, and leadership on the field hurt the Bills in a game with a top division rival

8 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

Ah, so now we have medical experts here on TBD. 🤣

By the way. Godwin has missed 2 games this year so far.

Just now, BillyBilliams said:

and White has missed 8, and his injury was before Godwin's.....

And?!?

You wrote Godwin has been playing all year. He hasn't. Just a correction.

Again, Ah, so now we have medical experts here on TBD. 🤣

Experts who just guess as to Godwin vs. White's surgery and recovery timeline. 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.