NFL Week #9 - 11/6/22 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The DL actually didn't have a great game vs. the Packers.  There's a good breakdown somewhere, I'll try and dig it up but it's in the postgame thread and I don't have a lot of energy to find it since That was Then, This is Now.  Jones was letting himself get turned where he normally doesn't, Jordan Phillips was leaving his gap to try for a sack*** instead of defending the run, etc etc.

Which are the same problems we had last year when the LB didn't look as good - the DL wasn't as good.

TBH, and to McDermott's references to putting the players in better position to succeed - in the 2nd half, the Bills kept figuring GB would play to win, and pass.  So we kept giving them light boxes and playing pass first. 

Plus, frankly, when we were up 24-7 at the half, I think the team kind of relaxed.  I'm sure McD wasn't happy about that.  At all.

EDIT: ***which is what he did in 2019, and is one of the reasons we let him walk

This is a great summary of what actually happened.  And, oh by the way, the Bills won the game by 10 and they were never in danger of losing.  Let's move on.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I do not think that Milano was ever seen as slow.  Certainly not as slow as Bernard appeared.   I thought Dodson was the first man up, but Coach Frazier and Coach McDermott have earned my trust.  

Bernard and Milano have about the same 40 time. 

I think the first season where Milano worked his way into the defensive lineup, he was seen as undersized and slow - I could be misremembering - but IMHO that comes with thinking instead of knowing what you see and just reacting.  Milano seems to have worked hard to get a bit faster, and that's likely part of his strategy to stay on the field (be faster, be in better position to make a solid tackle instead of just getting an arm in)

Bills started Dodson for Edmunds vs. Pittsburgh, and I didn't particularly notice him - which was good news.

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

From a few seasons ago. The game that the Jets led most of. This little guy got upset after the Bills took the lead. After mouthing off all game, he snuck out before the end to avoid any problems. CqGMy0R.jpg

jests.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I do not think that Milano was ever seen as slow.  Certainly not as slow as Bernard appeared.   I thought Dodson was the first man up, but Coach Frazier and Coach McDermott have earned my trust.  

Bernard's 40 was faster than Milano.  He may seem slow because he has to think too much instead of just playing.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Bernard's 40 was faster than Milano.  He may seem slow because he has to think too much instead of just playing.

Not to harp, but Bernard has a reported 4.65 40 time (he didn't run at the Combine)

Milano: 4.67 at the combine

You wanna make a deal out of 0.02 s in pajamas, Go For It.

46 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Looks like this is shaping up to be a bigtime bash edmunds game already 😂

I hope you are wrong and he has a great game. For the BILLS sake as well as the fans. Nobody wants to see him fail. Failure is so not an option we want ALL PRO play out there just sayin'

BRING IT please senor edmunds. Im rooting for u .

m

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh, Good Grief.  This is the pinnacle of Talking Head Manufactured Controversy.

The Jets have been playing, believe it or don't, primarily zone defense.  They have also been playing "cover a side" defense with Gardner on one side (R I think) and DJ Reed on the other.

The answer to the question "where does Stefon Diggs line up for the Bills?" has been "Everywhere".

Just as last week, Zaire Alexander vs Stefon Diggs was talked-up big time but in the game, GB seemed to put Zaire on Davis and doubled Diggs, I doubt we're gonna see a Sauce vs Diggs showdown here.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I guess everyone is assuming that Gardiner will shadow Diggs.  Maybe.  If so, I am sure the Bills can find a way to take advantage of that to free up others.  (thinking lots of movement)  If not, Diggs will go off as usual.  

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I guess everyone is assuming that Gardiner will shadow Diggs.  Maybe.  If so, I am sure the Bills can find a way to take advantage of that to free up others.  (thinking lots of movement)  If not, Diggs will go off as usual.  

If they do, it will mean the Jets are re-vamping their coverage scheme for the Bills.

Now it's not unknown for a team to bring out something different when facing the Bills, but that's a double-edged sword with young players