What happened to Hapless Bills Fan?

Brennan Huff

I don't know why a bunch of people left TBD; then some, or at least one, returned.  I've been lurking here for years longer than I have been posting here.  Why?  Because it's a good board, and most people here are smart and civil.  But there are only so many times that I can restate that JA17 is a generational talent, so I just leave it alone.  I don't post stuff outside of GDT and OTW, for the most part, as a result.

Based on the view of someone who was in lurk mode for the most part, a handful of people posted a large portion of the content here (many of them are gone now), and HBF ran point for this void of what seems like almost 3 years.  The pandemic years cause you to forget a lot of details, and how much time actually passed (it seems like 20 years).  I happen to like HBF, but she over rotated, IMO.  Instead of this group of say 8-10 people who really drove a ton of the discussions, HBF filled the void.  That lead to an imbalance of discussions.

If you moderate the hell out of anything, no matter how much I feel that some level of curating public discussion keeps it from becoming total anarchy and therefore totally pointless, it's an impossible task, and eventually you burn out.  I get that as well.

I guess what it comes down to is a simple question that I've asked myself over the years.  "Would you want to be a moderator on an internet forum?"  The answer is a resounding NO.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:58 AM, RiotAct said:

LOL… I’m a refugee from the official Bills Message Board.  Circa 2017 or so.   It closed with like zero explanation 

I would imagine it was determined that it no longer supported the goals of the Buffalo Bills organization.  I.E., having a community forum where everyone can B word and complain about all things Bills is not really conducive to growing the brand.  

The Sabres should be doing the same thing now.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would imagine it was determined that it no longer supported the goals of the Buffalo Bills organization.  I.E., having a community forum where everyone can B word and complain about all things Bills is not really conducive to growing the brand.  

This is all rumors heard through the grapevine over the years, so take it with a grain of salt, but at some point ownership took a look at the content and were basically like "shut it down".  And so it went, and I can't blame them.  You had some posters openly saying that they would make better GMs than Whaley (debatable point), and the QB whispering with some was priceless.  I used to love reading this over-top-stuff stuff over coffee each morning, but if I'm a Pegula, my thoughts are probably the exact opposite from mine.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Hold the Company Line!!!!!  Very important for the Pegulas to afford that 9th yacht

On 11/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Mango said:

My post volume is down this year for similar reason. Also there are a lot of new people, which is cool. But sometimes I come for the conversation and updates and the front page is just a circle jerk of “How awesome is Josh?” and “I am seriously thinking of voting for Beane for POTUS” or whatever.  I don’t get involved much in those kind of threads and don’t have much to offer. 

Jesus. Every single thread after this loss is started by somebody I’ve never seen on here before. Then all the responses just seem spammy. 

7 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

This is all rumors heard through the grapevine over the years, so take it with a grain of salt, but at some point ownership took a look at the content and were basically like "shut it down".  And so it went, and I can't blame them.  You had some posters openly saying that they would make better GMs than Whaley (debatable point), and the QB whispering with some was priceless.  I used to love reading this over-top-stuff stuff over coffee each morning, but if I'm a Pegula, my thoughts are probably the exact opposite from mine.

That’s no different than here lol half the posters here think they are gm quality and could run circles Around everybody 

this thread though. Whatever happened to attack the post not the poster. . She isnt a mod anymore just a regular poster. 

Those with hapless ptsd should be happy she isnt a moderator anymore and just leave the past in the past.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:45 PM, CountDorkula said:

God do I miss the Turbo/Dog altercations in the shout box. 

Different gravitation pull in San Diego is all time good. 

Gug and I would take an automated chat bot and use it to reply to him. 

Whatever he would say we put it as user input. Whatever the AI bot would reply we paste it to him. It'd carry on amazing conversations with him. 

www.cleverbot.com

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, boyst said:

Gug and I would take an automated chat bot and use it to reply to him. 

Whatever he would say we put it as user input. Whatever the AI bot would reply we paste it to him. It'd carry on amazing conversations with him. 

www.cleverbot.com

Holy crap, was this fun.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.