Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that this trial played out as the facts presented instead of the right wing circle jerk of a secret affair based on absolutely nothing.

Will the MAGA crowd learn from this? I’d bet the farm against it. Learning isn’t exactly their thing. 

Why would you be shocked?  Speculating, discussing, jumping to conclusions is pretty much a human beings thing.  I’m actually surprised you’re surprised. 

Where’s your farm?  I thought you were a big city lawyer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Speculating, discussing, jumping to conclusions is pretty much a human beings thing.

But the Paul Pelosi "conspiracy" thing - the idea that his attacker was in the home for some kind of consensual sexual tryst - was a whole new form of conspiracy theory. There was nothing to suggest that other than the fact that late at night, while in bed, Paul Pelosi was wearing his underwear. Really, nothing else there. It was like one of those psychological tests. I'll show you a picture and you tell me a story about what is happening. "Umm, it looks like two men were in bed together and had an argument and they were fighting over a hammer to attack the other with." Which, of course, tells us more about the storyteller than anything else.

And even last weekend - long, long after the time that it became obvious that we were dealing with a highly mentally disturbed attacker who broke into the home - I see that Trump's latest rally including some kind of joke about Paul Pelosi suggesting the same thing. "And Paul Pelosi, what's up with that?" (Haha). The old dog needs a few new tricks.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But the Paul Pelosi "conspiracy" thing - the idea that his attacker was in the home for some kind of consensual sexual tryst - was a whole new form of conspiracy theory. There was nothing to suggest that other than the fact that late at night, while in bed, Paul Pelosi was wearing his underwear. Really, nothing else there. It was like one of those psychological tests. I'll show you a picture and you tell me a story about what is happening. "Umm, it looks like two men were in bed together and had an argument and they were fighting over a hammer to attack the other with." Which, of course, tells us more about the storyteller than anything else.

And even last weekend - long, long after the time that it became obvious that we were dealing with a highly mentally disturbed attacker who broke into the home - I see that Trump's latest rally including some kind of joke about Paul Pelosi suggesting the same thing. "And Paul Pelosi, what's up with that?" (Haha). The old dog needs a few new tricks.

that's the game anymore. small info, then speculate.

The police video without details made the speculation even worse.

Media loves it as it keeps people coming back.

and it's not like Beards in aren't a thing.

social media goes at Cory Booker and Rosario Dawson nonstop with the same speculative stories.  

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ah, the tried and trued "Sure, everybody does it but this is double-bad".  

I'll give you a different perspective--his wife is one of the most polarizing figures in the nation, involved in politics at the highest levels of our government, and people speculate.  The fact pattern that a vagabond would be able to break into the home of a person wealthy enough to afford a monthly subscription to ADP, engage the owner and have all this play out the way it did added fuel to the speculative fire. 

People love to  see powerful people fall, love to speculate and love a good whodunnit.   There's nothing remotely new here.  It would be odd if people didn't speculate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wrong thread.

(I know it isn't your point you just want to bump over 20 anti trump threads in an hour)

It's so BillStime.

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, ChiGoose said:

On 5/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, BillStime said:

Pelosi Attacker Sentencing Brings out the Loony Left

JAZZ SHAW

Now that David DePape has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for his bizarre 2022 hammer attack on Paul Pelosi at the former Speaker's home in San Francisco, the reaction from the public has been mixed at best. Nearly everyone seemed to agree that something needed to be done about that lunatic, but questions still remain about what exactly was going on inside the Pelosi house on the evening in question. Others correctly pointed out that the sentence DePape received was grossly disproportional to those received by other people who commit equally serious crimes or even worse.

That response seems to have severely triggered some on the left such as Hafiz Rashid at The New Republic, who claimed that the right is "losing its mind" over the sentencing. He claims that conservatives are framing DePape's arrest as a "conspiracy" and cites several examples of conservative commentators who are pointing out the unequal dispensement of justice in this case.

Ironically, rather than people "losing their minds," Libs of TikTok really hits the nail on the head. DePape seems to be a seriously messed up individual who could likely do with a thorough psychological evaluation, but he did attack and injure someone with a hammer.

But the judge in this case was also sending an obvious message to the rest of the country. You can attack shopowners, the police, or almost anyone else - particularly conservatives - and you'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist. But if you dare to raise a hand against one of the swamp-dwellers in Washington or anyone close to them, we're going to throw the hammer back at you with a vengeance. 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2024/05/19/pelosi-attacker-sentencing-brings-out-the-loony-left-n3788658

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, ChiGoose said:

Remember when a bunch of a-holes were making a big joke of this and insisting it was an affair gone wrong?

He's around Nancy's age (80 or so). Probably had those symptoms before the attack. I had some of those symptons before and after my stroke 10 years ago

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Loony Left

Bonnie has posted on this issue specially using “Paul Pelosi” 24 times - loony alright.

Meanwhile - look at this gem:

On 10/31/2022 at 11:30 AM, B-Man said:

On Pelosi: We're not falling for the "Right Wing Terrorist in the Tailpipe" joke

fbb43694-57a1-471b-832a-06d9fcace39c-860

Dear Mid-Term 2022 voter – this is a public service announcement. The rush to blame the Right for words = violence in the aftermath of the awful attack on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul is looking even more cynical than it usually is when they whip out the blame card, so please hold your judgment for a day or so. Events and reports from the scene are shifting rapidly. The possibility the cynical Democratic card is being played more as a distraction from the true situation, vice an accusation of fault, looks stronger every passing hour..

The whole thing is shaping up to be is tres strange, even for San Francisco. Let’s recap.

Friday morning word came that the pretty unthinkable had happened – an assailant had broken into the Pelosis’ San Francisco mansion and brutally assaulted the Speaker’s husband Paul. Immediate wishes for his good health and a swift recovery flowed from everyone – Paul Pelosi is not a young man, so it was even more concerning on that front. Details were few and sketchy at first.

San Francisco Police finally had a press conference and said they’d arrived answering a “welfare check” call. Initially, they muddied the water with their phraseology about officers finding “both men holding a hammer” and most listeners interpreted that as each man had a hammer. In fact, there was only one hammer, and they each had ahold of it. The suspect, identified as David DePape and wearing only underwear, wrested the hammer from Paul Pelosi and, in front of the officers, then proceeded to inflict grievous wounds on him, including a skull fracture that required immediate surgery (please heal quickly, dude) before officers could control the situation.

The Left went into overdrive. They are so cynical, and ruthlessly, calculatingly predictable. Any tragedy is an opportunity to score points and sound bites before the facts shut down the opening.

The Democratic media protection machine cranked into operation as well, deciding what nuggets of early information about the suspect might be too sensitive for the public to know. (Or too damaging to the Pelosis…? YMMV) The producer of one local station made that call post-press conference for a local reporter. The reporter asking for guidance before broadcasting was caught on a hot mic.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2022/10/30/on-pelosi-were-not-falling-for-the-right-wing-terrorist-in-the-tailpipe-joke-n506708