Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Now you’re an expert in window glazing too? Is there ANY subject that you don’t defer to anyone on? Sheeesh dude! 

I’m just deferring to your expertise. You said:

It’s REALLY REALLY hard to break through laminated glass. You’d have to beat on it repeatedly….and I mean repeatedly. 

So he beat it repeatedly.  He’s a nut case.  What’s so odd about a nut case in SF beating down a glass door? 

This is the stupidest argument.  Is there nothing you guys don’t turn into an us vs them?  🙄

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m just deferring to your expertise. You said:

It’s REALLY REALLY hard to break through laminated glass. You’d have to beat on it repeatedly….and I mean repeatedly. 

So he beat it repeatedly.  He’s a nut case.  What’s so odd about a nut case in SF beating down a glass door? 

This is the stupidest argument.  Is there nothing you guys don’t turn into an us vs them?  🙄

Chef….I’m simply explaining how laminate glass works…which you clearly don’t know. (I’m guessing it wasn’t covered in culinary school.) I’m not taking anyone’s side here. RELAX! 

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef….I’m simply explaining how laminate glass works…which you clearly don’t know. (I’m guessing it wasn’t covered in culinary school.) I’m not taking anyone’s side here. RELAX! 

In this case, it’s hard enough to figure out who opened the daggum door, let alone smashed through a window in the middle of night when the perpetually monitored home was not monitored! 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In this case, it’s hard enough to figure out who opened the daggum door, let alone smashed through a window in the middle of night when the perpetually monitored home was not monitored! 

Yes, but the type of glass was in the police report, so it must be true. 😉

I'm really NOT taking a side here, nor do I have one, but if someone was trying to get through a pane of laminated glass with a hammer, the ENTIRE neighborhood would have been woken up...not just the house being 'monitored'. And more importantly there would NOT have been shards of glass on the floor either inside or outside the door.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Of course I don't know that's why I'm deferring to your expertise on glass doors and I'm just wondering why you thought it was odd.  What's odd about it?  

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course I don't know that's why I'm deferring to your expertise on glass doors and I'm just wondering why you thought it was odd.  What's odd about it?  

If you're ready to listen without assuming I'm pushing ANY sort of agenda....laminated glass is not thick glass. It's made from an inner layer of virtually unbreakable "plastic" sandwiched between two layers of float (plate) glass. This makes it similar to plywood, to use a wood analog. It also means that when struck with a hammer, it tends to bend, and definitely would not shatter on the floor.  The outer glass pane will break but tends to stay adhered to the plastic core. This plywood-like strength also means that you would have to strike it over and over again, very hard, to make a dent in it or bend it far enough to release it from the glazing stops (which are the trim that hold the window pane into the frame). In fact, you would probably pop the nails/screws out of the stops of what appears to be a wood paned patio door, before you would break a piece of laminated glass.

We specify laminated glass in prisons. It's not the same as tempered glass, which is what they use in your car windshield or by Code in your sliding patio door. Tempered glass breaks purposefully into pebbles so that you do not get cut by the shards if it happens to break when the door is slammed (or struck by a hammer).

I'm not saying ANYTHING about the incident, but based on the evidence, I highly doubt it was laminated glass.

Maybe more than you want to know....but there it is. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you're ready to listen without assuming I'm pushing ANY sort of agenda....laminated glass is not thick glass. It's made from an inner layer of virtually unbreakable "plastic" sandwiched between two layers of float (plate) glass. This makes it similar to plywood, to use a wood analog. It also means that when struck with a hammer, it tends to bend, and definitely would not shatter on the floor.  The outer glass pane will break but tends to stay adhered to the plastic core. This plywood-like strength also means that you would have to strike it over and over again, very hard, to make a dent in it or bend it far enough to release it from the glazing stops (which are the trim that hold the window pane into the frame). In fact, you would probably pop the nails/screws out of the stops of what appears to be a wood paned patio door, before you would break a piece of laminated glass.

We specify laminated glass in prisons. It's not the same as tempered glass, which is what they use in your car windshield or by Code in your sliding patio door. Tempered glass breaks purposefully into pebbles so that you do not get cut by the shards if it happens to break when the door is slammed (or struck by a hammer).

I'm not saying ANYTHING about the incident, but based on the evidence, I highly doubt it was laminated glass.

Well that’s just odd. 😁

Anyway the whole back and forth on this is pretty silly. Who cares what happened. As a conservative should I cheer if it comes to light the husband of the liberal Speaker of the House was schtupping some dude?  Hell yeah. I’d cheer him because at 82 years old he’s getting more than me and good for him. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well that’s just odd. 😁

Anyway the whole back and forth on this is pretty silly. Who cares what happened. As a conservative should I cheer if it comes to light the husband of the liberal Speaker of the House was schtupping some dude?  Hell yeah. I’d cheer him because at 82 years old he’s getting more than me and good for him. 

It may be odd, but it’s indeed a fact. By the way, if you go to your patio door (or any window paned door) you’ll find a little white text imprinted on the glass telling you that it’s tempered glass. It’s normally in the lower corner of the pane. It’s required by the Building Code. Tempered glass is custom made to fit and must be fired in an oven so that it shatters into little pebbles when struck. (Being a Chef….Thought you might like the oven reference.) 😁

Edited by SoCal Deek

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey @SoCal Deek, I value your opinion on this since it seems to be right up your alley. I don't know for certain if it was laminated glass, though the responding officers believed it was. Initial reports can be obviously be false as people are emotionally charged during the incident.

From what I can tell from the photos, there is broken glass both inside and outside the house but there is a large circle of glass that is shattered but still holding together. I'd honestly appreciate your thoughts on this.

Here are some different images I've found:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Hey @SoCal Deek, I value your opinion on this since it seems to be right up your alley. I don't know for certain if it was laminated glass, though the responding officers believed it was. Initial reports can be obviously be false as people are emotionally charged during the incident.

From what I can tell from the photos, there is broken glass both inside and outside the house but there is a large circle of glass that is shattered but still holding together. I'd honestly appreciate your thoughts on this.

Here are some different images I've found:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

See my secondary response above. I have no idea why they’d have laminated glass in a patio door. Remember this is not the same as dual pane insulated glass….which is what I think the officers might’ve been mistakenly referring to. 

57 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, but the type of glass was in the police report, so it must be true. 😉

I'm really NOT taking a side here, nor do I have one, but if someone was trying to get through a pane of laminated glass with a hammer, the ENTIRE neighborhood would have been woken up...not just the house being 'monitored'. And more importantly there would NOT have been shards of glass on the floor either inside or outside the door.

Interesting and valid points. Chef may be confusing breaking laminated glass with baking delicious sea bass.  

On 11/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, ChiGoose said:

Just because some people seem to think these are good points instead of what they are: terrible points, let’s take a look.

Paul Pelosi called 911 before he was assaulted? How suspicious!

You wake up at 2:30am to a stranger in the house, what do you do? Apparently call 911 is the wrong answer. Maybe just sit there and see where it goes?

Paul Pelosi answered the door while wrestling a hammer with the assailant?

Pelosi opened the door with one hand while keeping the other hand on the hammer the assailant was holding. This is suspicious because… reasons!

The broken glass is outside the house?!

The broken glass is both inside and outside of the house. Which is to be expected with someone trying to break laminated glass. 

Pelosi ran back to the intruder!

No he didn’t. He was in the foyer when the police arrived. He was wrestling the assailant for control of the hammer and was able to open the door with one arm. 

This embarrassing insanity of completely ludicrous and improbable conspiracy has already been debunked but I guess it’s always feelings over facts over here. 

2 different NBC reports disagree…because of body cam evidence…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

2 different NBC reports disagree…because of body cam evidence…

I encourage you to actually read the DoJ filings.

In the meantime, all of this is pretty consistent with an attack on the Pelosi house when Nancy was away and security was probably lighter than usual. We have officers saying either they opened the door or the door was opened. We have DePape himself stating that Pelosi opened the door with one arm while fighting him for the hammer with the other. We have consistent testimony that both Pelosi and DePape were in the foyer (so right by the door) and that when the police entered the picture, thety were wrestling over the hammer and then there was a brief conversation before Pelosi was attacked.

I'm just going to take a second to point out that I nailed the Sussman trial prediction just by looking at the filings, and I can tell you that it is incredibly unlikely that DePape was someone known to the Pelosi's (and definitely not in a romantic relationship with either of them). The facts of this case support the simplest explanation: he was a crazy person who wanted to hurt Nancy Pelosi.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...