Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that this trial played out as the facts presented instead of the right wing circle jerk of a secret affair based on absolutely nothing.

Will the MAGA crowd learn from this? I’d bet the farm against it. Learning isn’t exactly their thing. 

Why would you be shocked?  Speculating, discussing, jumping to conclusions is pretty much a human beings thing.  I’m actually surprised you’re surprised. 

Where’s your farm?  I thought you were a big city lawyer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Speculating, discussing, jumping to conclusions is pretty much a human beings thing.

But the Paul Pelosi "conspiracy" thing - the idea that his attacker was in the home for some kind of consensual sexual tryst - was a whole new form of conspiracy theory. There was nothing to suggest that other than the fact that late at night, while in bed, Paul Pelosi was wearing his underwear. Really, nothing else there. It was like one of those psychological tests. I'll show you a picture and you tell me a story about what is happening. "Umm, it looks like two men were in bed together and had an argument and they were fighting over a hammer to attack the other with." Which, of course, tells us more about the storyteller than anything else.

And even last weekend - long, long after the time that it became obvious that we were dealing with a highly mentally disturbed attacker who broke into the home - I see that Trump's latest rally including some kind of joke about Paul Pelosi suggesting the same thing. "And Paul Pelosi, what's up with that?" (Haha). The old dog needs a few new tricks.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But the Paul Pelosi "conspiracy" thing - the idea that his attacker was in the home for some kind of consensual sexual tryst - was a whole new form of conspiracy theory. There was nothing to suggest that other than the fact that late at night, while in bed, Paul Pelosi was wearing his underwear. Really, nothing else there. It was like one of those psychological tests. I'll show you a picture and you tell me a story about what is happening. "Umm, it looks like two men were in bed together and had an argument and they were fighting over a hammer to attack the other with." Which, of course, tells us more about the storyteller than anything else.

And even last weekend - long, long after the time that it became obvious that we were dealing with a highly mentally disturbed attacker who broke into the home - I see that Trump's latest rally including some kind of joke about Paul Pelosi suggesting the same thing. "And Paul Pelosi, what's up with that?" (Haha). The old dog needs a few new tricks.

that's the game anymore. small info, then speculate.

The police video without details made the speculation even worse.

Media loves it as it keeps people coming back.

and it's not like Beards in aren't a thing.

social media goes at Cory Booker and Rosario Dawson nonstop with the same speculative stories.  

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ah, the tried and trued "Sure, everybody does it but this is double-bad".  

I'll give you a different perspective--his wife is one of the most polarizing figures in the nation, involved in politics at the highest levels of our government, and people speculate.  The fact pattern that a vagabond would be able to break into the home of a person wealthy enough to afford a monthly subscription to ADP, engage the owner and have all this play out the way it did added fuel to the speculative fire. 

People love to  see powerful people fall, love to speculate and love a good whodunnit.   There's nothing remotely new here.  It would be odd if people didn't speculate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wrong thread.

(I know it isn't your point you just want to bump over 20 anti trump threads in an hour)

It's so BillStime.