Adding a RB

Stokes84

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Am I alone amongst Bills fans in not wanting 20+ rushing attempts by RBs when we have Josh F-ing Allen as QB?

Did you not watch the first half of the chiefs game?  We ran all over them because they were playing the pass.  Second half they made adjustments and Josh killed them through the air.  Being multidimensional is a must if you want to win championships.  

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Did you not watch the first half of the chiefs game?  We ran all over them because they were playing the pass.  Second half they made adjustments and Josh killed them through the air.  Being multidimensional is a must if you want to win championships.  

But the Bills did that with existing personnel. If they traded for a star RB they would have to “establish the run” by giving that back 25 carries. That’s how many the Colts, Titans and Browns have to give their “bell cows” to get even 100 yards per game from them.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

But the Bills did that with existing personnel. If they traded for a star RB they would have to “establish the run” by giving that back 25 carries. That’s how many the Colts, Titans and Browns have to give their “bell cows” to get even 100 yards per game from them.

Colts, Titans and Browns don’t have a good QB.  We don’t need a bell cow we need a quality back to share the load.  Right now we only have one RB worth giving the ball too.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Colts, Titans and Browns don’t have a good QB.  We don’t need a bell cow we need a quality back to share the load.  Right now we only have one RB worth giving the ball too.  

If our RB is gettin 20 carries or less then he really doesnt need to share the load with anyone.  You want to trade assets away for a guy to get like 5 carries?

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If our RB is gettin 20 carries or less then he really doesnt need to share the load with anyone.  You want to trade assets away for a guy to get like 5 carries?

Yes, a late pick for a running back to take some of the load off Motor and act as a buckup in case of injury.  If motor goes down, the running game will be SOL.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Put down the crack pipe mac

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nah, waste of pick, waste of roster space, waste of further cap.

You won’t be saying that if Motor

goes down.

it’s not a waste of a roster spot-  a trade for a RB signifies no belief in moss. He’d be cut.

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Yes, a late pick for a running back to take some of the load off Motor and act as a buckup in case of injury.  If motor goes down, the running game will be SOL.  

If motor went down it wouldn't affect the way the bills score 30 pts a game. I think despite his poor performance Moss can still redeem himself and do just enough to fill in along with Cook. Since motor and Moss are good pass blockers and pass catchers

Edited by motorj
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, motorj said:

If motor went down it wouldn't affect the way the bills score 30 pts a game. I think despite his poor performance Moss can still redeem himself and do just enough to fill in along with Cook. Since motor and Moss are good pass blockers and pass catchers

I’d rather not try and win a super bowl

with Zack Moss as our starting RB

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Put down the crack pipe mac

You won’t be saying that if Motor

goes down.

it’s not a waste of a roster spot-  a trade for a RB signifies no belief in moss. He’d be cut.

Yes I would be saying it if Motor went down.  Our problem is not the backs.  Its the oline.  Our backs are not much different than the rest of the league outside of the elite backs.  There are undrafted backs making solid runs.  It all starts up front.  Our line doesnt create that up front.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather not try and win a super bowl

with Zack Moss as our starting RB

Last years superbowl winning RB stat line for the game: Cam Akers 13 carries 21 yards 0 tds 1.6 ypc

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes I would be saying it if Motor went down.  Our problem is not the backs.  Its the oline.  Our backs are not much different than the rest of the league outside of the elite backs.  There are undrafted backs making solid runs.  It all starts up front.  Our line doesnt create that up front.

Last years superbowl winning RB stat line for the game: Cam Akers 13 carries 21 yards 0 tds 1.6 ypc

Running back isn’t (fixed) a problem with motor starting.  If Zack moss is the starter, ot could be a problem.  Maybe not…. But definitely could be. Our starting RB is going to be catching a good amount of passes come playoffs imo.   I hope cook can step up and be that guy, but I’m not sure he’s ready for as of week 7.  I don’t want that guy to be Moss.  

I’d rather have Antonio Gibson. He can do some work out there in the pass game and has breakaway speed. Plus one year left on his contract.  I pull the trigger for a 5th of Washington would.  He wouldn’t we a one year rental either 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Am I alone amongst Bills fans in not wanting 20+ rushing attempts by RBs when we have Josh F-ing Allen as QB?

you are not.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

So what’s the problem then? No one said don’t run it at all. Obviously take what the defense is giving you if they’re being that transparent about it.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Rbs catch passes and block too…and a guy with a little more burst can hit huge plays in the running/passing game much more frequently than singletary does. That’s really the exception I have with singletary…the running game is usually mostly small gains until you hit on a huge play and singletary just doesn’t have breakaway speed.  It could be a good investment even if this hypothetical new running back doesn’t get a ton of carries 

20 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Rbs catch passes and block too…and a guy with a little more burst can hit huge plays in the running/passing game much more frequently than singletary does. That’s really the exception I have with singletary…the running game is usually mostly small gains until you hit on a huge play and singletary just doesn’t have breakaway speed.  It could be a good investment even if this hypothetical new running back doesn’t get a ton of carries 

Singletary is tied for 10th in the league in yards after contact receiving for running backs.  Most of the ones above him arent that much better other than McCaffrey and Ekeler.  There isnt this huge difference that all you guys think there is.

Just to throw this out there too... Cook is 4th in the league in yards after contact per rushing attempt.

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Running back is a problem with motor starting.  If Zack moss is the starter, ot could be a problem.  Maybe not…. But definitely could be. Our starting RB is going to be catching a good amount of passes come playoffs imo.   I hope cook can step up and be that guy, but I’m not sure he’s ready for as of week 7.  I don’t want that guy to be Moss.  

I’d rather have Antonio Gibson. He can do some work out there in the pass game and has breakaway speed. Plus one year left on his contract.  I pull the trigger for a 5th of Washington would.  He wouldn’t we a one year rental either 

I mean, Im not against throwing a 5th out there. I just think this RB thing is overblown.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Montgomery is not the answer. He has a career 3.9 ypc and is often just not very good. I see that Motor's quite nice career 4.7 ypc has already been debated, and I agree that he's no Fred Taylor, but you still don't give his carries to a true sub 4.0 guy. He'll plod like Moss and probably won't even pass block as well. Chicago knows Khalil Herbert is better, and even Herbert is a late round, short, not super fast Bears type of purgatory player. The Bears are Losman era Bills right now, don't take any of them.

Too bad the Cowboys weren't floundering because what we really need is a guy like Tony Pollard if anything. An underused potential gamebreaker that above all can catch. Perhaps Cook can be that guy, but I wouldn't hate a vet that could show him those same ropes. Cook is kind of turning into a true X factor right now, we're almost relying on him to mix it up at some point

If we're dreaming give me D'Andre Swift with some Beane magic for cheap because it doesn't make a ton of sense to still be awful and hoard a skilled RB, but other than that I'm okay with our current squad. 

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Didn't Darrell Henderson play in that game too? Also throughout the broadcast the announcers kept saying although the backs aren't really gaining any yards, the Rams have to keep running to have that threat. 

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Singletary is tied for 10th in the league in yards after contact receiving for running backs.  Most of the ones above him arent that much better other than McCaffrey and Ekeler.  There isnt this huge difference that all you guys think there is.

Just to throw this out there too... Cook is 4th in the league in yards after contact per rushing attempt.

I mean, Im not against throwing a 5th out there. I just think this RB thing is overblown.

Zack moss starting in the super bowl is a big thing imo

• Agree 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, Stokes84 said:

I’ve gotta say, you guys suck at reading.

Maybe YOU suck at WRITING!?

I'm not convinced ANY of the names mentioned are better BACKUPS than Cook,Moss and Johnson,but,sure,let's just add another body to the PS or game day inactives.

Certainly wouldn't START any of them in place of Singletary. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.