2023 Concerts

T&C

On 3/17/2023 at 6:38 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m SO excited to see Counting Crows with my wife AGAIN on 7/5 at SPAC 😒😔

With Dashboard Confessional!!! Aka the soundtrack of emo middle school Levi. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/8/2023 at 11:51 AM, Logic said:

Snuck into the Springsteen and the E Street Band show the other night. Saw an unguarded "club level seating" door, slipped in. Then, waited 'til the ticket taker was busy intently helping another guy get his mobile ticket to show on his phone, and just slipped into the line and walked in. Was surprisingly easy. Once inside, found my way to a seat about 10 rows from the stage, behind it and to the side. Great view of all the action. 

My first time seeing Bruce. He was incredible, as was his band. 3 hours, 26 songs, no breaks. Played everything you'd want him to. I was positioned so that I had a particularly great view of Max Weinberg, who I watched for much of the show.

I basically had an out-of-body experience during "I'm on Fire". That song means a lot to me, and he hadn't played it all tour. That was the first one of the tour, and I didn't expect it. When he sang "sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull, and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my skull"....the goosebumps on my arms, man, oh man...that's what seeing live music is all about.

Right before the encore portion, I slipped down onto the floor level, about 20 rows from the stage, by simply looking at my phone and acting busy as I walked past security. Was down there for Thunder Road and Born to Run and Glory Days. 

Amazing show, amazing band, amazingly poor job by security 😄

!!!!!! WTAF. Logic you are my HERO LMAO snuck into the Springsteen show? Got to see it in the freakin floor seats for free..

I hate you so hard 😜.......but man Im giving that some serious PROPS. Save that money for a trip back to WNY ✔️

BOOM. hahahaaa m

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:38 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m SO excited to see Counting Crows with my wife AGAIN on 7/5 at SPAC 😒😔

I think my girlfriend wants to go to Guns n Roses at SPAC. 

Lawn seats are $102. 

• Shocked 1

The Cure makes TM give small refunds due to high service fees

Ticketmaster offers small refund, lower fees for Cure fans : NPR

One cure — or a treatment, at least — for high Ticketmaster fees turns out to be The Cure frontman Robert Smith, who said he was "sickened" by the charges and announced Thursday that Ticketmaster will offer partial refunds and lower fees for The Cure tickets moving forward.

"After further conversation, Ticketmaster have agreed with us that many of the fees being charged are unduly high," Smith tweeted. Smith said the company agreed to offer a $5-10 refund per ticket for verified fan accounts "as a gesture of goodwill."

My $60 ticket for Madison Square Garden had $20 in fees tacked on.  I saw one person posting their $19 ticket in Cleveland had a $22 fee. 

FWIW, any Yes fans out there, i just saw Rick Wakeman last wednesday as he opened his latest tour.  What an absolutely fun show.  Just him and a couple keyboards/pianos, he told jokes and stories between each song(never knew he was such a story teller).  played a solid 90 minutes and ranged from Yes songs, solo stuff, 2 new songs, couple Bowie tunes, Cat Stevens.  If he is coming anywhere near you and you are a Yes fan, i highly recommend seeing him

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The Cure makes TM give small refunds due to high service fees

Ticketmaster offers small refund, lower fees for Cure fans : NPR

My $60 ticket for Madison Square Garden had $20 in fees tacked on.  I saw one person posting their $19 ticket in Cleveland had a $22 fee. 

A $60 ticket for MSG?  Are your seats at the Sbarro across the street?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/19/2023 at 7:09 AM, muppy said:

!!!!!! WTAF. Logic you are my HERO LMAO snuck into the Springsteen show? Got to see it in the freakin floor seats for free..

I hate you so hard 😜.......but man Im giving that some serious PROPS. Save that money for a trip back to WNY ✔️

BOOM. hahahaaa m

I felt like I quite literally had nothing to lose. If they catch me, they throw me out. No harm, no foul.

I don't know what got into me. It was 20 minutes before showtime and I was sitting on my couch and I thought "nah...to hell with this. I'm gonna go see if I can make something happen". I didn't really even know what "make something happen" meant, but it all fell into place.

I generally consider myself a fairly morally upright person, and stealing is not something I make a habit of. Something tells me that Bruce and Ticketmaster will be okay, though.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I felt like I quite literally had nothing to lose. If they catch me, they throw me out. No harm, no foul.

I don't know what got into me. It was 20 minutes before showtime and I was sitting on my couch and I thought "nah...to hell with this. I'm gonna go see if I can make something happen". I didn't really even know what "make something happen" meant, but it all fell into place.

I generally consider myself a fairly morally upright person, and stealing is not something I make a habit of. Something tells me that Bruce and Ticketmaster will be okay, though.

I read your OP about going to the show and winging it was exactly like something I would have done in my younger days. Time plus opportunity equaled a BRILLIANT result and story. Risk vs reward ratio was in your favor as you aptly decided and what a GREAT story I LOVED it.

I attempted to see Black Sabbath once back in the day on the fly showed up without tickets and we came up Squat.  As my luck has it now a days if we want to go to a show it may likely be someone we know performing. Either n a grand scale like MGMT or smaller with local homey buddies of my son. Either way going to rock shows for free RULES.   Or if to show support for their music we pay for that reason.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

A $60 ticket for MSG?  Are your seats at the Sbarro across the street?

Bar stool seats, last row of one of the 200 sections 

Loreena McKennitt is going on tour, might go see her in Albany in October if @Gugny will be my date.

Performance - Loreena McKennitt

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

SPAC was my favorite venue, when it was run by the state. You could go to a ticket window, and ask for (Subscriber) 'Cancellations'. - Saw many GREAT shows there, between the '70's, and '90's.

You could always find a great seat for face value.

Nowadays, you are corralled around like cattle, and I paid $36 for two beers @ a James Taylor show.

I said 'that's it'. Never again..

Interestingly, Tanglewood, just over the Mass. line, does not have these issues, with treating customers like sh¡t.

I went to a couple SPAC shows last summer and got lawn seats. I’ve never been a fan of lawn seats, but these were more social events with friends and I wasn’t gonna pay indoor seating prices. 

Im only 52 and I remember when lawn seats were a standard $9 for all shows. Man, are those days gone. 

I’d actually like to see G-n-R, but spending $100 for a lawn seat just seems wrong. Very wrong. 

46 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

My wife and I are going to see Bryan Adams on June 13, @ Key Bank Arena.

Can’t believe no one has mentioned this one.  He puts on a great show and his voice is still the same.

He is a guy whose career definitely has had legs to be touring now when his hey dey was back in the 80's. I saw him at Red Rocks amphitheater with The Hooters in the early 80's somewhere. Id have to google the exact date.

When I saw him he was all blue jeans white t shirts and ray bans sunglasses,  later his style went to Rock Glam Gold lame pants with  slicked back hair.......who knows what style he is doing these days. I bet it will be a fun show with hopefully some other age groups representing than just baby boomers.

Edited by muppy

Once in a while we go to SPAC and sit outside the gates in the state park.  You can’t see the stage but the sound is good and you bring whatever stuff you want in a cooler (like Tanglewood) You’re also by the tour busses and once in a while the artists stop out and say hi.  $100+ for lawn seats is stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/21/2023 at 10:38 AM, Just Jack said:

Peter Gabriel, Friday Sept 22nd.  If there’s a Bills game that weekend, could be a fun, long, weekend. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00005E6FA5942FE5

Only saw him once... at Kleinhans in 1978... opening band was Echo and the Bunnymen. Had these cloaked people with red eyes walking up the aisles at one point. I don't think he's lost much, one of the timeless artists out there... enjoy enjoy.

1 hour ago, f0neguy said:

Once in a while we go to SPAC and sit outside the gates in the state park.  You can’t see the stage but the sound is good and you bring whatever stuff you want in a cooler (like Tanglewood) You’re also by the tour busses and once in a while the artists stop out and say hi.  $100+ for lawn seats is stupid.

we sat in the parking lot for a show in Mesa AZ I'll never forget it. It was STEEL PULSE and they were on full blast. We heard it great from the parking lot of the Mesa Amphitheater. GREAT venue. I wonder if it still exists.

edit: YEP it most certainly does! Mesa Amphitheatre - they host shows to this day. All kinds.

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.