Bills, Minny and Eagles all on bye, NFL lookin lame this week

Da webster guy

I anticipated planning something for our bye week over the summer and settled on flying to Fresno with my wife in order to go visit my nephew, who is a Senior Chief Petty Officer at NAS Lemoore.  We'll be drinking whiskey, grilling steaks, and playing some beer pong.  While in Fresno, instead of going to see the sequoias (did that last time we were there), we'll visit the Forestiere Underground Gardens, which is supposed to be very cool.

My fantasy team is looking really lame too.

I never pay attention to BYE weeks, as I always assume I can just grab a guy or 2 if necessary to fill those gaps. Not this time! 😅

Josh Allen

Stefon Diggs

AJ Brown

Dalvin Cook

Tyler Higbee

Dallas Goedert 

I had to pick up Taysom Hill & set him as a FLEX starter I'm so desperate, & I still have 2 slots to fill... I may just not even try, as I'm not cutting anyone else. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking forward to taking a break. If I take another Monday off, questions may arise.

But if I were a gambling man I'd be eyeballing that ATL-CIN game. Awful defenses and a ton of skill players. Chase and Burrow coming alive.

I feel like we're all locked in some horrible Denver purgatory, but I will have eyes on the Jets-Broncos game. God I hate the Broncos so much right now, worst team in the league. NFL and everybody that pitched Russ screwed up terribly in organizing the visibility of that god-awful team. Elway and his weird face and all the owner's children fighting, that team sucks so much.

DET-DAL? Who am I kidding, get outside this Sunday

21 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I never pay attention to BYE weeks, as I always assume I can just grab a guy or 2 if necessary to fill those gaps. Not this time! 😅

Josh Allen

Stefon Diggs

AJ Brown

Dalvin Cook

Tyler Higbee

Dallas Goedert 

I had to pick up Taysom Hill & set him as a FLEX starter I'm so desperate, & I still have 2 slots to fill... I may just not even try, as I'm not cutting anyone else. 

Could be worse still… I’m in a 14 person league with some friends, and half as a joke, one picked every single bills player and has been starting the bills each week. He’s been 5-1 so far, but that’s changing to 5-2 as he can’t field a team.

On 10/20/2022 at 1:39 PM, Da webster guy said:

With the exception of the Chiefs/Niners game, it's a tough break for pro football to have the other three exciting teams all off on the same week.   Minny has been fun to watch, and the Eagles/Bills round out the top, but it seems like there's a real void with Packers, Colts, Chargers, Tampa all very blah blah teams to watch.

I think the Bills are spoiling us, we get used to a high level of play and excitement and most of these prime time game this year have been crappy football.  League should try to build in the flex a little earlier in the season next year so I don't have to watch guys like Russel Wilson embarrass themselves any more.

Yeah... I watch most of these other games and think.... "These guys aren't even playing the same sport as the Bills."

22 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Josh Allen

Stefon Diggs

AJ Brown

Dalvin Cook

Tyler Higbee

Dallas Goedert 

I almost prefer it though. I'd rather bite the bullet and just take a loss one week, and have my full roster with my best players every single week, instead of having to swap out a position or two for a lesser player every week. Just eat one loss, then have a full strength team against the other players in the league that have players on rotating byes. It's actually probably an advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, Paup 1995MVP said:

So true about Russel Wilson Webster.  He looks like he has completely forgot how to play NFL QB.  Did you watch the MNF pregame this week?  He also comes off like a coockoo.  I am sure his Seahawk teammates were happy to see him go.  

As for this Sunday, the Falcons-Bengals game will be entertaining.  Falcons are playing much more inspired with Matt Ryan finally gone from Atlanta.  I think they will keep it close if not beat the Bengals straight up.  As for the Chargers, they are overrated.  Justin Herbert is turning into a taller Trent Edwards.  And Keenan Allen is always injured.  Where are the gunslingers?  These QB's have big time arms, and a lot of them just dink and dunk.  Between watching Wentz Fields Wilson Ryan, Cousins, Brissett, Bridgewater, etc it just makes you more and more appreciative to have the ultimate gunslinger Josh Allen.  

Overall, need I dare say that the NFL is becoming a defensive league again.  Look at the scores of a lot of games, and most are going under.  The college game on the whole is so much more entertaining.  EXCEPT for our Buffalo Bills!!

Living out west, I have a number of friends, family and acquaintances that are fans of other teams like the Niners, Rams, Raiders and several of them have recently commented to me that “your team is fun to watch”.

Regarding the NFL as a whole, the two Thursday night games prior to yesterday were, unfortunately, not outliers.  There have been a lot of bad NFL games this year.  I’m an avid NFL fan, so even when the Bills aren’t playing on Sunday, I like to watch a couple games.  Games with teams I used to enjoy watching like Green Bay, the Chargers, Rams, Raiders, even Dallas, are ugly to watch.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, BobbyC81 said:

Living out west, I have a number of friends, family and acquaintances that are fans of other teams like the Niners, Rams, Raiders and several of them have recently commented to me that “your team is fun to watch”.

Regarding the NFL as a whole, the two Thursday night games prior to yesterday were, unfortunately, not outliers.  There have been a lot of bad NFL games this year.  I’m an avid NFL fan, so even when the Bills aren’t playing on Sunday, I like to watch a couple games.  Games with teams I used to enjoy watching like Green Bay, the Chargers, Rams, Raiders, even Dallas, are ugly to watch.

Very true BobbyC81.  And what a great WR he was back in the day for the Bills and Raiders.  I bet the Cowboys yesterday.  And even though they covered easily at the end 24-6, the game was 10-6 well into the 4th qtr.  I was driving to the airport and talking to my son who was watching the game.  And he said Dak Prescott looked awful.  

And just seeing Aaron Rodgers looking so depressed on the sidelines every week is an ugly site.  And it certainly won't get better for him this Sunday nite. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.