Steven Jackson: Legends - ex-Bill LB Darryl Talley (video series)

Big Turk

Great series former Rams RB and all-time leading rusher Steven Jackson has been putting together about players who have not gotten their due in terms of where they are thought of historically.

In this one, he looks at ex-Bills LB Darryl Talley:

Jim Kelly said Talley was the most underrated teammate by far, helped make Bruce Smith into what he was and should be in the HOF. 

Dan Marino said Talley was one of the toughest players he ever had to play against.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

• Big Turk changed the title to Steven Jackson: Legends - ex-Bill LB Darryl Talley (video series)
13 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

My favorite Talley play was his pick 6 in the 51-3 game, one of the most exciting moments in Bills history.

I always find it hilarious looking at players from that era with those giant shoulder pads...I mean WR Tim Brown looks like a freaking TE

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

The OG Spiderman! Darryl was the heart and soul of that 90s team...and a damn good player. His motor was never in idle...it was pedal to the metal all the time. He was so much fun to watch and I think he struck as much fear in the opponents as Bruce did, because you knew he was going to hit you as hard as he could, every play, all day long. Guy was a beast!

Edited by folz

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I always find it hilarious looking at players from that era with those giant shoulder pads...I mean WR Tim Brown looks like a freaking TE

I like the big pads.  I cannot believe how little padding the players today wear.  Especially the knee, thigh, and hip pads.  Some players do not seem to use them at all.  Crazy.  

9 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Excellent piece. 

Talley was a great player no doubt.  He was the kind of player the other team hated to play against.  Relentless.  He came up big time and time again. 

All of that, and he was the ultimate team guy and teammate, too.

Can you imagine him NOT having your back in a fight?!  

It would be impossible!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

All of that, and he was the ultimate team guy and teammate, too.

Can you imagine him NOT having your back in a fight?!  

It would be impossible!

Nope, but after he got done helping you kick their asses he might kick yours if he didn't like the reason why you got in a fight in the first place and dragged him into it hahaha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.