Covid Protocols 2023

https://www.semafor.com/article/01/19/2023/in-new-memoir-mike-pompeo-says-trump-told-him-to-shut-the-hell-up-about-china

Tibs, we should allow our barbarian side out more often.

According to Pompeo, who listened in to the call, Xi told Trump that his cabinet member was jeopardizing the “phase one” trade deal that the principals had just agreed to. Pompeo believed that Xi was trying to get Trump to fire him — “My Mike, that ***** guy hates you!” the president said after the call — and a few days later, in the Oval Office, Trump told Pompeo that he was “putting us all at risk” by angering Xi, in part because the United States still needed protective health equipment from China.

Edited by redtail hawk

56 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.semafor.com/article/01/19/2023/in-new-memoir-mike-pompeo-says-trump-told-him-to-shut-the-hell-up-about-china

Tibs, we should allow our barbarian side out more often.

According to Pompeo, who listened in to the call, Xi told Trump that his cabinet member was jeopardizing the “phase one” trade deal that the principals had just agreed to. Pompeo believed that Xi was trying to get Trump to fire him — “My Mike, that ***** guy hates you!” the president said after the call — and a few days later, in the Oval Office, Trump told Pompeo that he was “putting us all at risk” by angering Xi, in part because the United States still needed protective health equipment from China.

I read that three times and still haven’t a clue what point is being made. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I read that three times and still haven’t a clue what point is being made. 

i figured that since the authors explained it, that i didn't need to.  Wrong.

It's about trump's duplicity re China especially in ref to Covid.

"Trump, who said today that he would ban Chinese nationals from buying American farmland or energy companies, has criticized Xi and the CCP repeatedly since leaving office. He spent much of his term in a trade war with China, culminating in the “phase one” agreement, which expired thirteen months ago, and has accused President Joe Biden of being personally compromised by Chinese money, signaling how he’d use the issue in a 2024 campaign.

Pompeo’s story goes after Trump’s credibility on that issue, reminding readers that the former president favored a friendlier approach to Xi than he did. He even quotes a Jan. 2020 tweet that Democrats have thrown back at Trump, thanking China for its effort to “contain the coronavirus” and ending with “on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I was not happy that the president had tweeted that,” Pompeo writes."

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i figured that since the authors explained it, that i didn't need to.  Wrong.

It's about trump's duplicity re China especially in ref to Covid.

"Trump, who said today that he would ban Chinese nationals from buying American farmland or energy companies, has criticized Xi and the CCP repeatedly since leaving office. He spent much of his term in a trade war with China, culminating in the “phase one” agreement, which expired thirteen months ago, and has accused President Joe Biden of being personally compromised by Chinese money, signaling how he’d use the issue in a 2024 campaign.

Pompeo’s story goes after Trump’s credibility on that issue, reminding readers that the former president favored a friendlier approach to Xi than he did. He even quotes a Jan. 2020 tweet that Democrats have thrown back at Trump, thanking China for its effort to “contain the coronavirus” and ending with “on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I was not happy that the president had tweeted that,” Pompeo writes."

This is what ‘you guys’ have simply never understood about Trump. His negotiation style is to verbally butter up his adversaries while playing hardball with them on the actual terms. Not sure why you don’t get it. Now, I’m not saying it works every time, but it’s clearly his style. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is what ‘you guys’ have simply never understood about Trump. His negotiation style is to verbally butter up his adversaries while playing hardball with them on the actual terms. Not sure why you don’t get it. Now, I’m not saying it works every time, but it’s clearly his style. 

umm, we get it and we hate that a guy whose been bankrupt multiple times was gambling with our lives and never, ever want to see it happen again.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gambled with your life? Oh come on!

search trump covid mishandling.  Many, many pieces summarizing his failures and their costs.  here's a random one from thee top off the list (early in the pandemic):  https://www.americanprogress.org/article/5-ways-trump-administrations-policy-failures-compounded-coronavirus-induced-economic-crisis/

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

search trump covid mishandling.  Many, many pieces summarizing his failures and their costs.  here's a random one from thee top off the list (early in the pandemic):  https://www.americanprogress.org/article/5-ways-trump-administrations-policy-failures-compounded-coronavirus-induced-economic-crisis/

Sheessh…..you really need a hobby. This kind of nonsense isn’t good for you. 

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

They are clueless people with no hope for understanding how life works.

Trump was/is a total Jack-rabbit but his actions/policies were infinitely better for all of us, as these clowns (and all of us) will unfortunately soon find out.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

They are clueless people with no hope for understanding how life works.

Trump was/is a total Jack-rabbit but his actions/policies were infinitely better for all of us, as these clowns (and all of us) will unfortunately soon find out.

How life works...a best seller for sure.  Can't wait for your publication (and the author bio)

Edited by redtail hawk