Titans/City Agree on New DOMED Stadium

Protocal69

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Maybe you'd be happier with a soccer team. Domes make football trash. You're also completely wrong about the funding, but I guess that's on trend.

So please explain what trend I am on about being wrong. Or do you just talk out of your ass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/28/nyregion/buffalo-bills-stadium-deal.html

Oh and save me that 300 million that the Pegulas as contributing since they get that right back by Selling PSL licenses

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Personally, I think the way the new stadium is designed is going to shut down all the "I wish it was a dome!" talk once and for all.

Assuming it's somewhat like the Seahawks' stadium, and given the 90 degree rotation of the new stadium's orientation...it's going to be the best of both worlds: Football outside, in the elements, as God intended...AND some legitimate protection from the wind, rain, and other elements.

I really think Bills fans will be pleased.

Actually, I take that back. Some people are NEVER pleased. What was I thinking?

See This is what I don’t get.  They doing everything they can to reduce the impact of weather.  We are going to confuse the wind, coverings to protect the fans from rain, heaters to lessen the impact of the cold - yet people are arguing that well Josh can throw the ball and cut through the wind - well that is gone.

The players in Buffalo get to practice in the cold - but the majority of our team is from the south and other warm weather climates and do not like the cold - hence why the majority of practices are inside.

There is little to no advantage to having an open air stadium and the fact that they have to try and add amenities to warm the fans and give them inside protection mean they know based upon history that late in the season and the playoffs - there is a time of difficulty to sell out those games.

Instead of doing all of that to try and block and change things - make it a significantly better experience with a Minnesota style stadium.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

23 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34816198/titans-nashville-reach-deal-domed-22b-stadium

Cost: 2.2 Billion

I really wish we were getting a domed stadium instead of an open stadium

Remember Bills new stadium will cost 1.4 Billion - All Tax payer funded in comparison

34 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

So please explain what trend I am on about being wrong. Or do you just talk out of your ass.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/28/nyregion/buffalo-bills-stadium-deal.html

Oh and save me that 300 million that the Pegulas as contributing since they get that right back by Selling PSL licenses

If you're going to cop an attitude slick, you should probably read the actual source you posted. It's less than a tweet in length, but apparently that was asking too much.

You claimed that the Bills stadium is "All taxpayer funded" which is not correct. $850M of it is. .

Edited by BullBuchanan

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

See This is what I don’t get.  They doing everything they can to reduce the impact of weather.  We are going to confuse the wind, coverings to protect the fans from rain, heaters to lessen the impact of the cold - yet people are arguing that well Josh can throw the ball and cut through the wind - well that is gone.

The players in Buffalo get to practice in the cold - but the majority of our team is from the south and other warm weather climates and do not like the cold - hence why the majority of practices are inside.

There is little to no advantage to having an open air stadium and the fact that they have to try and add amenities to warm the fans and give them inside protection mean they know based upon history that late in the season and the playoffs - there is a time of difficulty to sell out those games.

Instead of doing all of that to try and block and change things - make it a significantly better experience with a Minnesota style stadium.

All about the co$t. Pegula’s are cheap! 

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s a part of football…. And Buffalo WAS NEVER building a dome

Its not the dna of the city of Buffalo 

how is this “not in the DNA” of the city?   A dome is  smarter, from a fan prospective, FA prespective, using our greatest how. field advantage (loud fans, not snow and wind), and the ability to hold other events. 

34 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Might as well just move the team to Orlando and rebrand them with a Disney partnership.

Football is gladiatorial chess and it's designed to be played in the elements. If it's too cold, snowy, windy, rainy, to go to a game, maybe those folks should just stay home. There are only 10 domes in the NFL and 7 of them are in the south. The rest of them are a pretty sorry lot in the Lions, Vikings and Colts that i wouldn't want to be compared to.

I'm glad the softies lost and this is finally over for at least 20 years.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

That’s a valid point, but there are a lot of other bad weather stadiums that are not enclosed that are able to attract top end free agents. I think a better designed stadium that can cut down on the impact of the elements can go a long way… how many players were anti New England, Green Bay, Pittsburg, etc. just because they were cold weather outside.

Pittsburgh and NE are sig warmer.  

If ours is going to be Tax payer funded at all,(which is obviously it is), it should be a dome, and not even up for debate.  And one that can host a Super Bowl, everything else is a giant waste of money and resources. Atleast with a domed stadium there is potential for college bowl games, maybe a final four, more major concerts and events year round.  The people and businesses in the area should get every chance to see increased revenue since this is largely publicly funded, so build something that can be used comfortably 365 days a year in the north east. Anything else is a disservice to the community.  Take extra tax payer money and make something truly useful for other purposes not related to the Buffalo Bills, rather than drain such a huge chunk of tax payer dollars strictly so millionaires can play games for their billionaire owner at our expense… Terry wants it outdoor, let Terry build the damn thing.  I love this team, but I am so sick of the ultra wealthy lording over us.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Might as well just move the team to Orlando and rebrand them with a Disney partnership.

Football is gladiatorial chess and it's designed to be played in the elements. If it's too cold, snowy, windy, rainy, to go to a game, maybe those folks should just stay home. There are only 10 domes in the NFL and 7 of them are in the south. The rest of them are a pretty sorry lot in the Lions, Vikings and Colts that i wouldn't want to be compared to.

the difference is not the weather its the fans.  Amplify the sound of Bills fans in a dome and it’s a tremendous value.  

Also, Indy has won a SB, we haven’t.  New Orleans, same.  

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yep that is why 7 of the last 9 stadiums have been covered and the Titans and Bears are looking at covered stadiums.

You are going the wrong way on history.  As newer stadiums are built they are all going toward coverings and places like MetLife in NYC regret not having the covering because it costs them a ton in potential SB and CFL playoff games.

The biggest issue is the huge money being spent that will have to be spen again in a shorter time period because the weather will impact this stadium and cause us to have to remodel and upgrade sooner.

23 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34816198/titans-nashville-reach-deal-domed-22b-stadium

Cost: 2.2 Billion

I really wish we were getting a domed stadium instead of an open stadium

Remember Bills new stadium will cost 1.4 Billion - All Tax payer funded in comparison

Too bad we can’t design a stadium where opposing team is sitting in freezing temps and heavy winds while we enjoy nice weather and temps on our sidelines.   The NFL has to address the Miami issue and rules this is a major player safety issue.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

If ours is going to be Tax payer funded at all,(which is obviously it is), it should be a dome, and not even up for debate.  And one that can host a Super Bowl, everything else is a giant waste of money and resources. Atleast with a domed stadium there is potential for college bowl games, maybe a final four, more major concerts and events year round.  The people and businesses in the area should get every chance to see increased revenue since this is largely publicly funded, so build something that can be used comfortably 365 days a year in the north east. Anything else is a disservice to the community.  Take extra tax payer money and make something truly useful for other purposes not related to the Buffalo Bills, rather than drain such a huge chunk of tax payer dollars strictly so millionaires can play games for their billionaire owner at our expense… Terry wants it outdoor, let Terry build the damn thing.  I love this team, but I am so sick of the ultra wealthy lording over us.

not sure this js the ultra wealthy “lording over us”, but I agree, a Dome likely provides a better ROI.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure this js the ultra wealthy “lording over us”, but I agree, a Dome likely provides a better ROI.  

The ROImof a dome in Nashville is likely highest in league. Nashville is a party destination can see many concerts and events at the new dome .  Dome in Buffalo would have challenges to attract. 

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You have 10 of 32 with 7 built since 2006 and of the remaining  open air stadiums - 3 are being replaced or proposed with Tennessee and Chicago going towards domes and Buffalo bucking the trend and staying open air.

You also have both Washington and Baltimore looking for new stadiums and both want Covered facilities to bring in Superbowls and other upgrades.

It will not be long before it is 50/50 with covered stadiums and as we (in Buffalo) are going the wrong way - we will miss out on things like hosting the draft and the combine and other potential off season events that other sites with enclosed stadiums will get, but rest assured you get to experience NFL in the elements for our 8-11 games and hope that the weather doesn’t cost us a crucial game or even worse - force us to play in Detroit again because of snow.

Enjoy being tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Its strange to think about what a game day experience with a dome in Buffalo would be like factoring the tailgating situation in the bad weather. Dressing to be outside in the elements for a few hours with many layers and waterproofing then having to figure out how to go into a climate controlled building and be comfortable. I would normally wear thermals under sweat pants under snowboarding pants in the winter. That would be hard to just delayer while heading into the building. 

Detroit, Minnesota, and Indianapolis are the only northern cities that have a dome. Don't think any of them have a big tailgating atmosphere. It would be interesting to see if a dome came to Buffalo if the tailgating would adapt or die off. 

10 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You also have both Washington and Baltimore looking for new stadiums and both want Covered facilities to bring in Superbowls and other upgrades.

The Browns are also debating between doing renovations or building a new stadium with a dome, depending on which article you read.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have a couple questions:

1) Why do people think Buffalo would get a Super Bowl with a domed stadium?

2) Why do they care about a single event so much? Especially if it’s a game they will watch from home anyway due to the cost/availability of seats. (Other stuff that might be attracted have some appeal, I get that.)

Buffalo is a great place and it doesn’t take a SB to confirm that to me. There is no inferiority complex for me. This is not a pro-dome or anti-dome comment. I just don’t see why hosting a SB is so important. Detroit and Minneapolis had one forever ago. Who cares? I’d MUCH rather WIN one than HOST one! 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yep that is why 7 of the last 9 stadiums have been covered and the Titans and Bears are looking at covered stadiums.

You are going the wrong way on history.  As newer stadiums are built they are all going toward coverings and places like MetLife in NYC regret not having the covering because it costs them a ton in potential SB and CFL playoff games.

The biggest issue is the huge money being spent that will have to be spen again in a shorter time period because the weather will impact this stadium and cause us to have to remodel and upgrade sooner.

Well, you can air your grievances in 30 years when the new lease is up. Until then, you'll just have to suck it up.

34 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, you can air your grievances in 30 years when the new lease is up. Until then, you'll just have to suck it up.

Or I can expect in 20 years we are going through this same discussion like Nashville, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Washington - all who have stadiums that are still within the useful life and all are looking to rebuild into covered stadiums.

My guess is this costs more money for a shorter time and becomes a bigger issue before the lease is up.

Get it right should be the motto, but nope some Neanderthals think this a gladiatorial contest to be played outdoors when the reality is changing toward a more controlled environment across the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Or I can expect in 20 years we are going through this same discussion like Nashville, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Washington - all who have stadiums that are still within the useful life and all are looking to rebuild into covered stadiums.

My guess is this costs more money for a shorter time and becomes a bigger issue before the lease is up.

Get it right should be the motto, but nope some Neanderthals think this a gladiatorial contest to be played outdoors when the reality is changing toward a more controlled environment across the league.

Our lease is 30 years. I imagine the penalties for breaking it won't be light.

I'd honestly rather the team move than play in a domed stadium. You can't say you're the "Bills Mafia" where jumping through tables is your calling card, or the tailgate capital of the NFL where the star attraction gets showered with mustard and ketchup, or where your star QB is known as a guy that would sooner run through you (or over you) than around, and then turn around and mosey on in to your 71 degree climate controlled office building to watch a game. maybe you can grab dinner, a movie and a massage while you're there?

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you're going to cop an attitude slick, you should probably read the actual source you posted. It's less than a tweet in length, but apparently that was asking too much.

You claimed that the Bills stadium is "All taxpayer funded" which is not correct. $850M of it is. .

And like I said the other 300million will be paid for via PSL licenses. Who pays for those at the end of the day. Ill wait

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

And like I said the other 300million will be paid for via PSL licenses. Who pays for those at the end of the day. Ill wait

$300M would require an average PSL of $5k. That's not happening.

Look, you won't find a bigger enemy of billionaires than me and I fully support banning public funding for any infrastructure work associated with a corporation's office buildings, but until someone does, it's a monopoly and the only choice is to pay or lose. NY chose to save the only thing in NYS that means anything, and I'm glad they did.

Long term, I hope the practice is federally banned, but it won't be.

• Like (+1) 1

The entire reason that Nashville is going for a dome is because Nashville is a IT city right now i live just north of there the economy is booming the tax structure is such that the state is drawing a ton of business which means a S**T ton of people are moving there the city is building high rises like crazy & the housing market is stupid busy building every where .

So they have hosted the NHL All Star game, they have hosted the NFL draft, they have brought Nascar back to the circuit at the Nashville speed way, they now have a soccer team "WOO HOO" but the next big thing they want is to host a super bowl & the only way they will be able to guarantee that is with a dome !

There is a awful lot to do & see in Nashville it is a great city definitely going through some growing pains but i think they will get through that & they have the infrastructure such as hotels & restaurants to support a super bowl it's just a matter of time before they have one because they have proven they can handle it ... 

I think in part a reason why Buffalo wouldn't go for a dome is because most of the tax structure is focused on the NYC to keep it a float which is a huge part of why it took Buffalo so long to get a new stadium !

The city meaning NYC has sucked up money for the Yankees new home, the Mets new stadium, the Brooklyn Nets new arena, & i would think some amount of NY taxes went to help build the new stadium for the Giants & Jets which left the Bills sucking hind T*T once again .

The Bills needed this kind of team to ensure a new home I feel if they hadn't been winning the way they have been the new stadium would not be coming & there may have been more talk of them moving because of that fact but thank god the Pegs hird who they did when they did to keep the Bills here & make NYS look west with some of the funding for the teams future .

Plus the city of Buffalo i don't think (i could be wrong) has the amount of infrastructure as far as hotels & restaurants to support a super bowl if they did build a dome . 

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.