Was it Allen or Daboll?

Charles Romes

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

No worries Alpha I knew what you meant.

I just hate that on a must convert 3rd and 2 we take away all our weapons on the team and Allens legs and ability to improvise.  

And I will slightly disagree about Diggs being our best playmaker...our best playmaker on the team is really Allen.  Fade takes him completely out of the equation for a 50/50 ball where our not very tall WR was blanketed.

Overall...he was a great OC for us, and grateful for his time here.  But I just didn't like some of his decisions like this on key plays.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is going to be an interesting debate for the forseeable future, but right now Daboll has taken a Giants team and roster that every thought was a bottom 5 one in the NFL and has them at 6-1.

Whether they sustain this remains to be seen but he's clearly the coach of the year frontrunner right now and has made Daniel Jones look more than serviceable with limited weapons around him other than Barkley. That defense has been pretty good as well.

At this point though I think you can just remove JA17 from the equation because even without Daboll he might be even better now and don't believe that's because of Dorsey.

I think it was the classic mutually beneficial relationship. Josh was an athletically gifted, coachable QB prospect and Dabol was an NFL and college assistant, who needed to make a big splash with an explosive offense ,spearheaded by a raw, inaccurate QB prospect. Both became unlikely stars with a relationship that showcased each other’s talents and Josh’s metamorphosis as an accurate passer and incredible leader.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.