Finding an alternative to Case Keenum

Einstein

Why are you the way that you are?

Yeesh. I feel like OP the type that'd watch this Bills team win the Super Bowl and jump on the board to say, "OK, cool win and all BUT...my concern is with the punt return team because they did all fair catches today. Is anyone else worried?! I really think Beane needs to trade a bunch of picks for some real special teams players!"

I mean....you realize the fans on this forum are aware of the teams shortcomings, right? And if they weren't aware, well, I guess we've got you to remind us. 

As many others have mentioned, Keenum has played in garbage time with backups. Things would likely be different if he was working behind the starting OL and had the full cast of skill players at his disposal. 

*old man mumbling* ...win the game by 35 GD points and we're talking about the frigging number two QB, this is just...why I oughta...I oughta see what's in the fridge ...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I guess people don’t like this topic. I thought it was interesting topic.

Just ignore the thread and it’ll be pushed down the list of threads.

It’s a good topic. Even though it was garbage time he couldn’t complete simple passes to wide open receivers. You would like to see some consistency continuity there, he certainly didn’t show any.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Why are you the way that you are?

Yeesh. I feel like OP the type that'd watch this Bills team win the Super Bowl and jump on the board to say, "OK, cool win and all BUT...my concern is with the punt return team because they did all fair catches today. Is anyone else worried?! I really think Beane needs to trade a bunch of picks for some real special teams players!"

I mean....you realize the fans on this forum are aware of the teams shortcomings, right? And if they weren't aware, well, I guess we've got you to remind us. 

As many others have mentioned, Keenum has played in garbage time with backups. Things would likely be different if he was working behind the starting OL and had the full cast of skill players at his disposal. 

*old man mumbling* ...win the game by 35 GD points and we're talking about the frigging number two QB, this is just...why I oughta...I oughta see what's in the fridge ...

This is an open forum and there is nothing wrong with presenting or discussing a topic. Enjoying a win while discussing a separate issue is perfectly acceptable. Do you know of  a specific rule that says only happy thoughts should be discussed for 48 hours after a victory? You are always allowed to skip over topics that you are not interested in. But expecting a backup to be able to complete a basic pass to a wide open receiver is not an unreasonable expectation. Nothing wrong with the op’s concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

It’s a good topic. Even though it was garbage time he couldn’t complete simple passes to wide open receivers. You would like to see some consistency continuity there, he certainly didn’t show any.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why do you insist on going with Einstein as your handle? I have never once read something you wrote and thought of it being genius level …stop dirtying the actual Einstein’s name!!!

Should I let him borrow mine?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Great win by the Bills! Seeing Keenum again brought about some reminders of his play.

This is the second blowout where Josh Allen moved the offense at will, then Keenum comes in and looks totally lost. Can barely get a first down. Doesn’t score at all.

Here are the Keenum led drives:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

Barkley at least could move the offense a little bit after coming in from 2018 to 2020. Even won a game starting. No, he wasn’t great - i’m not making that argument.

Here is my question: Does anyone have confidence that Keenum can win a game if he ever needed to? 

Geezus Christ…do you try and start a negative thread every week?   You got some quota to meet?  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

This is an open forum and there is nothing wrong with presenting or discussing a topic. Enjoying a win while discussing a separate issue is perfectly acceptable. Do you know of  a specific rule that says only happy thoughts should be discussed for 48 hours after a victory? You are always allowed to skip over topics that you are not interested in. But expecting a backup to be able to complete a basic pass to a wide open receiver is not an unreasonable expectation. Nothing wrong with the op’s concern.

Meatloaf, you are absolutely correct in you’re comments, but he’s also allowed to be teased for a silly comment on a team that just beat a team that hasn’t had a losing season in 15 years as he doesn’t Ppear to understand the NFL.  This was garbage time with backups and the only goal was to no turn it over and chip away at clock.

Hey if you think he was directed to win the game when up by 35, that’s a bit silly.  When I played and coached, I wasn’t trying to humiliate our opponent.  Once I knew we were safe, you just don’t make mistakes, let the backups get some reps and that team as well as theBills were just trying to get to the bus.  

He wants to find a flaw on a 35 pt. Win, have at it.  It speaks to not knowing how to play or coach, or even analyze football.  He’s more than welcome to as well as you or anyone else to make silly comments.  I just think he kind of shows a lack of knowledge of the game.  You’re right though, it’s his right to make whatever comment he wants and we can choose whether to respond,  you are 100% right.   I’m hopeful he just doesn’t know football and didn’t know that was Keenum directive from the moment he stepped on the field.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Meatloaf, you are absolutely correct in you’re comments, but he’s also allowed to be teased for a silly comment on a team that just beat a team that hasn’t had a losing season in 15 years as he doesn’t Ppear to understand the NFL.  This was garbage time with backups and the only goal was to no turn it over and chip away at clock.

Hey if you think he was directed to win the game when up by 35, that’s a bit silly.  When I played and coached, I wasn’t trying to humiliate our opponent.  Once I knew we were safe, you just don’t make mistakes, let the backups get some reps and that team as well as theBills were just trying to get to the bus.  

He wants to find a flaw on a 35 pt. Win, have at it.  It speaks to not knowing how to play or coach, or even analyze football.  He’s more than welcome to as well as you or anyone else to make silly comments.  I just think he kind of shows a lack of knowledge of the game.  You’re right though, it’s his right to make whatever comment he wants and we can choose whether to respond,  you are 100% right.   I’m hopeful he just doesn’t know football and didn’t know that was Keenum directive from the moment he stepped on the field.

I agree whole heartedly. But would have liked to see Keenum while under no pressure to do so, complete a basic pass to a wide open receiver while under little to no pressure. So I dont mind the discussion. This team has seen so many injuries this season, and so many have stepped up. You would like to know that the back up can execute a basic offense when called upon, whether for a series or a whole game. I do realize the OP does start a lot of topics and some can be considered in poor taste or not quality topics, but we are here for discussion, and discussion here doesn’t always have to be complimentary.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Who is your backup QB (with some sort of cost control) that you think the Bills should pursue next year?

I don’t know if he would be open to it, but I would LOVE to convince Fitzpatrick to come out of retirement and be the back up.

Fitz could legitimately keep a season alive in the case of Allen missing a few games.

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He wants to find a flaw on a 35 pt. Win, have at it.  

No, I was not attempting to do that.

Some people are able to compartmentalize and focus on what needs to get better while enjoying a win.

Others don’t have that ability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t know if he would be open to it, but I would LOVE to convince Fitzpatrick to come out of retirement and be the back up.

Fitz could legitimately keep a season alive in the case of Allen missing a few games.

He already said that physically he doesn’t have it in him anymore. Plus he probably enjoys his new job. Try again.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

LOL.  That is a no.  Don't throw Fitz's name out there (you know, and everyone knows it will not happen) as an out.

What is a realistic backup QB?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.