Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Please show me your positive posts.  All I ever see is negativity and complaining from you.

Just yesterday: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/242302-dorsey-unhinged/?do=findComment&comment=7909786

Its a simple phenomenon. You only pay attention to the posts you disagree with.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I do buy it.  Look how much trouble our 2nd string center had.  The guy snapping the ball after our 2nd string wasnt even a center.  He is a guard.  Snapping the ball may seem like an easy thing to do but its not.  There is a lot of timing involved which is why we had several miscues on snaps over 2 games.  Our 3rd stringer had no practice with it.  You obviously dont agree but Ill listen to the guy that had been a great center for us for a long time.

Amen.  My god.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I mean whatever you want to call it, it was the wrong call.  If your secondary is depleted with injuries, the last thing you want to do is give the opposing QB time to find a hole.  The way you do that is with pressure, which is supposed to be a strength of this team this season, but when you're only rushing 3, I really hope they weren't expecting any sort of pressure that would force Tua into an early/bad throw.

That is what you call it.  It wasnt prevent defense.  In saying that, I dont think they should have rushed 3.  They should have done what they did all game.  They needed to pressure Tua into a quick throw and make the tackle.  Thats my opinion on it.  This team has been burned quite a bit on 3rd and long.  All I did was correct that guy.  It wasnt prevent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, WideLeft said:

How do you not buy something that a really good former center just explained?  I've been watching football for about 40 years, and can really count on one hand the number of times "backup centers snap the dang ball over the QB's head in shotgun formation and it results in either a turnover or huge loss of yardage".  It's definitely happened before, but it really doesn't happen all that often.  Hell, I could just as easily say that I've seen backup centers have bad snaps with the QB under center as well.  Hell, it happened yesterday.  I'm going with Eric Wood on this one.

Because I'm telling you what I've seen in over 40 years of watching college and professional football.  A bad snap in shotgun is far more problematic in a goal to go situation, since you will likely to be forced to settle for a field goal at best if you didn't turn the ball over.

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sal C and Eric Wood explained this.  They had put Josh in shot gun because our 3rd string center is actually a guard and gets no practice in snapping the ball.  Wood said this is very common because teams dont have enough practice time for all of that.  They do this so there isnt a bad exchange of the football like even our second string center who is actually a center had a few bad exchanges in two different games.

Thank you.  Funny that some people can't seem to accept this point.  And more proof that our injuries were a huge reason for the loss.  If we walk into that stadium relatively healthy, we win easily despite the heat.

• Like (+1) 1

McK catches the ball with 13 seconds on the game clock. He doesn't go straight up field and get down. He cant get out of bounds. Bills cant get a play off. Game over.

KC has the ball kicked to them. Pass play for 19 yards. Pass play for 25 yards. FG to tie. 

Same 13 seconds. We could not finish a single play and get back to line to spike ball.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just yesterday: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/242302-dorsey-unhinged/?do=findComment&comment=7909786

Its a simple phenomenon. You only pay attention to the posts you disagree with.

So you point to a post where you back hand criticize McD lol.  Obviously I dont just pay attention to posts I disagree with.  What a bad statement. I know who is generally always negative and who is positive around here so your statement cant be further from the truth.  I also agree with some of the criticiz=sm and dont agree with other criticism.  I know who is a troll around here and who isnt.  I dont think you are a troll btw.  I just think you hate and criticize just about everything.  There is a difference.  I think you are entitled to your opinion but I also think your opinion is more wrong than it is right.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, ngbills said:

McK catches the ball with 13 seconds on the game clock. He doesn't go straight up field and get down. He cant get out of bounds. Bills cant get a play off. Game over.

KC has the ball kicked to them. Pass play for 19 yards. Pass play for 25 yards. FG to tie. 

Same 13 seconds. We could not finish a single play and get back to line to spike ball.

They had 3 timeouts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

That's because unlike our unforgivable defensive play calls in the 13 seconds, the Fish weren't allowing our receivers to run free down the field like we allowed KC's receivers to do against us in those final moments.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Thank you.  Funny that some people can't seem to accept this point.  And more proof that our injuries were a huge reason for the loss.  If we walk into that stadium relatively healthy, we win easily despite the heat.

What he said before the game is that goal line snaps are hard because the entire D is crashing the line and the player that the center has to block is on him before the ball is even out of his hand. It takes a lot of practice to finish the snap before engaging in the block and a guard has no experience doing that. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They had 3 timeouts. 

Very true - just saying same 13 seconds. I dont want to go into excuses but it is frustrating how the refs can control the game clock by how fast they reset the ball. I have seen a play like that get reset much quicker - mck was down with about 8-9 seconds. That is a long time to not get a play off. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

What he said before the game is that goal line snaps are hard because the entire D is crashing the line and the player that the center has to block is on him before the ball is even out of his hand. It takes a lot of practice to finish the snap before engaging in the block and a guard has no experience doing that. 

He even said it during the broadcast right when the guard came in that Josh would have to go into shotgun the rest of the game so its not like he said it in hindsight.  He said it before any of the plays actually happened.

20 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm not buying that either.  I would argue it's easier for a replacement center to snap the ball under center than in shotgun.  I've seen backup centers snap the dang ball over the QB's head in shotgun formation and it results in either a turnover or a huge loss of yardage.

This is just wrong though.   Eric Wood (a professional center) immediately said the Bills will be in gun now with Mancz in there.  He would know vs some guy who never played center or QB going on instincts or intuition.   Any center can and does snap a ball over the QB's head just like any center can have a bad exchange under center.  It comes down to skill set, probabilities and what have they practiced together.

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Very true - just saying same 13 seconds. I dont want to go into excuses but it is frustrating how the refs can control the game clock by how fast they reset the ball. I have seen a play like that get reset much quicker - mck was down with about 8-9 seconds. That is a long time to not get a play off. 

Its definitely frustrating but I dont think the refs were intentionally slow.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

This is just wrong though.   Eric Wood (a professional center) immediately said the Bills will be in gun now with Mancz in there.  He would know vs some guy who never played center or QB going on instincts or intuition.   Any center can and does snap a ball over the QB's head just like any center can have a bad exchange under center.  It comes down to skill set, probabilities and what have they practiced together.

If people are seriously trying to claim at the NFL level, we can't even snap the ball under center to get less than a yard, that raises a lot more questions than it answers.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Because I'm telling you what I've seen in over 40 years of watching college and professional football.  A bad snap in shotgun is far more problematic in a goal to go situation, since you will likely to be forced to settle for a field goal at best if you didn't turn the ball over.

Take the L here. With a brand new center, a fumble is significantly more likely under center than it is in shotgun. Especially in 2022.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

LMAO.  OK.  

It's happened way more times with a QB under center than with one in shotgun.  But OK.  Again, I'll go with Eric Wood on this one.  QB's fumble the snap all of the time while under center.  It really doesn't happen that much in Shotgun.  You get imperfect snaps sometimes, but really, it doesn't even happen that much......at all.  

No biggie.  I'm done with this.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

If people are seriously trying to claim at the NFL level, we can't even snap the ball under center to get less than a yard, that raises a lot more questions than it answers.

Hell, then snap it to Josh in shotgun and let him dive over the line, whatever.  Throwing the ball where the receivers don't have a ton of room to get separation from defenders and an INT is much more likely to happen makes no sense.  Inside the 1 is a running play unless you're trying the fake handoff to the TE or lineman or something.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Take the L here. With a brand new center, a fumble is significantly more likely under center than it is in shotgun. Especially in 2022.

Inside the 1 yard line is a running play.  3 straight if necessary.  Period.

• Vomit 1

Gave this a bit more thought, and realized Mahomes has only been blown out 3 times in the NFL. In the rare occasion the Chiefs lose 96% of the time it’s by one score. Good teams don’t get blown out and when they lose it should be by a close margin. Laying an egg in Miami, much worse than yesterdays outcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.