Poor coaching by McDermott is becoming a theme

Einstein

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McDermott is getting roasted in the media today. 

He needs a bounce back win Sunday in a big way. 

Not for his job security this year, but these voices will become LOUD if this team is sitting there at .500

He needs to break the trend of losing close games.   It's an expectation now, if the Bills arent leading by 14 going into the 4th, they're probably going to lose.

To one degree or another, that is absolutely on coaching.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I really don't understand the coaching getting called out for yesterday's loss. It was individual errors which led to our defeat. Yes, there were a couple of questionable calls but the bigger problem was execution.

💯 McDermott was not the problem yesterday.

All anyone has to do is watch Allen throw a grounder to a wide open McKenzie in the corner of the end zone for what should have been the game-winning score to realize that player execution was the reason for the loss.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

He needs to break the trend of losing close games.   It's an expectation now, if the Bills arent leading by 14 going into the 4th, they're probably going to lose.

To one degree or another, that is absolutely on coaching.

I don't know what the heck is going on, but all we did was win close games in 2020. Same coaches. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

True dat.  Florio hates the Bills.

I find that very odd to read. I read Florio a lot and never picked up on any animosity toward the Bills.

His favorite team isn’t even in our conference, and he has had the Bills listed as the best team in the NFL for some time now.

I love mcd, that said the close game thing is bothersome.

I'm nowhere near the idiocy of some on the board, however, we are the hot place to be right now. If we were in a position to make a major upgrade to head coach, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd be a very short list, and unlikely anyone on that list would shake loose. 

Could we take a constructive moment to list a few coaches we'd take over McD, if they were to become available ? Here's my take at it:

-John Harbaugh

-Tomlin

-Reid

Does Sean Payton make that list? I can't say, but I'm sure there would be some firey take about him both ways 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I love mcd, that said the close game thing is bothersome.

I'm nowhere near the idiocy of some on the board, however, we are the hot place to be right now. If we were in a position to make a major upgrade to head coach, I wouldn't hesitate. It'd be a very short list, and unlikely anyone on that list would shake loose. 

Could we take a constructive moment to list a few coaches we'd take over McD, if they were to become available ? Here's my take at it:

-John Harbaugh

-Tomlin

-Reid

Does Sean Payton make that list? I can't say, but I'm sure there would be some firey take about him both ways 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not Tomlin, in my opinion.

Just now, corta765 said:

Just call up Sean Payton after this year lol

Now that would be a significant upgrade. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.