How Bills GM Brandon Beane, HC Sean McDermott have turned Buffalo into a Super Bowl contender.

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stephen A. Smith explains why the Buffalo Bills' Super Bowl chances will rise and fall with Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34529436

I saw this earlier and thought his take was completely backwards.  Kupp is their offense.  Diggs is a part of a whole (granted a big part) but with the emergence of Gabe and Knox, I think there is going to be more distribution of the ball to other places other than Diggs (This doesn't even add the factors of Mckenzie, Crowder and the RBs).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I saw this earlier and thought his take was completely backwards.  Kupp is their offense.  Diggs is a part of a whole (granted a big part) but with the emergence of Gabe and Knox, I think there is going to be more distribution of the ball to other places other than Diggs (This doesn't even add the factors of Mckenzie, Crowder and the RBs).

Don't forget about Allen Robinson. They are less one-dimensional than you may think.

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

When isn’t his take backwards?

😝 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Stephen A. Smith explains why the Buffalo Bills' Super Bowl chances will rise and fall with Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34529436

The national media, especially people like Stephen A. Smith, know nothing about the Bills except for the few minutes of highlights they see on the weekend.  This guy has no idea what he is talking about.

He is questioning our "Supporting Cast" which includes some of the best offensive and defensive players in the league.  Insanity. Nobody in the league has more talent than the Bills.  Our Defense is loaded.

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Don't forget about Allen Robinson. They are less one-dimensional than you may think.

Not lost on me for sure.  He's going to get his targets because of Kupp though.  I'm sure the Bills are going to be doing everything they can to limit both as much as possible.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It comes down to two things:

1) Can the team, especially Josh Allen stay healthy?

2) Will the rest of the team capitalize one Josh Allen’s talents by playing above themselves?

The pieces are in place,

IIRC, the Bills have been one of the healthiest teams in the NFL over the last year or two or thee

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Maybe you're missing the point.   It can be read two ways.   It can mean "respect the process."  Or it can me "we are about two things:  Respect. and The Process.  Respect for every else.  Commitment to the Process.  

The place is a cult. 

This isn't actually what's going on with the twitter page though. You can find the same behavior on countless Buffalo Sabres page tweets in 2018, I've complained about the same thing on hockey message boards for years. It cooled off for a bit but I'm seeing an uptick again and it's annoying 

"The. Eichel. Tower." Dumb crap like that idk 

signing big names like Diggs, Morse and Miller is very exciting and points to a win now mindset. Our SB chances are well rooted in reality, not booze addled hope and hype. Still, I hope we are taking notes from the Bengals on how to beat KC because until we climb that mountain nothing is going to happen.

40 minutes ago, stuvian said:

signing big names like Diggs, Morse and Miller is very exciting and points to a win now mindset. Our SB chances are well rooted in reality, not booze addled hope and hype. Still, I hope we are taking notes from the Bengals on how to beat KC because until we climb that mountain nothing is going to happen.

October 10/ 2021. Buffalo Bills 38 KC Chiefs 20.  That game slip your mind?  The Bills know how to beat the Chiefs. They just didn't do it in the playoffs. Knowing how wasn't the issue. Not getting it done was.

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

October 10/ 2021. Buffalo Bills 38 KC Chiefs 20.  That game slip your mind?  The Bills know how to beat the Chiefs. They just didn't do it in the playoffs. Knowing how wasn't the issue. Not getting it done was.

I watched that game and no I haven't for gotten but doing it when it matters would help

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

The chiefs lost that game against the bengals bc the bills took everything out of them. That game had the emotions and physicality of a superbowl. They were drained. Only a bye week could have saved them. 

18 hours ago, arcane said:

The social media interns for the bills and sabres have been using the same annoying syntax in tweets for years.

Stop. Posting. Like. This. Please. 😤

Pretty sure there were misspelled words too 

For nearly two decades, we witnessed all the mistakes a GM/Head Coach can make when trying to rebuild.  

So it's easy to see what Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott did differently, and how it ended up leading to their current success.

Doug Whaley was a strong evaluator of talent.  But he was never on the same page with his head coach (neither Doug Marrone or Rex Ryan), and the disconnect was frequently apparent.  There is a big difference in collecting talent, and building a cohesive team with a singular vision.  It is clear that Beane and McDermott are unified with each move the team makes.

Buddy Nix lacked urgency and strategy in building the roster (especially about the Quarterback position).  His tendency was to sit on his hands and watch... ultimately forcing him to make an unwise decision out of panic.  We saw it with Mario Williams in free agency.  We saw it with EJ Manuel in the draft.  In contrast, this regime has no problem make bold and calculated moves.

Marv Levy was too old school, believing he could build a winning roster almost entirely through the draft.  The problem was, his drafting was absolutely terrible.  And even though he ignored the big-ticket free agents every offseason, he still managed to overspend on the second-wave guys.  

Tom Donahoe was aggressive to a fault.  His time here was splash move, after splash move.  It was exciting and our team was full of talent.  But it never quite came together on the field.  By the end of his tenure here, the Bills were in terrible cap trouble.  We also had very little young talent, since many of our draft picks were traded away for veteran players.

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe so but he made a ton of sense in this clip.

Ok, I just listened to the clip despite my better judgment.  He didn't say anything!  He said Josh Allen has to throw the ball to Stefon Diggs for the Bills to be successful -- no duh.  I don't think he even knows who else is on the Bills' roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.