2022 updated depth chart after cuts

CorkScrewHill

Just now, ScottLaw said:

It’s all in good fun… don’t take it or the games too serious. 😉

That's what I'm saying to you.  We crossed the Rubicon.  Let's see what happens.

1 minute ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Strange,  but I am not really missing any of the players that were released.

It's a very good roster.  Just got to hope the young CBs hang in there for the first games.  At least we got Poyer and Hyde to shepherd them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

some points of interest:

Khalil is listed as a slot receiver

spencer Brown still listed as backup RT

I will say some these things on depth chart don't mean a lot when game day comes around.  Plus this depth chart will be fluid and could change more before week 1.  For example, Cook is listed 3rd behind Moss, but I bet he out touches Moss.  Shakir was always set to be in the slot, but can play outside.  So I suspect that Shakir will get snaps outside and the slot and will certainly out snap guys like Kumerow.  Once they move Stevenson to IR, won't surprise me to see them move Shakir's listing to his spot either.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Of course we see what happens…. People just get their panties in a bunch when pointing out weaknesses in the roster that could derail their Super Bowl hopes…..

Sure, but so do other SB hopefuls.  Please do me a favor and look up the 3 DL backups for the Rams.

Marquise Copeland

Jonah Williams (not the 1st rounder from CIN)

Michael Hoecht

They are ALL UDFAs will no real NFL experience.  How would you feel about them if 1 or 2 of the starters get hurt?

https://www.therams.com/team/depth-chart

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

There are 55 players on the depth chart without a punter.  Ike to PUP and Smith to the list, so it's 53.

Stevenson goes to IR Wednesday or Thursday when they sign a punter.

The way I see it going into the Rams game the following players are inactive.

1.  OL:  Tommy Doyle (especially if he is still nicked up).  If not Doyle probably Hart.

2.  TE:  Quintin Morris sits to start the season (he is mainly here as Knox's backup).  I know, I know, they will go with Sweeney as TE2 to start.

3.  DE:  Shaq Lawson

4.  LB:  Baylon Spector

5.  CB:  Cam Lewis

The good thing is that all the RBs and WRs are dressing!  Wouldn't like an RB not dressing.

When Tre comes back Cam is cut.

When Smith comes back it will be a toss-up between him and Spector.  I'm guessing Spector and Smith to PS.

If/when Ike comes back (not 100% he will) Johnny Rotten or Hart cut.

If/when Stevenson comes back it will be a puzzlement.

All of this is dependent on the overall team health.

Am I missing something?

I think you meant Smtih to active roster and Spector to PS.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I debated that as it seems to be what will happen, but I took the road less traveled.  LOL.

You will probably be correct.

When Smith comes back it will be a toss-up between him and Spector.  I'm guessing Spector and Smith to PS.

Both to PS? That is definitely road less travelled.  I am hoping Spector stats and Smith is left on PS to dry out.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

My sentence structure is horrible.  I meant "Spector stays" and Smith to PS.

I used to be an assistant newspaper editor.  Sometimes I needed to diagram sentences to get the writer to reword something since I only had power to suggest not change.  People just do not see it because in their mind they knew what they were writing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I’m a little concerned over the CB situation. Starting Jackson and Elam is far from ideal, and when you consider Benford is the 3rd CB, you have two rookies and a second year player as your primary CBs for at least the first quarter of the season.

Benford shouldn't play that much. You have Elam, Jackson, and Johnson as your top 3 and I'd expect Neal to mix in if needed. Jackson is a competent #2 and I think Elam will be a beast right away. I'm not worried about DB. I'm glad they didn't sign a guy like Joe Haden that just takes snaps away from the guys that need them.

I think we should fully expect to win the division at this point, so if young DBs have to take some lumps over the first few weeks against Cooper Kupp and Tyreek hill that's fine. If they rise tot he challenge, even better. If they struggle enough to the point where it's determined they will be a liability down the stretch, go and get Haden or somebody else at that point.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I used to be an assistant newspaper editor.  Sometimes I needed to diagram sentences to get the writer to reword something since I only had power to suggest not change.  People just do not see it because in their mind they knew what they were writing.

Not an excuse but I'm jumping back and forth from the SabreSpace board after the Tage Thompson 7-year deal being signed.

It's a fun Buffalo sports day for me!  I should get another drink and let it all ride!

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Not an excuse but I'm jumping back and forth from the SabreSpace board after the Tage Thompson 7-year deal being signed.

It's a fun Buffalo sports day for me!  I should get another drink and let it all ride!

I used to follow Sabres a lot when I worked on the road.  Many a bar I would make a friend in because we both were watching hockey.  I had a bunch of Canadians in Ottowa buying me drinks every time Sabres goalie blocked a shot and fortunately I did not need to work next day.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.