How bad is Nebraska?

Kirby Jackson

I did something that I vowed to NEVER DO!!! I bet Nebraska last week 🤦🏻‍♂️. I bet them on the moneyline as a part of a parlay. What a horrible football program. I’ve been of the belief that this year they would be relevant again. That doesn’t mean a contender but a bowl team that wins like 8 games. Lol, I changed my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's truly unbelievable how bad its gotten. And it keeps getting worse!

There have been other programs that “dipped” but eventually worked their way out. They don’t always “return” to their previous stature but they become relevant again (like Michigan, ND, etc). I don’t ever see Nebraska, consistently, being a top 15-20 team. I don’t see them reaching the level of like, Wisconsin or Auburn. They are closer to Rutgers and Vanderbilt. It’s wild. There is no end in sight IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nebraska is quickly evolving into the Dallas Cowboys of college football. Haven't been legitimately good in many years but buoyed by a delusional and fanatical fan base who insist that the big turnaround is just around the corner. I took Northwestern with the points because Nebraska has done absolutely zilch to justify that line against anybody let alone against a halfway-decent Big Ten school. But even I didn't think they were going to lose outright. Gonna be a long season in Lincoln for sure. 

Frost must have pics of the AD or the university president with a dead girl or a live boy. No idea how he's kept his job, especially in this era of win-now college football. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Up 11 in third and he does an onside kick.  Some coaches can't handle coaching versus legit programs.

One of the most embarassing things I've seen in a football game. I think the players can kind of sense when their coach has no idea what he's doing and a call like that solidifies it.

18 hours ago, NyBob85 said:

Nebraska is quickly evolving into the Dallas Cowboys of college football. Haven't been legitimately good in many years but buoyed by a delusional and fanatical fan base who insist that the big turnaround is just around the corner. I took Northwestern with the points because Nebraska has done absolutely zilch to justify that line against anybody let alone against a halfway-decent Big Ten school. But even I didn't think they were going to lose outright. Gonna be a long season in Lincoln for sure. 

Frost must have pics of the AD or the university president with a dead girl or a live boy. No idea how he's kept his job, especially in this era of win-now college football. 

They’re worse than the Cowboys. I get the reference but Dallas has won some divisions and the occasional playoff game. Nebraska is a bottom-feeder.  They’re closer to the Knicks (although they were decent a couple of years ago). I’ve never seen a former blue-blood become completely irrelevant. 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I did something that I vowed to NEVER DO!!! I bet Nebraska last week 🤦🏻‍♂️. I bet them on the moneyline as a part of a parlay. What a horrible football program. I’ve been of the belief that this year they would be relevant again. That doesn’t mean a contender but a bowl team that wins like 8 games. Lol, I changed my mind.

What # did you get the Ohio state game at? And do we believe Marcus freeman that he didn’t know it’s up to 17.5?

Nebraska is sad compared to when I was young Buffalo fan. But I don’t believe Nebraska is going to be the only one. I question all these kids wanting to go to Ohio State over USC Trojans once they enter the Big Ten Conference I think things are going to change for Ohio State like Michigan. Los Angeles for Ohio and Michigan kids is going to look more attractive there the future Nebraska. I got news for Syracuse Orange football fans your UB Bulls football in Super Conferences. Don’t lie to yourself run to the Big East Conference like Connecticut Huskies basketball did to save some dignity before UB Bulls basketball beats you there they both should be there. Syracuse Orange and Buffalo Bulls football aren’t running with Super Conference USC Trojans and Georgia Bulldogs not happening. UB Bulls basketball needs to get to the Big East Conference fast for big time anything at UB. Park UB and Syracuse football as independents for payday tomato cans for the Super Conference for easy wins in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 2 weeks later...

What a 🗑 program. They play someone next week that’s going to kill them too (Oklahoma). 

I’m assuming that Frost makes it to October 1st when his buyout goes down by $7.5M (I think). The damage is done though. That program is done. We are past the time of that program being able to “bounce back.” These kids weren’t alive when the Huskers were relevant. They are Kansas with a bigger stadium and more loyal (football) fans. 

On 8/31/2022 at 6:00 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Nebraska is sad compared to when I was young Buffalo fan. But I don’t believe Nebraska is going to be the only one. I question all these kids wanting to go to Ohio State over USC Trojans once they enter the Big Ten Conference I think things are going to change for Ohio State like Michigan. Los Angeles for Ohio and Michigan kids is going to look more attractive there the future Nebraska. I got news for Syracuse Orange football fans your UB Bulls football in Super Conferences. Don’t lie to yourself run to the Big East Conference like Connecticut Huskies basketball did to save some dignity before UB Bulls basketball beats you there they both should be there. Syracuse Orange and Buffalo Bulls football aren’t running with Super Conference USC Trojans and Georgia Bulldogs not happening. UB Bulls basketball needs to get to the Big East Conference fast for big time anything at UB. Park UB and Syracuse football as independents for payday tomato cans for the Super Conference for easy wins in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Define different? Ohio State CONSISTENTLY has top 5 recruiting classes, recruit nationally and are a blue-blood program that never slips. Now if your suggestion is that they will fall to 5-10 we will disagree but it’s reasonable. If your suggestion is that they will fall further, that’s absurd. In the era of NIL that’s impossible. Ohio State will NEVER fall outside of the top 7 or 8 programs like Michigan did. The alumni won’t let that happen. The have elite recruiting, resources, reputation and success. 

If Oklahoma State can build a program that went 0-10-1 (1991, I was there every home game) to a team on the cusp of the CFP (10th most wins in college football since like 2007)... Nebraska can come back to be a dangerous team. Just takes the right coach with the right mindset for the program (Saban, Gundy, Dabo, Fitzgerald, etc.)

41 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

If Oklahoma State can build a program that went 0-10-1 (1991, I was there every home game) to a team on the cusp of the CFP (10th most wins in college football since like 2007)... Nebraska can come back to be a dangerous team. Just takes the right coach with the right mindset for the program (Saban, Gundy, Dabo, Fitzgerald, etc.)

image.jpeg
"For you to sully the fine name of Coach Saban in the same sentence as any other two bit university other than the 'Harvard of the South' is despicable, suh!"

On 9/16/2022 at 8:56 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I don’t necessarily believe that. You either have to recruit nationally or have a great area to recruit from. The Pokes have Texas. Nebraska has nothing and this generation didn’t grow up with them mattering. Now, if the alums decide to go crazy with NIL, maybe they can matter again. They can never be a power again but they can maybe be like Oklahoma State or Notre Dame or Wisconsin. They can be a fringe top 10ish team in the perfect world.

They should follow what Texas 8&4 has tried to do. They just spend, spend, spend and hope to close the gap with Alabama. It hasn’t happened yet but maybe it will 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.