OJ Howard

Warriorspikes51

30 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Howard even admitted that he was have a slow time grasping all of the terminology, calls and plays.  I'm glad we kept the younger guys.  I know I'm in the minority when it comes to Sweeney, but I still feel he has a high ceiling and feel that the coaching changes are going to help him reach a higher level. 

Go Bills!!!!!

It's Sweeney's last chance to prove it.  They will draft another TE for sure if he doesn't show up big this year with what they want from him.

He was very wrong not grasping potential complexity in Bills offense.  Well he got paid and may get paid again due to a Jim Overdorf style contact.

O.J. Howard: "It Just Was a Perfect Situation"

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/o-j-howard-it-just-was-a-perfect-situation

Newly signed Bills TE O.J. Howard joined One Bills Live to discuss how he decided on Buffalo as his offseason free agent destination. He talked about his Super Bowl experience with the Buccaneers, his NFL career so far, what he will add to the Bills offense and what he likes most about the popular garbage plate.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:03 AM, KDIGGZ said:

He would take snaps away from Morris at this point if he even sees the field because they also like Sweeney for whatever reason (mostly off-field). I don't think the Bills expected Morris to play as good as he has been. He looks like a bruiser out there and all we heard about was how big Howard was but I haven't seen him play as physical as Morris. On paper Howard is supposed to be this physically gifted athlete but I just haven't seen it

I said it when he was signed, the Achilles injury robbed him of his athleticism. It is unfortunate, but true.

Achilles injuries are still nasty bugaboos for NFL players.

1/3 never play again, and those that do tend to have moderate careers after.

A shame because Howard had the size and skill set to be a really good NFL TE.

I didn't like the signing then, took heat for it, and reports are he is cut. It is what it is. The Bills gave him a chance.

Boettger also had an Achilles, and I was surprised the Bills resigned him. Chances are very low he sees the field this year.

On 8/29/2022 at 9:31 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s the perfect TE2. When we got him I thought he could be TE1B but he’s not looking like that. He’s a good blocker and a large target. He’ll be better in the pass game with better talent around him. 

I would keep Knox, Howard, and Morris. 

Not to single you out, but there are so many comments like these that remind me at the end of the day, we fans too often see what we want to see.

We all have a bit of homer in us, but we have a tendency to envision the best potential scenario, then convince ourselves that's how things will play out regardless of anything else.

I do it plenty, so again, not singling you out!

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Not to single you out, but there are so many comments like these that remind me at the end of the day, we fans too often see what we want to see.

We all have a bit of homer in us, but we have a tendency to envision the best potential scenario, then convince ourselves that's how things will play out regardless of anything else.

I do it plenty, so again, not singling you out!

Everyone saw his struggles this offseason. But I definitely thought he was a lock for TE2. Im not a homer, I give my opinion. He had a guaranteed contract so I figured he was a lock.

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Such an obvious and true statement yet you still have people rolling their eyes at you…this place is basically say something nice about the Bills or don’t say anything at all.😅

I'm not afraid to hurt feelings and say the truth. I agree with HappyD & ScottL.  Sweeney has been given more than enough opportunities to be TE2. He's a mediocre blocker and receiver who's somehow found a way to hang on? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.