Where in the world is Joe Buscaglia

Bagwell358

19 hours ago, Logic said:

He's been regularly posting training camp previews, position group by position group, for The Athletic. That's his dayjob.

You can subscribe for less than the cost of two beers at the bar. 

I highly recommend doing so, especially during this time of year.

I tried and I was constantly sent baseball articles even when I had no baseball team list in interest.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I tried and I was constantly sent baseball articles even when I had no baseball team list in interest.

Strange, I’ve never had that issue. I list “Bills” and “NFL” as my interests, and those are the articles I get. One can also just click on the Bills logo to access all the Bills material.

To each their own, but I’ve found The Athletic to be highly worth the money.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be a sad day if The Athletic folded tent.

In the post-newspaper era they employ many of the good professionals and former beat writers that have been displaced by the demise of print media. There are many good writers and reporters whose careers have been propped back up by The Athletic.

One problem for The Athletic is that this country (and the whole world perhaps?) is less literate than I can ever recall. There are many people who don't value or even recognize good journalism. I'm in that disappearing group of people who prefer to read about stuff as opposed to watching or listening to a talking head (there are a few exceptions).

As far as Joe Buscaglia, he is a hard-working and conscientious guy. I appreciate his diligence. I don't think you could ever call Joe lazy so to me that's the main thing. Beyond that he's a decent enough writer and has enough knowledge to justify his position.

He might not be the best reporter covering the Bills but he's far from the worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

In the post-newspaper era they employ many of the good professionals and former beat writers that have been displaced by the demise of print media. There are many good writers and reporters whose careers have been propped back up by The Athletic.

One problem for The Athletic is that this country (and the whole world perhaps?) is less literate than I can ever recall. There are many people who don't value or even recognize good journalism. I'm in that disappearing group of people who prefer to read about stuff as opposed to watching or listening to a talking head (there are a few exceptions).

As far as Joe Buscaglia, he is a hard-working and conscientious guy. I appreciate his diligence. I don't think you could ever call Joe lazy so to me that's the main thing. Beyond that he's a decent enough writer and has enough knowledge to justify his position.

He might not be the best reporter covering the Bills but he's far from the worst.

I'm not like the other girls.  I drink beer and wear a backward hat.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Not sure. I don't subscribe.

Just clarifying your hollow support for the Associated Press rep.   

I know some people don't like paying for TBN...........just like they don't like paying more than $20 for a late season home Bills ticket because they've put a price on it.........and they think local news and AP should be free.........but tis' better to be critical than indifferent and unsupportive.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm not like the other girls.  I drink beer and wear a backward hat.

Hmmm... your reply is a bit too oblique for me. 

Can you dumb it down for my benefit?

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just clarifying your hollow support for the Associated Press rep.   

Oh don't get me wrong, BADOL, I don't really care about Wawrow one way or the other.

My post was solely to point out the huge ego and inflated sense of self worth it takes for someone with absolutely zero experience in sports journalism to be trying to give advice to a long time professional sports journalist, and then acting like he's big timing you when he ignores your nonsense. It's not the least bit surprising, mind you, because "guy with huge ego and inflated sense of self worth presuming to know better than everyone else" is kind of your whole schtick.

Tell me: do you give advice to Bills players, too? I bet THEY'D listen!

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Oh don't get me wrong, BADOL, I don't really care about Wawrow one way or the other.

My post was solely to point out the huge ego and inflated sense of self worth it takes for someone with absolutely zero experience in sports journalism to be trying to give advice to a long time professional sports journalist, and then acting like he's big timing you when he ignores your nonsense. It's not the least bit surprising, mind you, because "guy with huge ego and inflated sense of self worth presuming to know better than everyone else" is kind of your whole schtick.

Tell me: do you give advice to Bills players, too? I bet THEY'D listen!

Criticism of the media and their work is fair game on TSW.

Happens every day........all the time here, does it not? 

@YoloinOhio just started a thread to criticize or intentionally initiate criticism of a member of the media.

I wouldn't put it beyond you to have done the same about some content you didn't like,  it fits your totally irrational persona to now complain so loudly about something you yourself do.

I don't care if it's JW or Jerry Sullivan or Vic Carucci, Thad Brown, Chris Brown, Tasker or Schopp etc...

They are all paid professionals and yet people like you with zero experience, talent or skill in those mediums are free to be critical as consumers of the content.

I'm not a fan of JW's work in PC's.   And I've seen him bully and big time people here on TSW and he deserves to be treated no differently than an illogical fellow like yourself.........so I have no hesitation about being critical of him..........that's how TSW works.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.