Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Thought you were all for states having the right to make this decision. 

I didn't want them to touch it.  But it is a states' rights issue.  That being said, I can get on-board with Graham's proposal.

I simply don’t understand why it’s so odd for legislators to get together and legislate? Is it really that hard? It used to be the norm. Now, they get together to do the easy things, like sending billions of dollars overseas to fight wars in far away places.  What’s the old adage? “Can’t see it from my house!”

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I already provided you with links and my POV on said topic. You seem to think my POV is wrong.  Correct me.

So the only differences are that grahams is 15 weeks and those states around 24.  Btw graham proposed a 20 week limit last year. Seems like this could be a time for a deal to be made. 

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't want them to touch it.  But it is a states' rights issue.  That being said, I can get on-board with Graham's proposal.

If it's a state's right then you become a giant hypocrite for getting on board with Graham.  See how that works?  

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m asking you 

At some point you need to educate yourself if you as a man want to stick your opinion in a woman's body. 

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

If it's a state's right then you become a giant hypocrite for getting on board with Graham.  See how that works?  

At some point you need to educate yourself if you as a man want to stick your opinion in a woman's body. 

my wife also thinks 15 week ban is what it should be. Actually following her lead on this. I’ve said this before grahams bill.  Rape, ***** life of mother exception.  

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

my wife also thinks 15 week ban is what it should be. Actually following her lead on this. I’ve said this before grahams bill.  Rape, ***** life of mother exception.  

Glad you have that much input actually.  And of course she is allowed to have her opinion.  We can disagree on that part I guess.  There are many discussions on why it might not be a good idea. 

So what about the issue that this is a state by state decision.  How at that point do you support Graham's bill in any way. 

It is quite dishonest for the gop to claim this was just a state issue and now we see that was a big lie. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Glad you have that much input actually.  And of course she is allowed to have her opinion.  We can disagree on that part I guess.  There are many discussions on why it might not be a good idea. 

So what about the issue that this is a state by state decision.  How at that point do you support Graham's bill in any way. 

It is quite dishonest for the gop to claim this was just a state issue and now we see that was a big lie. 

Do you want a federal law or not? 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That is NOT what he said...

At 1.35 of the video he said he would take her considerations.  So dems should legislate this. 

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Do you want a federal law or not? 

At 1.35 of the video he said he would take her considerations.  So dems should legislate this. 

This proposed law removes the right for a woman to decide what is BEST for her with consultation of her PHYSICIAN.

More details on the actual law -siting actual language from the tweets below:

• Woman must get counseling or medical care 48 hours before the procedure BUT not at an abortion clinic
  • Also language around what is required when an abortion results in the birth of a live baby, which is not something that can happen.
  • Parents of a minor who gets an abortion are allowed to sue the provider—you know, unless the parent is the rapist.
  • If RED STATES laws are more severe than Lindsey Graham's nationwide ban - THOSE LAW STAY.
    •  
    • FcjRf8QX0AUOeE0?format=png&name=360x360
    • ^^^^^^^^READ THAT AGAIN

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This proposed law removes the right for a woman to decide what is BEST for her with consultation of her PHYSICIAN.

More details on the actual law -siting actual language from the tweets below:

• Woman must get counseling or medical care 48 hours before the procedure BUT not at an abortion clinic
  • Also language around what is required when an abortion results in the birth of a live baby, which is not something that can happen.
  • Parents of a minor who gets an abortion are allowed to sue the provider—you know, unless the parent is the rapist.
  • If RED STATES laws are more severe than Lindsey Graham's nationwide ban - THOSE LAW STAY.
    •  
    • FcjRf8QX0AUOeE0?format=png&name=360x360
    • ^^^^^^^^READ THAT AGAIN

looks good