Farmers in the Netherlands revolting against WEF emissions mandates

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That’s kind of a functional definition of “intelligence,” isn’t it?

The discussion started with someone labeling Tucker Carlson as “Ivy League educated.” I said he isn’t. So … why would that matter?

1. We are in a world in which relying on  intelligence testing per se is illegal at worst, considered uncouth at best. So we use proxies for intelligence. One (for now at least) is whether you were admitted to a top college. And it’s a pretty good proxy since the Ivy League schools generally only admit the top 5% of SAT/ACT scorers. (Note: test optional crap may ruin this.) Economist Bryan Caplan puts it this way: Would you rather be admitted to Princeton and have a run of the mill public university education, or would you rather be denied at Princeton and get a superb, world class education at Southeastern Nebraska State College? That is the “signaling” importance of elite education. If I see Harvard on your resume, I immediately think “high IQ.”  Better to just ask the candidate to take an IQ test, but I can’t do that. 

2. High IQ — general intelligence, or “G” in the trade, is critical for many (most) important jobs in the non-manual labor sector.

3. Completing college is also a signal — a signal that one has the sticktoitiveness  that is critical to success in many challenging fields of endeavor. We are at an odd moment in history today: a Gates or Zuckerberg can also signal “I’m really smart, look at my Harvard acceptance, but my ideas are so awesome they can’t wait 4 years.” But that’s a modern anomaly that applies to the .01 percent. 

4. Many non college educated people are as smart or smarter than those with college educations, or maybe even smarter than those with elite college degrees. But it’s really hard to find that out until someone has a long, long history of sustained excellence. So we use college degrees, and elite college degrees particularly, as a proxy for an extended test run. 

i used to say being smart doesn’t correlate with being, say, a good President. I still think this is largely true. But our recent experience with some, umm, “non-smart” Presidents (Bush 43, Trump, Biden) is starting to make me reconsider that opinion. And yes, one of the above has that Ivy League undergrad degree, and one has an Ivy MBA. Hey, I never said it’s a perfect proxy. 

I’ve always found this to be an interesting topic. We don’t want or need. our President to be the smartest guy/gal in the country. What they do need is management experience. This is why Governors generally make functional Presidents whereas Senators do not. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That’s kind of a functional definition of “intelligence,” isn’t it?

The discussion started with someone labeling Tucker Carlson as “Ivy League educated.” I said he isn’t. So … why would that matter?

1. We are in a world in which relying on  intelligence testing per se is illegal at worst, considered uncouth at best. So we use proxies for intelligence. One (for now at least) is whether you were admitted to a top college. And it’s a pretty good proxy since the Ivy League schools generally only admit the top 5% of SAT/ACT scorers. (Note: test optional crap may ruin this.) Economist Bryan Caplan puts it this way: Would you rather be admitted to Princeton and have a run of the mill public university education, or would you rather be denied at Princeton and get a superb, world class education at Southeastern Nebraska State College? That is the “signaling” importance of elite education. If I see Harvard on your resume, I immediately think “high IQ.”  Better to just ask the candidate to take an IQ test, but I can’t do that. 

2. High IQ — general intelligence, or “G” in the trade, is critical for many (most) important jobs in the non-manual labor sector.

3. Completing college is also a signal — a signal that one has the sticktoitiveness  that is critical to success in many challenging fields of endeavor. We are at an odd moment in history today: a Gates or Zuckerberg can also signal “I’m really smart, look at my Harvard acceptance, but my ideas are so awesome they can’t wait 4 years.” But that’s a modern anomaly that applies to the .01 percent. 

4. Many non college educated people are as smart or smarter than those with college educations, or maybe even smarter than those with elite college degrees. But it’s really hard to find that out until someone has a long, long history of sustained excellence. So we use college degrees, and elite college degrees particularly, as a proxy for an extended test run. 

i used to say being smart doesn’t correlate with being, say, a good President. I still think this is largely true. But our recent experience with some, umm, “non-smart” Presidents (Bush 43, Trump, Biden) is starting to make me reconsider that opinion. And yes, one of the above has that Ivy League undergrad degree, and one has an Ivy MBA. Hey, I never said it’s a perfect proxy. 

Seriously. Schools are a gauge of intelligence? Have you watched college sports, basketball, football, or notice the number of people charged with falsely getting into schools?

College education in the US is likened to being a royal in England not a commoner.  College is worn as a gold star, social status. It is announced with elitism at events and parties. It gives you the right to party at age 65 because of a sporting event on a distant campus. College has made the phrase " alma mater" important in social settings.  But it has nothing to do with intelligence. 

Me thinks😅

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve always found this to be an interesting topic. We don’t want or need. our President to be the smartest guy/gal in the country. What they do need is management experience. This is why Governors generally make functional Presidents whereas Senators do not. 

I agree in principle, but may I mention:

- Governor Jimmy Carter

- Governor George W. Bush 

On 7/28/2022 at 10:03 AM, B-Man said:

American agriculture has been a tremendously profitable industry for a long time. Long gone are the 1980s days of Farm Aid.

And government aid during COVID was a huge boon for farmers:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-16/u-s-farmers-won-t-see-profits-like-2020-for-decade-usda-says#xj4y7vzkg

And this one is just downright stunning - take a look at the hockey stick graph of increasing subsidies:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/L312041A027NBEA

Yes, we may certainly expect farmers to whine when Uncle Sam takes a tiny portion of the feedbag away. Agriculture in the USA is one of the most insanely subsidized industries in the world, from price supports (a depression/WWII era invention that proves there is nothing harder to eliminate than a government program), to below-market prices for irrigation water (the California Central Valley would have been out of the farming business decades ago if it had to compete on the open market for scarce water resources), to special tax treatment for a whole host of agricultural uses.

In the "I knew a guy" category:

- Price supports: a knew a lobbyist for the Hawaiian cane sugar industry. This industry would have completely died around 1970 but for special protections Congress gave it -- the guy was rightfully proud of his achievements in making that happen. Why the special protections? Well, like everything else, a stable sugar supply was treated as a national security concern.

- Special tax treatment: a know a guy who keeps a tiny (I think the minimum number is eight) herd of bison on his ranchland in Colorado. I tried to wrap my head around this, since he says he makes no money off them. The purpose: tax incentives. I knew a guy who's uncle made more money taking his dairy farm out of production in Michigan than he did actually keeping dairy cows.

And on and on...

I don't mind farmers bellyachin about hard times. It's part of the trade. But when it comes time to talkin about getting the govment off their backs, well lets remember that they owe a lot of their success to that same government.

Shocking revelation: the Dems subsidize people who vote for them. Let's forgive that student debt!

The Repubs subsidize people who vote for them. Let's help the struggling Great American Family Farm!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why Dutch Farmers Revolt.

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=52180

Remember that old, ridiculed Obama line: "You didn't build that!" 

Well, in the case of much of the farmland of the Netherlands, that is absolutely true. This is the best short summary I've found:

https://alltrades.substack.com/p/wonders-of-our-world-4-the-delta

And this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polder

The Netherlands is frequently associated with polders, as its engineers became noted for developing techniques to drain wetlands and make them usable for agriculture and other development. This is illustrated by the saying "God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands".[2]

The Dutch have a long history of reclamation of marshes and fenland, resulting in some 3,000 polders[3] nationwide. By 1961, about half of the country's land, 18,000 square kilometres (6,800 sq mi), was reclaimed from the sea.

The Dutch government quite literally created much of the farmland these "get the government off our backs" farmers are working. It was "reclaimed" from the sea by a vast system of dikes and drainage.  So shouldn't the Dutch people as a whole have some voice in how that land they created (through taxes and borrowing) be used?

I'm not taking sides here. I don't know enough about the issue to say whether more or less land should be devoted to farmland, or whether there should be limits on fertilizer usage, etc. This is for the Dutch people to decide about their own man-made (much of it) land. But it does strike me as more than a bit hypocritical for the farmers whose very existence depends on government projects over the centuries (intensifying in the last 60 years or so) to be claiming that the government is the problem. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

18 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Remember that old, ridiculed Obama line: "You didn't build that!" 

Well, in the case of much of the farmland of the Netherlands, that is absolutely true. This is the best short summary I've found:

https://alltrades.substack.com/p/wonders-of-our-world-4-the-delta

And this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polder

The Netherlands is frequently associated with polders, as its engineers became noted for developing techniques to drain wetlands and make them usable for agriculture and other development. This is illustrated by the saying "God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands".[2]

The Dutch have a long history of reclamation of marshes and fenland, resulting in some 3,000 polders[3] nationwide. By 1961, about half of the country's land, 18,000 square kilometres (6,800 sq mi), was reclaimed from the sea.

The Dutch government quite literally created much of the farmland these "get the government off our backs" farmers are working. It was "reclaimed" from the sea by a vast system of dikes and drainage.  So shouldn't the Dutch people as a whole have some voice in how that land they created (through taxes and borrowing) be used?

I'm not taking sides here. I don't know enough about the issue to say whether more or less land should be devoted to farmland, or whether there should be limits on fertilizer usage, etc. This is for the Dutch people to decide about their own man-made (much of it) land. But it does strike me as more than a bit hypocritical for the farmers whose very existence depends on government projects over the centuries (intensifying in the last 60 years or so) to be claiming that the government is the problem. 

The fundamental problem is all these government edicts worldwide have negative impacts on productivity.  Higher productivity, whether through the use of more efficient energy sources or improvements in technology or methods, are directly responsible for social and economic progress and improvements in the standard of living of everyone.  If you lower productivity you are going to lower the standard of living.   

Democracy aside, the only way you sell that to people aware of that linkage between these actions and lowering their standard of living is through force.  How much force are these governments willing to exert?  And what happens when the force against these initiatives is greater than the force the government can exert?  A lot of bad stuff can happen.  Because what they're pushing is a lower standard of living for everyone, everyone of course but themselves, the other political elite, and the ultra-wealthy.  A return to Medieval feudalism and an end to democracy,

When the light bulb comes on in the heads of the majority of populations around the world and they see their personal situation getting worse, and they decide my government is not my boss, there are going to be a lot of ex-leaders and their political cronies hanging upside down from lampposts. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The Green War on Dutch Farmers Should Concern Everybody
American Thinker ^ | 10 Aug, 2022 | James Bascom

Dutch farmers are fighting for nothing less than the survival of modern agriculture as such.

Over the past few months, thousands of Dutch farmers have blocked highways and staged protests. Hundreds have been arrested, and one was even shot at by a police officer. Dutch farmers have been protesting in the streets on and off since 2019.

Why are the farmers so outraged? They’re fighting for nothing less than the survival of modern agriculture as such. In the name of “sustainability” and fighting “pollution,” Green activists are trying to do to agriculture what they have been doing to the power grid and the oil and gas industry. In the name of highly questionable environmental goals, Green activists want to destroy the ability of farms to produce high-quality, abundant, clean, and inexpensive food.

Although the Netherlands has a population of 17 million and is only slightly larger than the U.S. state of Maryland, it is the second-largest agricultural exporter in the world after the United States. Dutch farms produce enormous quantities of beef, pork, dairy products and many other agricultural goods that are sold all over Europe and the world. The Dutch can produce so much food in such a small country thanks to the application of technology to farming methods. Dutch farms are perhaps the most advanced in the world. Thanks to the latest technology, Dutch food is not only plentiful but also inexpensive, efficient, and clean without sacrificing quality.

Green activists claim that this agriculture produces too much pollution and thus must be drastically reduced. At the behest of the European Union and Green groups, the Dutch government is imposing a plan to reduce nitrogen oxide and ammonia pollution by 50% by 2030. If carried out, this draconian plan would force Dutch farmers to reduce their herds by one-third

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/08/the_green_war_on_dutch_farmers_should_concern_everybody.html

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Green War on Dutch Farmers Should Concern Everybody
American Thinker ^ | 10 Aug, 2022 | James Bascom

Dutch farmers are fighting for nothing less than the survival of modern agriculture as such.

Over the past few months, thousands of Dutch farmers have blocked highways and staged protests. Hundreds have been arrested, and one was even shot at by a police officer. Dutch farmers have been protesting in the streets on and off since 2019.

Why are the farmers so outraged? They’re fighting for nothing less than the survival of modern agriculture as such. In the name of “sustainability” and fighting “pollution,” Green activists are trying to do to agriculture what they have been doing to the power grid and the oil and gas industry. In the name of highly questionable environmental goals, Green activists want to destroy the ability of farms to produce high-quality, abundant, clean, and inexpensive food.

Although the Netherlands has a population of 17 million and is only slightly larger than the U.S. state of Maryland, it is the second-largest agricultural exporter in the world after the United States. Dutch farms produce enormous quantities of beef, pork, dairy products and many other agricultural goods that are sold all over Europe and the world. The Dutch can produce so much food in such a small country thanks to the application of technology to farming methods. Dutch farms are perhaps the most advanced in the world. Thanks to the latest technology, Dutch food is not only plentiful but also inexpensive, efficient, and clean without sacrificing quality.

Green activists claim that this agriculture produces too much pollution and thus must be drastically reduced. At the behest of the European Union and Green groups, the Dutch government is imposing a plan to reduce nitrogen oxide and ammonia pollution by 50% by 2030. If carried out, this draconian plan would force Dutch farmers to reduce their herds by one-third

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/08/the_green_war_on_dutch_farmers_should_concern_everybody.html

The government wants Medieval subsistence farming methods which result in lower crop yields and less food for the people which will result in government induced starvation.  You can only hope that the first to starve to death will be government officials and the police that enforce their edicts.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You people are ignorant. 

Moving on from Covid, the conspiratorial wing of the populist Right has a new cause célèbre on which to hang its fears of global governance and the Great Reset purportedly being plotted by Klaus Schwab from his Alpine lair. This time, it’s Dutch farmers, whose protests against their government’s plans to force them to curb their use of nitrogen-based fertilisers and lower the polluted runoff from their farms has seen them lauded by Right-wing commentators across the Anglosphere as some form of modern peasants’ revolt.

As a recent UnHerd explainer made clear, the Dutch government may have handled the process badly, but the problems are clear enough: the Netherlands’ hyper-intensive form of agriculture is ecologically untenable, severely harming the tiny country’s biodiversity and locking the country’s agricultural sector into a system of overproduction of livestock for export. This entails dangerously low profit margins for farmers themselves, and a system reliant on imports of chemical fertilisers.

Partly as a result of the country’s painful experience of famine during the Second World War, Dutch agriculture has long pursued maximum efficiency, making the Netherlands a food exporting powerhouse second only to the vastly larger United States, but locking farmers into a cycle of dependency on globalised agribusinesses. All of the UK’s problems with intensive farming practices that have lowered farmers’ incomes while harming animal welfare and polluting Britain’s landscape are displayed to a significantly heightened degree in the Netherlands. The country’s food production system relies on what are essentially green factories or giant warehouses for livestock, packing animals together four times more densely than in the UK, rather than the small family farms many outside supporters seem to imagine.

The current system in the Netherlands is simply unsustainable, but the Dutch government’s abrupt approach to solving the problem has turned it into a political crisis. As the Dutch spokesperson for the World Wildlife Fund, Natasja Oerlemans observes, the problems now are “the result of 30 years of inaction, despite all of the scientific reports and warnings”. “We as a society have allowed this broken food system to happen,” she added, “and we are responsible for providing farmers alternatives”.

As the Guardian noted last year, while the Dutch government’s proposals include paying off farmers to reduce production or leave the industry, it also includes billions of Euros of aid designed towards “helping others transition to more extensive (as opposed to intensive) methods of farming, with fewer animals and a bigger area of land”.

The goal of the Dutch government’s proposals is aimed to bring Dutch farming closer in line to British farming, where herds of cows roam freely on wide pastures, and away from the American agribusiness model, where cattle live on feedlots eating imported grain. However badly the transition has been handled — and Dutch farmers should be better supported in their shift to a more sustainable model — this goal is, in itself, a welcome shift towards a better functioning food model. Excitable conservatives of a conspiratorial bent should think carefully about which they prefer: a world of small farms producing high-quality food while shepherding the natural environment, or the continuation of a fragile, globalised food system in hock to giant corporations.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As has often been noted, environmentalism is, for many, a religion. It now appears that it is a religion that demands human sacrifice.

Agricultural productivity depends on fertilizers. The world cannot be fed without them. Yet, when it comes to a tradeoff between carbon dioxide and mass starvation, the “green” left is OK with starvation. Reuters reports:

The European Union is divided on how to help poorer nations fight a growing food crisis and address shortages of fertilisers caused by the war in Ukraine, with some fearing a plan to invest in plants in Africa would clash with EU green goals.

At a summit of EU leaders later this week, the EU was planning a new initiative that would structurally decrease poorer nations’ reliance on Russian fertilisers by helping them develop their own fertiliser plants.

But at a meeting with EU envoys last week, the EU Commission explicitly opposed the text, warning that supporting fertiliser production in developing nations would be inconsistent with the EU energy and environment policies, officials said.

The production of chemical fertilisers has a big impact on the environment and requires large amounts of energy. However they are crucially effective in boosting agriculture output.

Yes. See: Sri Lanka. Green zealots threaten the lives of millions.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-split-over-fertiliser-plants-poorer-nations-food-crisis-bites-2022-06-20/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the way.

AS A WISE COMMUNITY ORGANIZER ADVISES, GET IN THEIR FACES AND PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: 

Farmers’ protest party win shock Dutch vote victory.

The Farmer-citizen movement (BBB) was only set up in 2019 in the wake of widespread farmers’ protests.

But with most votes counted they are due to win 15 of the Senate’s seats with almost 20% of the vote.

“This isn’t normal, but actually it is! It’s all normal citizens who voted,” said leader Caroline van der Plas.

The BBB aims to fight government plans to slash nitrogen emissions harmful to biodiversity by dramatically reducing livestock numbers and buying out thousands of farms.

But its appeal has spread rapidly beyond its rural heartland, on a populist platform that represents traditional, conservative Dutch social and moral values.

Shocked by the scale of their success, Ms van der Plas told supporters that voters normally stayed at home if they lost faith in politics: “But today people have shown they can’t stay at home any longer. We won’t be ignored any more.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64967513

Much more like this please.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem is these folks pushing all this crap don't eat their own cooking.  So round up all the Greenies.  Drop them off on some island.  Then tell them "do what you say".  Adopt your own proposals and make a go of it.  And I'll be back in two years to check on how many of you are still alive.  Good luck and otherwise F off.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More insanity

Now that the totalitarian Dutch government learned they can effectively crack down on our farmers’ property rights, they’re coming after ordinary citizens next:

An insane new Housing Act will allow municipalities to force homeowners to sell their homes ONLY to people with a lower to middle income.

In other words, the government decides who you can sell your own home to and would force you to accept a lower price than the market value, because a “marginalised group” would be making an offer.

How can we even still say we have property rights, when this is our reality? We’re not “losing our rights” we’re straight up already living in a neo-feudal system. 

• 3 weeks later...

Globalist Dutch Government Collapses, PM Mark Rutte Resigns,

as Pro-Farmer Populists Threaten to Upend Establishment in Upcoming Elections

by Kurt Zindulka

The globalist coalition government in The Netherlands collapsed on Friday evening, with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte tendering his resignation to King Willem-Alexander on Saturday, paving the way for elections to be held by November and the possibility of the populist pro-farmer BBB party to come into power. The fourth government of Mark Rutte, 56, the Netherlands’ longest-serving prime minister, collapsed on Friday evening as coalition partners were seemingly incapable of coming to a compromise on the issue of migration and asylum policy. This marks the third time since coming to power in 2010 that a Rutte government failed to complete a full term in office.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/07/08/globalist-dutch-government-collapses-pm-mark-rutte-resigns-as-pro-farmer-populists-threaten-to-upend-political-establishment-in-upcoming-elections/

After Netherlands, Ireland’s Farmers Fight Back Against EU Climate Regulations.

One degree or two warmer won’t kill us. On the contrary. Humans thrive in warm climates.

But not growing food? That will kill us all dead. The “environmentalists” are actually anti-human.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/07/after-netherlands-irelands-farmers-fight-back-against-eu-climate-regulations/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 9:34 AM, Big Blitz said:

As per the tweet - is it true Germany produces 90% of the NO2 and the Dutch farmers very little?  

From 2019:

As the Dutch government tries to comply with a court order to cut nitrogen pollution, (how democratic - but exactly why the left here lost its ***t over the SCOTUS EPA ruling) hundreds of angry farmers hit The Hague in protest.

The country’s highest administrative court in May said government rules for granting construction permits and farming activities that emit large amounts of nitrogen breach EU legislation. Up to 18,000 infrastructure and construction projects have as a result been stalled, including the opening of Lelystad Airport next year. The government is also being advised to cut speed limits to reduce pollution.

But most of the nitrogen that ends up in the environment comes from farms, and they’re being asked to bear the brunt of the costs. Tjeerd de Groot, an MP from the center-left coalition D66 party, proposed reducing nitrogen emissions by halving the country’s livestock population — cutting the number of pigs by 6 million and chickens by 50 million.

https://www.politico.eu/article/netherlands-nitrogen-headache-pollution/

That and as they promised.....you will own nothing and be happy - they don't want us to consume anything remotely close to what we were pre Covid 

Your grocery stores still being out of stuff - the shrinkflation on everything is not a coincidence.....this is what they want you to eat - especially since they want to kill all the chicken and pigs - we already know they don't want you to eat beef.  Fake beef only because Bill Gates said so:

Lol YouTube took down the Nicole Kidman promoting eating bugs video.  

But, we told you……….

You will eat de bugz 

Well here it is:

• 5 months later...

GOOD. FIGHT BACK:  

German Farmers Kick Off Massive Protests Against Policy That Could Threaten Their Livelihoods.

German farmers began a week of protest against the government on Monday to push back against subsidy cuts that they say could put them out of business, according to The Associated Press.

Large convoys of trucks and tractors lined streets all over the country on Monday morning, including in the street leading to Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate, as farmers are standing up to the liberal-green coalition government for its moves to phase out tax breaks for agricultural vehicles and diesel fuel, according to the AP. Farmers are enraged that the government is looking to eliminate the subsidies, a decision which they say would threaten their ability to remain in business.

Germany has spent vast sums of money to facilitate a green energy transition, but the country is still on track to miss its climate targets. Officials also moved to shut down the country’s remaining nuclear plants in April 2023 amid concerns about the long-term adequacy of energy supply, while its gross domestic product is thought to have shrunk in 2023 and expected to show weak growth in 2024, according to International Politics and Society.

Environment and Energy Minister Robert Habeck warned in June that Germany may have no choice but to deliberately diminish its industrial capacity if its current natural gas deal with Russia expires in 2024 without a replacement in place.

The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action did not respond immediately to requests for comment.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/01/08/german-farmers-kick-off-massive-protests-against-policy-that-could-threaten-their-livelihoods/

Back to the thread.

9701cd3a-fb2f-4141-9e96-f36d056f5cac-860

German Farmers Sowing Some Discontent

BEEGE WELBORN  on January 08, 2024

This has been festering for a while – ever since the Greens outsmarted themselves by trying to roll over COVID emergency funds into the the regular budget. But with the ruling from the German Supreme Court on November 15th that Greens could no longer constitutionally touch that €60M they’d already worked into that very same budget, some mad slicing and dicing went on among the 3 disparate parties that make up Olaf Scholz’s warring coalition.

As I said at the time, everything the Germans touched was coming up fahrvergnügies. Unfortunately, good portion of those funds had gone for subsidies to keep German peasants and businesses if not exactly happy about the skyrocketing utility costs of their collective forced march to a Green transition, at least it helped take some of the sting out of it. Worse, the European Union was piling on by applying pressure to stop paying subsidies completely – just throw the populace at large into the wonder of living in a renewable nirvana in one fell, painful swoop. Brussels is pretty convinced the peasants will get over it when they don’t have a choice.

Long Read:  https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2024/01/08/german-farmers-sowing-some-discontent-n603518

Too long for some.

/