The $2 BILLION dollar question: Why would MBS invest in Jared Kushner?

Since I know a lot of you don't read our more reputable sources and prefer to subscribe to an army of self-appointed expert tweeters, here's the key graf from the WSJ story (again):

Kushner had raised the money from Saudi, Emirati and Qatari investors, after presenting himself as a unique business leader able to bridge the region’s economic and cultural divides. To that end, he had secured unique approval from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to invest the kingdom’s money in the Jewish nation for the first time.

Kushner left Tel Aviv last spring without writing any checks. 

More than a year later, while collecting millions in management fees, Kushner says he is just now poised to invest in his first Israeli company.

“Deployment has been slower than expected because we maintained high standards,” Kushner said. “In retrospect, I’m glad we didn’t follow the herd.”

Kushner’s post-White House work has drawn scrutiny from some in Congress who question whether the business arrangement is a Saudi reward for all the work Kushner did in government to advance the kingdom’s interests in Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes.  Concerned about your ability to comprehend reality. 

Reality?

Jared and Ivanka made over $600M while working at the White House; secured trademarks/patents and secured $2 BILLION 6 months after leaving the WH... yet, there is NOTHING to see there.

Meanwhile, the cult is recycling Q garbage as evidence.

You can't make this up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Except the Saudis have seen no monetary return, and have not closed on any investment opportunities Jared has (in theory) brought to them.

On any level, it is a weird deal. And remember: this is the Saudi sovereign wealth fund. In other words, Saudi royal funds. Government funds. Not a private company.

It's wrong to ask about the origins of this curious deal and what exactly Saudi Arabia expects to get out of it?

Its still not equivalent.  Its a publicly disclosed and legal investment into a registered fund. What are the terms and arrangements?  Sure I'm curious but its a private arrangement between two parties and its nobody's business as long as the law is being followed.  Which clearly appears to be the case.  Might there be some ethical questions?  Sure but that's another issue altogether than legal violations.       

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its still not equivalent

Who said it's "equivalent?" 

It is still very shady, and very worthy of investigation.

Yes, some party activists and congressional reps are trying to distract from the Hunter investigation with a "but what about Kushner?"

That doesn't mean Kushner's deals are pure as the driven snow. In fact, in terms of the amount of apparent favors distributed (all disclosed here) the MBS-Kushner deal dwarfs anything Hunter received.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Reality?

Jared and Ivanka made over $600M while working at the White House; secured trademarks/patents and secured $2 BILLION 6 months after leaving the WH... yet, there is NOTHING to see there.

Meanwhile, the cult is recycling Q garbage as evidence.

You can't make this up.

That's still not equivalent to bribes and payoffs.  To this point everything appears to be legal.  Do you have proof these are legal violations?  If we want to discuss and agree there might be some ethical issues we can certainly do that.  if you're on a fishing expedition to find crimes then you're coming up empty.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Who said it's "equivalent?" 

It is still very shady, and very worthy of investigation.

Yes, some party activists and congressional reps are trying to distract from the Hunter investigation with a "but what about Kushner?"

That doesn't mean Kushner's deals are pure as the driven snow. In fact, in terms of the amount of apparent favors distributed (all disclosed here) the MBS-Kushner deal dwarfs anything Hunter received.

File a complaint with the SEC. 

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

that's another issue altogether than legal violations

This is where the Hunter and Jared cases ARE similar. They both depend on the answer to this question: was Burisma (the Saudis) promised something in exchange for payments (immediate or in the future) to a close relative of the President (Vice President)?

23 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're kidding me, right?  Secret payoffs and bribes are completely different from investing in a registered fund.  When you pay bribes you expect favors, when you invest money you expect a monetary return.  What else can I tell you?  

You would think this wouldn't need to be explained.  And no I see that POS Raskin is getting involved.  Meaning there really is nothing there, there.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

You would think this wouldn't need to be explained.  And no I see that POS Raskin is getting involved.  Meaning there really is nothing there, there.

And if the Dems still had the House, there'd be Kushner hearings.

Trump Sr doesn't help matters by his almost romantic attachment to the Saudi regime.

And if the Dems still had the House, there'd be Kushner hearings.

Trump Sr doesn't help matters by his almost romantic attachment to the Saudi regime.

Did he ever fist bump MBS?

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is where the Hunter and Jared cases ARE similar. They both depend on the answer to this question: was Burisma (the Saudis) promised something in exchange for payments (immediate or in the future) to a close relative of the President (Vice President)?

I'm all for answers.  But my problem isn't so much what Jared and Hunter did or didn't do.  Their actions are secondary to the real problem.  My problem is the way the media and political establishments acted and reacted to the stories. 

From the beginning the Kushner/MSB arrangement was scrutinized and questioned.  While the Hunter/Joe Biden story, initiated with the laptop, was painted as some kind of Russian dis-information conspiracy by 51 former IC members, the MSM and social media.  And anybody raising objections or disagreeing with that conclusion got steamrolled.   

I can agree with you that the payments and arrangements need to be clarified in both cases.  But in the case of Biden, the supporting cast of political and media operatives that willfully lied, obstructed, and censored the truth need to be called out on the carpet to provide some real and truthful explanations for flying cover.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Do you have proof these are legal violations? 

Since when do YOU need proof?

On 6/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, All_Pro_Bills said:

As I said on another thread in the world of politics the truth and facts don't matter.  All you need to do is tell a convincing enough story that people will believe. 

Jared received $2B and Steve Mnuchin received $1B after non stop travel to the Middle East on the US dime.

What did they give MBS to receive such an extreme payback?

Def worth exploring.

Yet - you and Karen haven’t been able to provide an ounce of proof about the Biden’s…

Yet you defend Kushner - about it being an arrangement between two parties

27 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

arrangement between two parties and its nobody's business as long as the law is being followed. 

Yet scoring $2 BILLION from MBS; even with objections from MBS’ own fund advisors:

Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/10/us/jared-kushner-saudi-investment-fund.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

On 4/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, aristocrat said:

Ask why hunter got billions from china and Ukraine.  Jared is a private citizen now

With that line of thinking, Hunter was a private citizen the entire time.  He never had a government capacity.  Jared did.  

Both are likely guilty, and both should be prosecuted.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Goal posts moving again - lmao 

That's not moving anything.  

As I said, "the supporting cast of political and media operatives that willfully lied, obstructed, and censored the truth need to be called out on the carpet to provide some real and truthful explanations for flying cover".   What's their quid pro quo?  

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's not moving anything.  

As I said, "the supporting cast of political and media operatives that willfully lied, obstructed, and censored the truth need to be called out on the carpet to provide some real and truthful explanations for flying cover".   What's their quid pro quo?  

Are you talking about the coordinated effort across all right-wing media platforms to coordinate the BIG LIE?

image.thumb.jpeg.2e22f339aeb86e0b246c61163ec8fd23.jpeg

It's all PSYOPs for you.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its still not equivalent.  Its a publicly disclosed and legal investment into a registered fund. What are the terms and arrangements?  Sure I'm curious but its a private arrangement between two parties and its nobody's business as long as the law is being followed.  Which clearly appears to be the case.  Might there be some ethical questions?  Sure but that's another issue altogether than legal violations.       

The iron law of useful idiocy:

Anything remotely in Trump's orbit?

Guilty.

Anything remotely related to useful idiots masters? 

Never enough evidence.

Maybe this is corruption too. But if a foreign entity publicly and overtly investing their money in a firm run by the former presidents son in law, what do you call literally paying a crackhead with no industry expertise whatsoever after which their VP pops actively politically ends a prosecutor investigation into the paying company. 

46 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe this is corruption too. But if a foreign entity publicly and overtly investing their money in a firm run by the former presidents son in law, what do you call literally paying a crackhead with no industry expertise whatsoever after which their VP pops actively politically ends a prosecutor investigation into the paying company. 

Allow me to repeat:

- Hunter Biden should be investigated. By congressional committee AND by the special counsel for violation of the criminal laws. The congressional investigation should be aimed at determining what role Joe Biden played in Hunter's activities and whether he profited from those activities while he was VP.

- Jared Kushner should be investigated, perhaps by the Dem-controlled Senate (since the House won't do it) to determine whether there was/is any quid pro quo for his and his father-in-law's actions while in the White House. There doesn't appear to be any basis for a criminal investigation here, at least not yet.

I know everyone else here seems to think it's an either/or. It isn't. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

With that line of thinking, Hunter was a private citizen the entire time.  He never had a government capacity.  Jared did.  

Both are likely guilty, and both should be prosecuted.

Joe has been in politics for what 50 years? Shouldn’t we hold him to a higher standard? Trump and them were in politics for 5 minutes. You guys simp for a guy who’s exponentially worse on every level and the only response is…but trump. 

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to repeat:

- Hunter Biden should be investigated. By congressional committee AND by the special counsel for violation of the criminal laws. The congressional investigation should be aimed at determining what role Joe Biden played in Hunter's activities and whether he profited from those activities while he was VP.

- Jared Kushner should be investigated, perhaps by the Dem-controlled Senate (since the House won't do it) to determine whether there was/is any quid pro quo for his and his father-in-law's actions while in the White House. There doesn't appear to be any basis for a criminal investigation here, at least not yet.

i dgaf about investigations or whatever. Convicting corruption is nearly impossible, they don’t write emails that say ‘pay my son millions of dollars and I will fire the Ukrainian prosecutor that’s up your ass’

But come the ***** on… shell corporations family members getting direct payments, Biden leveraging foreign aid to fire a prosecutor investigating that company his idiot crackhead son just got a board seat on … a measly Senator salary career guy owning multi million dollar mansions

there’s not smoke here, it’s an inferno. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

But come the ***** on… shell corporations family members getting direct payments, Biden leveraging foreign aid to fire a prosecutor investigating that company his idiot crackhead son just got a board seat on … a measly Senator salary career guy owning multi million dollar mansions

It’s undeniable corruption. 

It smells. That's why I want it to be investigated! I don't know what else to say. Investigate, investigate, try to get evidence on what/how Joe profited and whether Hunter's actions impacted White House decisions (remember, he was VP, not president, so it's not like he was dictating policy).

But what does that have to do with Jared Kushner? Congress doesn't have the resources to look into both at the same time?

• Like (+1) 1

It smells. That's why I want it to be investigated! I don't know what else to say. Investigate, investigate, try to get evidence on what/how Joe profited and whether Hunter's actions impacted White House decisions (remember, he was VP, not president, so it's not like he was dictating policy).

But what does that have to do with Jared Kushner? Congress doesn't have the resources to look into both at the same time?

Dgaf about him either but I suspect if they have a trace of anything there the indictment is already on the way. 

Biden scheme is just soooo egregious. There is no other explanation for the set of known facts…. That doesn’t mean a conviction though, like the oj trial. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Joe has been in politics for what 50 years? Shouldn’t we hold him to a higher standard? Trump and them were in politics for 5 minutes. You guys simp for a guy who’s exponentially worse on every level and the only response is…but trump. 

I don't "simp" for any of them.  They're all garbage.  Most politicians should be in jail for bribes and the like.  I try to call out the hypocrisy like was displayed in the post I replied to. Prosecute Hunter but Jared is a private citizen. 

Hunter is a private citizen, Jared was not.  Both likely deserve jail time.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Allow me to repeat:

What did Trump do for SA during his Presidency?

On 8/31/2023 at 2:04 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Joe stated proudly he got the guy, Shokin,  investigating his son fired using a billion of American dollars, please stop with the question of corruption, he admitted it. Any discussion past that is politics, Trumps kid might be guilty but I have not seen anything obvious. I would not be surprised if he was selling influence but I would like to see the direct connection to Trump as president, or Trump giving improper influence. 

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Joe stated proudly he got the guy, Shokin,  investigating his son fired using a billion of American dollars, please stop with the question of corruption, he admitted it. Any discussion past that is politics, Trumps kid might be guilty but I have not seen anything obvious. I would not be surprised if he was selling influence but I would like to see the direct connection to Trump as president, or Trump giving improper influence. 

Hoax

11 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

They haven’t even dived into it and you can see the precursors that should start an investigation

Liv golf Saudi Arabia

2 billion to Jared Kushner, who has never shown the ability to be working with that kind of money from the Saudi’s

And every time somebody asks these Republican lead committees why they are not looking into Jared Kushner they brush it off faster than bird *****

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They haven’t even dived into it and you can see the precursors that should start an investigation

Liv golf Saudi Arabia

2 billion to Jared Kushner, who has never shown the ability to be working with that kind of money from the Saudi’s

And every time somebody asks these Republican lead committees why they are not looking into Jared Kushner they brush it off faster than bird *****

I am not writing off the Kushner stuff, I just have not seen ANY evidence that links his and Trump's activities once he started with the Saudis. The investigation is good 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Nobody should be off-limits, but you know how a Republican lead house is going to work

I have no problem investigating Hunter Biden if he’s done, offenses prosecute him

But why should Kushner be off-limits?

Yup.  Just like a Dem lead house would.

And who said Kushner is off-limits?  There is nothing stopping them from investigating him.