Drafting a Safety this year might be a luxury pick, but these two players might be worth it:

Special K

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

A safety would be a great big nickel/big dime player and not a healthy scratch 

Getting a Kyle Dugger might allow us to go in a different direction with Edmunds? Is this non-sense? I dunno, but just a thought. Seems like thats Edmunds role if were being honest

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, NoSaint said:

A safety would be a great big nickel/big dime player and not a healthy scratch 

Already have Johnson in a nickel and they aren’t taking Poyer/Hyde off the field for a rookie.  I agree with the people saying mid round have at it.  It’s not a priority right now 

Send to Bean and Mac, geeter done

25. Kaiir Elam  CB Florida

57.  Kyler Gordon CB Washington

89. Nick Cross S Maryland

130. Chasen Hines OG LSU

168. Thayer Munford OG Ohio State

185. Tyquan Thornton WR Baylor

203. Matt Araiza P San Diego State

231. Isaiah Weston WR Northern Iowa

10 minutes ago, 27yanks said:

Send to Bean and Mac, geeter done

25. Kaiir Elam  CB Florida

57.  Kyler Gordon CB Washington

89. Nick Cross S Maryland

130. Chasen Hines OG LSU

168. Thayer Munford OG Ohio State

185. Tyquan Thornton WR Baylor

203. Matt Araiza P San Diego State

231. Isaiah Weston WR Northern Iowa

And yet again we ignore Allen and the offensive side of the ball until the middle of the draft. Is it too much to ask for the Bills to select one premium offensive playmaker with speed? Like, once maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

If they keep Edmunds which I assume they will, then they do not need to add a linebacker.  Therefore a safety in the top 4 picks is fine just not in the first two rounds. They have bigger needs at CB and OL.   CB, OT, WR, S, then get a P.  

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

I'm just glad we're in a position to not have to count on rookies to win now. If they contribute mightily 1st year, great, but Beane has us in a position where we can still build for the future. Near future. Just like our de picks last year.

Almost every team needs to count on a rookie to contribute. Very rare to have what happened in Tampa Bay last year where they returned 22 starters.  Bills have gaping hole at CB#2(that assumes White is ready to go) and OG.  If they let Bates walk that pretty much leaves Ford starting again ant guard.  And that assumes Brown doesn't regress at RT.  The DL looks much improved but there are still issues that Beane needs to address in the draft. He has set himself up well to fill the spots he needs.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

And yet again we ignore Allen and the offensive side of the ball until the middle of the draft. Is it too much to ask for the Bills to select one premium offensive playmaker with speed? Like, once maybe?

Did you watch the KC game?  

Have you seen what they have done this off-season?  They are going to run more and use more two TE sets.  I'm not opposed to drafting a WR.  But they need to address CB and OL as well.  

6 hours ago, buffblue said:

Thorton is a sleeper. Burner

On 3/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one is talking about it but there’s been very little extension talk for our best defensive player last year Jordan Poyer. Heading into the final year of his contract. 

Safety is not a luxury pick.

I think that is why the Bills took Hamlin last draft. He got very limited playing time so it's hard to tell how far along he is in his development.

Safety is a crutial position in this defense, but if Beane got Poyer and Hyde for reasonable contracts back then, he can do it again now that Buffalo is a premier destination.

I would prefer to spend our top draft picks on cb, wr, and og since we've had the most losses at those positions.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

1 hour ago, 27yanks said:

Thorton is a sleeper. Burner

That may be but I'd prefer we don't wait until the 5th round if a blue chipper like Dotson or Olave is available, especially given the recent developments in the WR market.

It's time we up our game and commit to giving our franchise QB some more help. We've addressed the biggest defensive need already with Miller, and the strength of the AFC at the QB position requires that we become even more potent offensively. Pass rush trumps cornerback and we can still find depth on the boundary through a vet FA or trade.

Look at how KC reacted after the Hill trade in signing Valdes Scantling, with still 25 year old Juju also on board. Look at the weapons a guy like Joe Burrow has at his disposal. The Bills need to stop acting like they're the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and give Josh Allen a legit game breaker to work with.

Edited by buffblue

We should throw a dart at Safety with great athletic traits in round 5-7.

Apart from that, I'd rather see CB, WR, and OG addressed once if not twice in the top 4 rounds.

We have issues with the STARTERS at those positions in addition to limited depth.

18 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I believe they need to find a free safety that can cover a lot of ground and can hit because too many explosive plays worked against Buffalo and not deep post but simple screen passes and 5 yard pass plays went the distance against us.

They just don't play defense that way, with traditional strong safety-free safety. They are pretty interchangeable and they are typically in some sort of cover 2/3/or 4 palms coverage. When you play D that way, it is not their job to stop those screens. 

I'm huge JP and MH fans. Both will be 31+ at the beginning of the season though. They need to start grooming the next tandem. Not sure if Jaquan Johnson is that guy. A sneaky concern may be that they lose a step this season, maybe more so JP due to his physical brand.  That's the only reason that I'd say that Dax Hill is a dark horse draft pick. IF he is able to play outside corner like he claims, he could hold that spot for however long, then slide into safety when the time comes. But OTOH, McD/Beane did have to eye to sign Poyer and Hyde from other teams. So I could also see similar signings down the road. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.