Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Tiberius said:

Friends that pay for you $500,000 vacation? Serioulsy, you defending this corruption too? Wow. This is gross corruption. 

Talk about elitism, these people are scum bags 

At least he didn't extort money and payments from Ukraine and then take millions from Chinese interests connected to the CCP.  What we don't know is what the Chinese interests got.  What a scumbags, right?  Yet you call this guy a "great American President".  What are you smoking? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, Doc said:

After seeing how things were going during Barry's first term, I vowed never to vote Dem again.  It's only gotten worse as they've gone even further left and crazy. 

I had voted republican my entire life.  After watching friends and family lose their minds and become consumed with anger the past 6 years, I dont think I want to participate in democracy anymore.  

Democrats’ Forever War On Justice Clarence Thomas Ramps Up

Latest salvo is overblown claim about Justice Thomas not reporting trips on a conservative billionaire’s private jet and visits to his vacation home – but those trips were not reportable until the law was recently changed.

by William A. Jacobson 

Clarence_Thomas_official-e1559069982767.

I think it’s fair to say that there is no one Democrats hate more than Justice Clarence Thomas.

But Trump you shout. Fair enough, but they’ve been hating and attacking Clarence Thomas since 1991, Trump is a relatively new-found object of hate. Also, they hate Trump (and every other potential Republican nominee) because he’s a threat to their political power; they hate Thomas at a much more visceral, gut level, because as a Black conservative he represents a threat to the core of their race-baiting being.

So the war on Clarence Thomas is a forever war. That forever war is energized by Democrats’ frustration that the U.S. Supreme Court is the one major national institution that the left does not control. So what they can’t control, they must destroy.

The latest salvo was fired by ProPublica, in an article about the Thomas’s relationship with conservative donor Harlan Crowe. The article suggests some impropriety, Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire:

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.

For more than two decades, Thomas has accepted luxury trips virtually every year from the Dallas businessman without disclosing them, documents and interviews show….

Sounds bad, huh? Except nothing in the ProPublica article demonstrates that it was unlawful to hop on a friend’s private jet to vacation at his private home.

{snip}

There’s no evidence of a quid pro quo, and Crow had no business before the Supreme Court. Is it really a shock that Justice Thomas hangs out with conservatives?

The left’s assault on the Supreme Court is continuing, and the latest front is the news that Justice Clarence Thomas has a rich friend who has hosted the Justice on his private plane, his yacht, and his vacation resort. That’s it. That’s the story. Yet this non-bombshell has triggered breathless claims that the Court must be investigated, and that Justice Thomas must resign or be impeached. Those demands give away the real political game here….

The ProPublica writers suggest that Justice Thomas may have violated ethics rules, and they quote a couple of cherry-picked ethicists to express their dismay.

But it seems clear that the Court’s rules at the time all of this happened did not require that gifts of personal hospitality be disclosed. This includes the private plane trips. ProPublica fails to make clear to readers that the U.S. Judicial Conference recently changed its rules to require more disclosure. The new rules took effect last month.

Justice Thomas would have been obliged to disclose gifts that posed a conflict of interest involving cases that would be heard by the High Court. But there is no evidence that Mr. Crow has had any such business before the Court, and Mr. Crow says he has “never asked about a pending or lower court case.”

The most ProPublica can come up with is that “Crow has deep connections in conservative politics.” Oh dear….

😆

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/04/democrats-forever-war-on-justice-clarence-thomas-ramps-up/

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democrats’ Forever War On Justice Clarence Thomas Ramps Up

Latest salvo is overblown claim about Justice Thomas not reporting trips on a conservative billionaire’s private jet and visits to his vacation home – but those trips were not reportable until the law was recently changed.

by William A. Jacobson 

Clarence_Thomas_official-e1559069982767.

I think it’s fair to say that there is no one Democrats hate more than Justice Clarence Thomas.

But Trump you shout. Fair enough, but they’ve been hating and attacking Clarence Thomas since 1991, Trump is a relatively new-found object of hate. Also, they hate Trump (and every other potential Republican nominee) because he’s a threat to their political power; they hate Thomas at a much more visceral, gut level, because as a Black conservative he represents a threat to the core of their race-baiting being.

So the war on Clarence Thomas is a forever war. That forever war is energized by Democrats’ frustration that the U.S. Supreme Court is the one major national institution that the left does not control. So what they can’t control, they must destroy.

The latest salvo was fired by ProPublica, in an article about the Thomas’s relationship with conservative donor Harlan Crowe. The article suggests some impropriety, Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire:

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.

For more than two decades, Thomas has accepted luxury trips virtually every year from the Dallas businessman without disclosing them, documents and interviews show….

Sounds bad, huh? Except nothing in the ProPublica article demonstrates that it was unlawful to hop on a friend’s private jet to vacation at his private home.

{snip}

There’s no evidence of a quid pro quo, and Crow had no business before the Supreme Court. Is it really a shock that Justice Thomas hangs out with conservatives?

The left’s assault on the Supreme Court is continuing, and the latest front is the news that Justice Clarence Thomas has a rich friend who has hosted the Justice on his private plane, his yacht, and his vacation resort. That’s it. That’s the story. Yet this non-bombshell has triggered breathless claims that the Court must be investigated, and that Justice Thomas must resign or be impeached. Those demands give away the real political game here….

The ProPublica writers suggest that Justice Thomas may have violated ethics rules, and they quote a couple of cherry-picked ethicists to express their dismay.

But it seems clear that the Court’s rules at the time all of this happened did not require that gifts of personal hospitality be disclosed. This includes the private plane trips. ProPublica fails to make clear to readers that the U.S. Judicial Conference recently changed its rules to require more disclosure. The new rules took effect last month.

Justice Thomas would have been obliged to disclose gifts that posed a conflict of interest involving cases that would be heard by the High Court. But there is no evidence that Mr. Crow has had any such business before the Court, and Mr. Crow says he has “never asked about a pending or lower court case.”

The most ProPublica can come up with is that “Crow has deep connections in conservative politics.” Oh dear….

😆

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/04/democrats-forever-war-on-justice-clarence-thomas-ramps-up/

Still defending this corrupt scum bag? 

$500,000 paid for trip! 

Elitist! Elitist!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/6/2023 at 12:25 PM, BillStime said:

Ditto - I have to complete independence compliance disclosers to my employer EVERY quarter. Just absolutely astonishing what is going on at the SUPREME COURT of the UNITED STATES.

This guy needs to go - NOW.

You have to tell mom how many comic books you buy?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You need a $500,000 vacation Wacka 

I'm retired. Everyday is a vacation now. I go to bed when I'm tired and wake up when my body tells me to.  Can be 6AM or noon.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Sure, but we can at least vote them out. We can't with Thomas. Which is why he should resign in shame

we continue to vote them in, just saying. and will do again in 2024.

but for real, this Clarance Thomas thing is just a long line of the left trying to get him to go away.  

And IRONIC coming from AOC who is still dealing with the fall out of her not putting that tax the rich dress or the cost of the ticket on her 2021 returns and had to pay back the cost of the rest of the gifts she received?  Not the dress though because she says she just barrowed it.

So does old Clarance just pay the vacation cost back and all is forgiven?

25 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

we continue to vote them in, just saying. and will do again in 2024.

but for real, this Clarance Thomas thing is just a long line of the left trying to get him to go away.  

And IRONIC coming from AOC who is still dealing with the fall out of her not putting that tax the rich dress or the cost of the ticket on her 2021 returns and had to pay back the cost of the rest of the gifts she received?  Not the dress though because she says she just barrowed it.

So does old Clarance just pay the vacation cost back and all is forgiven?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d799bded67693efb0f06

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I'm retired. Everyday is a vacation now. I go to bed when I'm tired and wake up when my body tells me to.  Can be 6AM or noon.

Scum bag Thomas's take $500,000 vacations from a political activist who collects nazi memoriablia 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Scum bag Thomas's take $500,000 vacations from a political activist who collects nazi memoriablia 

I'd collect Nazi memorabilia if I could sell it later.

As well as Soviet memorabilia.

That is a vacuous assertion.

Prove Thomas has been dishonest or his views have been tipped by this.

If you can't, shut up and leave a man who has accomplished infinitely more than you ever will alone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, sherpa said:

If you can't, shut up and leave a man who has accomplished infinitely more than you ever will alone. 

He's been bought by a political activist. If you can't see that well you are a blind as I have always thought you were. This is corruption pure and simple. 

And the super wealthy guy is trying to just make a buck off of Nazi stuff? How do you know that? 

I'm assuming you are just pulling that out of your butt 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The actions of his wife alone are GROUNDS FOR HIS EXPULSION.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He's been bought by a political activist. If you can't see that well you are a blind as I have always thought you were. This is corruption pure and simple. 

And the super wealthy guy is trying to just make a buck off of Nazi stuff? How do you know that? 

I'm assuming you are just pulling that out of your butt 

Prove he "has been bought."

Supreme Court Justices publish findings. 

Find evidence of partiality caused by bribery or stop this nonsense.

This is yet another of your baseless crap.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1