Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ask KC if they think CEH was worth the first round pick. Dude is mostly a JAG

He could do that with Duke Johnson too, one of the best receiving backs in the NFL who averages 9.3 YPC for his career.

Any idea why he played so little last year? Looks like he was healthy. Concerning the Jags dumped him only 3 weeks after Etienne went down

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Don't need him to, just gain some yards. That's Allen and Diggs job.

In the pre-salary cap early 90s, we had a HOF QB, a HOF RB, and a HOF WR (in fact, for a while, 2 HOF wideouts).   When Ds focused on stopping Kelly, we hit 'em with Thurman.   When they loaded the box to stop Thurman, Kelly killed them with downfield throws.

But maybe one of the truths of the salary cap era is that it's unrealistic these days to expect a team to excel at running and passing at the same time.  

I don't know if Hall is the guy, but it would be great if would get a Pro Bowl type back on a rookie contract.   To repeat, RB is not my favorite idea for our first pick.  But I do see value in a back who could make defenses respect, fear, and scheme for our rushing attack.   

A good running attack helps open up the pass.  Conversely, a good passing attack helps open up the run.  When you force defenses to defend everything, they usually fail.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ask KC if they think CEH was worth the first round pick. Dude is mostly a JAG

He could do that with Duke Johnson too, one of the best receiving backs in the NFL who averages 9.3 YPC for his career.

CEH is JAG mostly because of injuries. Ask. Burrow if he was JAG when healthy. Hell, ask the Bills if he was JAG when he shred them for 200+

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not at all asking this to be negative.... does anyone else think he doesn't look like 4.39 on tape? He's quick and certainly shifty, but doesn't jump off the screen like you'd think with that time.... anyone else?

You wouldn’t have thought JT28 was that fast either seeing him run

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

CEH is JAG mostly because of injuries. Ask. Burrow if he was JAG when healthy. Hell, ask the Bills if he was JAG when he shred them for 200+

You wouldn’t have thought JT28 was that fast either seeing him run

When the gameplan is to let them run, it's not hard to get that type of yardage. He also fumbled late in the game that would have given the ball to the Bills at the KC 20 that ws overturned by replay because his knee was down a split second before.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

In the pre-salary cap early 90s, we had a HOF QB, a HOF RB, and a HOF WR (in fact, for a while, 2 HOF wideouts).   When Ds focused on stopping Kelly, we hit 'em with Thurman.   When they loaded the box to stop Thurman, Kelly killed them with downfield throws.

But maybe one of the truths of the salary cap era is that it's unrealistic these days to expect a team to excel at running and passing at the same time.  

I don't know if Hall is the guy, but it would be great if would get a Pro Bowl type back on a rookie contract.   To repeat, RB is not my favorite idea for our first pick.  But I do see value in a back who could make defenses respect, fear, and scheme for our rushing attack.   

A good running attack helps open up the pass.  Conversely, a good passing attack helps open up the run.  When you force defenses to defend everything, they usually fail.  

Teams don't really care about running like that anymore for the most part.  Although the Bills were far more effective at running than most people think.  I posted the stats before, the Bills were pretty much an above average running team in most situations between the 20s. It was in the Redzone and especially inside the 10 they bogged down a little

Edited by Big Turk

What if the Bills secure homefield throughout the Playoffs…the weather conditions in WNY aren’t always the best and can be unpredictable in January.  What if the weather conditions are high winds or heavy snow maybe both which limits our passing game and makes us more dependent on our running game…do you have enough confidence in our running game as it stands to get it done in that type of game?  Might not happen but could.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not at all asking this to be negative.... does anyone else think he doesn't look like 4.39 on tape? He's quick and certainly shifty, but doesn't jump off the screen like you'd think with that time.... anyone else?

I also didn’t think he looked super fast on tape, didn’t expect he’d ever run a 4.39. When I watch Kenneth Walker though, he looks a lot faster on tape even though they ran the same 40 time. I’m thinking it’s because smaller guys just look faster? 

The only way we should ever even contemplate drafting a RB this high is if they are a burner with good running instincts/vision, strong in pass pro and most importantly.. are a fluid, elite weapon in the passing game.  

Essentially a counter to the two high safety look.  

I have no idea if Breece Hall is that, but the only way I’m drafting him in RD1, is if he is a guy who’s catching 4-5 passes per game from Allen and making teams pay in the open field. 

21 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I also didn’t think he looked super fast on tape, didn’t expect he’d ever run a 4.39. When I watch Kenneth Walker though, he looks a lot faster on tape even though they ran the same 40 time. I’m thinking it’s because smaller guys just look faster? 

True about speed illusion , Walker is quicker..but Hall is a much bigger and better iinside the tackles runner while possessing great outside speed for his size. 

Edited by Magnum Force

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I said TWO safeties and Sorenson sucked. Do you think they would’ve been able to help out on Diggs if the Bills had a RB that made them scared?

I meant to say two, but was half sleeping.  

I don’t think we need help anywhere but along the OL and WR.  Our offense was fine.   Borderline unstoppable   We had already figured out double high safety and we’re beating it consistently. We need OL 100x more than a RB.  

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They said the same about JT28

Cool.  And despite his play at RB, they missed the playoffs.  So again JUST a RB NOTHING Special......  AND a Second pick

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

When the gameplan is to let them run, it's not hard to get that type of yardage.

Because they thought CEH was JAG. You’re also proving what we are trying to convey. If teams try to take away the passing game, you need a RB that will make them pay. Motor doesn’t have those attributes 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool.  And despite his play at RB, they missed the playoffs.  So again JUST a RB NOTHING Special......  AND a Second pick

Wentz didn’t have anything to do about that, huh? We’ll see how it goes with Matty Ice at control 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because they thought CEH was JAG. You’re also proving what we are trying to convey. If teams try to take away the passing game, you need a RB that will make them pay. Motor doesn’t have those attributes 

True…a good running game or the threat of a good running game sets up and makes your passing game better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1