Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been sold on several rookies.  Many people have been.  

You don’t think anyone should ever be sold on a rookie?  That’s strange.  Being sold on a player doesn’t mean that said player will 💯 be a star, it just means that you loved what you saw and are confidant that they’ll be good players.  

Sold as in sure about he's going to continue being good/bad/same? No, I'm trying to think if I've ever been that sure. I think that's pretty normal. /shrug

EDIT I thought of a very recent one. Jamarr Chase. I'm sold on him no question

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What are the chances he sees the $30 mil in year 6  in 2027? 

Pretty slim…assume this was just included to get the deal over $100m

What are the chances?  Maybe 20%.  He doesn't carry the weight or play with the style JJ Watt,  so he's less likely to break down.

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

What are the chances?  Maybe 20%.  He doesn't carry the weight or play with the style JJ Watt,  so he's less likely to break down.

i say 1%… even in the unlikely event he is still playing then they won’t be paying him that

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure how you can say that.  No one laid so much as a glove on Josh for the last month of the season…oh, and the running was good too.

While it’s true Allen’s supreme athleticism often makes up for the lines poor play, it’s also true the line played much better down the stretch.

Preston Brown a 3rd round pick, coming off a year of no football is inserted into the starting lineup mid season and more than held his own. Brown’s ceiling is sky high and I’m looking forward to watching him improve.

22 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Sold as in sure about he's going to continue being good/bad/same? No, I'm trying to think if I've ever been that sure. I think that's pretty normal. /shrug

EDIT I thought of a very recent one. Jamarr Chase. I'm sold on him no question

Idk what to say except that maybe you should watch more football or stop watching football because you’re not a very good evaluator 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Ok thank you I will decide if I should watch more football or not watch football 

If there’s only been one player you can remember being sold on after their rookie year…..you either don’t watch enough football or aren’t a very good evaluator of talent imo.  

definitely up to you to decide.  I’m just giving free advice.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

i say 1%… even in the unlikely event he is still playing then they won’t be paying him that

Good point.  I think it's quite possible he's playing at a high level, but being willing to pay him is a different question.  Still, if he has 12 sacks in his fifth year, do you let him go? Twelve sacks dont come cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If there’s only been one player you can remember being sold on after their rookie year…..you either don’t watch enough football or aren’t a very good evaluator of talent imo.  

definitely up to you to decide.  I’m just giving free advice.  

Excellent advice ty have a great day 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, julian said:

Preston Brown a 3rd round pick, coming off a year of no football is inserted into the starting lineup mid season and more than held his own. Brown’s ceiling is sky high and I’m looking forward to watching him improve.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Preston Brown to bloom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, julian said:

While it’s true Allen’s supreme athleticism often makes up for the lines poor play, it’s also true the line played much better down the stretch.

Who?

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I can’t find the playoff stats, but he was still the most pressured QB in the last 4 regular season games.

I doubt that.  He wasn’t sacked a single time in those games.  Not once.

I like the swing for the fences. That said I'm very cautious in my expectations for a 33, 34 and 35 year old Von Miller. There have been a couple guys, literally a couple, that have produced 9+ sacks per year averages at those ages since 2000. Jon Abraham and Cameron Wake totaled 31 and 29 sacks respectively in their 33rd, 34th and 35th years. 

What is the general consensus on the sack total's people expect Miller to put up over the next three years? 

The bar is pretty low currently. We haven't had a player total a 10+ sack season since 33 year old Lorenzo Alexander had his career year in 2016. Overall McDermott's Bills defenses don't seem to get a lot of sacks. I guess if Miller could average just around 8 sacks a year for the next three years that would be fantastic production for both this defense and a player of Miller's age.  But are people expecting an average of 10+ sacks a year the next three years?

I also like the addition of Phillips and Lawson on the roster again. The Bills defense totaled the most team sacks of the McDermott era with those two on the roster back in 2019. 

Stathead: Sack leaders ages 33 through 35.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.