How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

54 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Depends if/how the more money take home is as much as the more money they need for everything.

I dont know if the extra 50 bucks in the paycheck helps when rent goes up 400 and groceries double.

Never mind how it puts everyone that was making 50% over minimum, at the wage floor.

And again they are loosing while the GDP and unemployment numbers show growth so the party can claim a win.

But more money would obviously help in paying for all those things 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So does less supply with constant demand. That's what happened 

Duh

Artificial spending and government mandated hourly wages are MORE liquidity. 

And by less supply are you pivoting to regulations on energy production that's driving up that cost even more

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so higher wages made my electric bill higher? 

Do you know anything at all about how an economy works? Anything? 

Yes! Higher wages makes prices go up! What do you think higher wages do? Let me guess: You think the company is just going to eat the pay raise. 😂😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Artificial spending and government mandated hourly wages are MORE liquidity. 

And by less supply are you pivoting to regulations on energy production that's driving up that cost even more

What is artificial about spending? 

Are you seriously denying that supply chain issues were driving prices higher? Wow 

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, of course, obviously more than you do 

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes! Higher wages makes prices go up! What do you think higher wages do? Let me guess: You think the company is just going to eat the pay raise. 😂😂😂😂

Not disagreeing, it's just that higher prices preceded the push for higher wages. Blaming hard working people who get a few more crumbs for all the ills society is pretty elitist of you

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everything's free, free, free!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so higher wages made my electric bill higher? 

Not yet but it will you can bet on that !!

The thing you can't grasp is it's all relative ! If the guy that is working on the electric grid has to pay more for fuel to get back & forth or has to pay more for the electric to cool or heat his home & run his TV the next time they negotiate a contract you can bet you r ass he will ask for more money which will in turn be passed on to you !! 

If minimum wage for flipping burgers or making taco's goes up my 30 years of experience in skilled trades will go up because if i have to pay more to them for making a burger & gas & groceries i will charge more for doing what i have learned in my profession because it takes a lot more brain power .

I have never seen someone work their entire life at McDonalds or other such jobs but i will say if that is what truly makes them happy then go for it that will be a blessing to them & they will to every one they come across .

Working at McDonalds is a menial job or usually a stepping stone for those that are motivated to dream bigger & strive for a better paying job by learning something that has some substance to it if you just pay those folks more that are not motivated you are just helping them to stay complacent so they can go home & play video games or get another tattoo at the end of the week .

Add to that my electric bill went up $40 more dollars per bill not because i'm using any more than i did last year at his time then if i were to get a EV instead of my gas powered one it would over triple due to charging the car every night not to mention if i have a EV truck to haul my tools in that means charging more also .

It's pretty basic economics any way you look at it but if you don't want to see it you never will !! Chichis why the term the blind leading the blind is a popular one when it comes to these things !! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh! Didn't know there was a natural and unnatural economy. Is military spending natural or unnnatural? 

Comprehension is Key.

in a natural/organic economy their would no artificial spending.  

Suggested reading for you would be anything by Thomas Sowell ,Jacob Sollor,  Steven D. Levitt,  Stephen J. Dubner, Milton Friedman or even Adam smith to get an understanding of economics.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Comprehension is Key.

in a natural/organic economy their would no artificial spending.  

Suggested reading for you would be anything by Thomas Sowell ,Jacob Sollor,  Steven D. Levitt,  Stephen J. Dubner, Milton Friedman or even Adam smith to get an understanding of economics.

Is military spending artificial? 

Answer the question, don't just name drop people you probably have not read