Been 5 years since BBMB went down

Another Fan

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And yet.  That super duper prevent defense gets one millisecond faster to Mahomes or stuffs them 3 yards shorter, we're celebrating. 

McD played it like @Gugny plays his first word in Wordle. 😆  Sometimes you get totally boopkiss.  Not many, but sometimes... 

so, we’re counting ifs now? Common man, it was a royal screwup. You know that and so does everyone else with half a 🧠.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Giving up that lead was VERY preventable.  More preventable than a fluke kick return; more preventable than a missed FG.  That's why I consider it worse.  I'm not asking you to agree with me.  I'm simply opining.

It’s a worse collapse than either, but the stakes were not as high. You have to weight both of those factors. A missed 47 yard FG is not shocking, it happens all the time. But if it’s at the end of a Super Bowl, the anguish factor goes up substantially. 

Losing a game like that with 13 seconds left is MUCH harder to even imagine, but it wasn’t even the AFCCG (though it felt like it should have been). 

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Everything in the game is an if or a screwup. They hold them there, they look like geniuses.  They didn't, so they screwed up. 

Protecting the sidelines and giving one of the best QBs in the NFL with elite receiving options the entire middle of the field with plenty of time will never result in being called a genius ... nor will it result in a win.

• Like (+1) 1

I authored an "Ask Tom Donahoe" thread where I played the role of Tom Donahoe and posters would ask me questions. It gained some traction and the ire of our former GM from what wyo told me.

I enjoyed my time there. At the end it was pretty rough. This board is a lot better. Things happen for a reason.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lol.  https://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/03/02/for-fans-whove-used-the-bills-message-board/amp/

For those fans who have inquired about the fate of the Bills message board, which has long been an interactive area for lively conversation about the team, the organization thanks you for your contributions and support of the Buffalo Bills. 

That is a close of a reference that I can find. 

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Do any of the classic BBMB threads still survive via the internet archive wayback machine?  If so, please post a link to a good one!

As far as I know, no. Gregg flipped the switch and that was it... no warning at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.