Do you really want a rookie Offensive Coordinator ?

HOUSE

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Now is not the time to fool around with an experiment hoping the next guy can do the job. This is a high powered offense and defenses around the NFL will come up with new strategy to stop it. There is a learning curve here, do you have the necessary  patience ?

Sure you do.....😁, We are a very forgiving bunch here....:sick:

Enter a rookie OC.....Should I run or pass, how about a trick play, OMG !

image.png.855fa640bcfd2eba2449a085a9d85dfc.png

Sorry Guys, I want an experienced OC with a proven track record. The Next guy needs to be an upgrade over Daboll, not a settled for rookie

Time is wasting away, the window won't be open forever...Rookie coaches are for expansion teams or bottom feeders, not a Superbowl Contender

Well here's a list compiled of who could be the replacement for Dabol & i'm sticking with my pick Dorsey because the rest although have a bunch of experience haven't personally shown me anything that i would be jumping up & down to get them !! 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/24/22899609/5-replacement-options-for-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-ken-dorsey

• Like (+1) 1

I might sound like a broken record, but Dorsey is my pick, this offense is good, really good, now is not the time to bring in an OC that changes the language. 

this might sound crazy…why not offer Palmer a boat load of money to be Allen’s exclusive QB coach…like an obscene amount.  
if that doesn’t work bring in an experienced QB coach (Culley) to be the QB coach…or Peterson as the QB coach/passing game coordinator.

Or worse case Matt Nagy

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

I do not trust McDermott to bring in someone great; if he does, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

It's not too late to swap McD for Sean Payton and let him bring in his guy, plus he's an offensive guy anyway!

Then get Fangio for D and we are all set with an elite coaching staff.

😬

28 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Dorsey does seem like a good option here, but if he does jump ship and goes to NY with Daboll, I agree that it makes sense to go get a OC with plenty of experience, and who has the ability to be creative with all of the weapons that we have on Offense. 

Dorsey is the “safe” option here but the Bills may be thinking bigger now that this role is extremely attractive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

If you want to go "Safe" and "experienced" I like Doug Pederson--has an enormous amount of experience on varying levels and is an aggressive, forward thinking guy.

If you want to go with the "young hot shot promotion" type guy I would take Mike KAFKA from KC.  And that's a double dip, too, as it hopefully makes the Bills better, and upsets the Chiefs all at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, T master said:

Well here's a list compiled of who could be the replacement for Dabol & i'm sticking with my pick Dorsey because the rest although have a bunch of experience haven't personally shown me anything that i would be jumping up & down to get them !! 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/24/22899609/5-replacement-options-for-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-ken-dorsey

Kafka is a guy that I could possibly be sold on. Reid has been pretty high on him...even has blocked him from interviewing for positions in the past. Reid also often gives Kafka the credit for Mahomes's development and it sounds like he did for Mahomes almost what Dorsey did with Allen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/mike-kafka-rumors/amp/

"Reid has often credited Kafka for helping develop Patrick Mahomes, referring to his work with the MVP quarterback in the film room. He’s clearly a valued assistant.

“We’ve all got things [Mahomes] can work on,” said Reid at training camp, via Arrowhead Pride. “We have a list of things and Mike (Kafka) takes him through it and goes down and they study it and make sure he takes steps forward. He has a bunch of things he can work on.”

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Would you hire a young in experienced guy to fix your car, or would you choose a guy that has been working on cars for 20 years?

Just saying

If I had a revolutionary new Tesla, I might hire a guy that is used to working on that Tesla over the guy that's been working on Chylsler LeBarons for a few decades.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cwater10 said:

If I had a revolutionary new Tesla, I might hire a guy that is used to working on that Tesla over the guy that's been working on Chylsler LeBarons for a few decades.

The new guy will skip work for 2 weeks, the old guy would at least show up :doh:

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The new guy will skip work for 2 weeks, the old guy would at least show up :doh:

True, but the new guy will remote into the car's computer and do what he does from Maui while the old guy is chasing his hangover with a few bloody Marys and checking the manual for a couple of days, while yelling at his ex-wife to get off the phone and let him get his work done...  

Kidding aside, I am OK with Dorsey, but also intrigued by fresh set of eyes.  It's a roll of the dice either way.  They mad a good "out of nowhere" hire with Daboll.  I'm gonna trust them to do it again.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably already mentioned but Doug Pederson has been waiting on another HC job and might be interested here. He’s a better OC than HC imo.

I wonder if McDermott would be comfortable with such a strong presence. 

I am intrigued by Pederson myself. 

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If you want to go "Safe" and "experienced" I like Doug Pederson--has an enormous amount of experience on varying levels and is an aggressive, forward thinking guy.

If you want to go with the "young hot shot promotion" type guy I would take Mike KAFKA from KC.  And that's a double dip, too, as it hopefully makes the Bills better, and upsets the Chiefs all at the same time.

I’ve seen Kafka mentioned. Could he be Dorsey’s replacement? Or is that a lateral move? 

A Pederson/Kafka ticket perhaps?

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

1. Josh wants Dorsey.

2. Beane wants to promote from within.

3. Dorsey will run a similar system to Daboll.

4. Dorsey already knows all the players on offense, their skills, and the playbook.

Whether you like it or want it or not, it’s happening. Could we possibly upgrade and get a genius? Yes, but who says Dorsey isn’t that genius? And anybody coming in doesn’t know the players, coaches, playbook, etc., so it’s MORE risky to go with someone external.

I agree with all your points. Where I disagree is that it’s happening. I personally am not sure Dorsey feels ready to take a Super Bowl contending team on his own. It speaks volumes that he’s entertaining going with Daboll to New Jersey. Daboll is his safety net. I would like Dorsey to take over and keep the continuity especially for JA17. It seems like a great offense for him. But I don’t want Dorsey here if he’s not ready. He maybe doing us a favor going to New Jersey 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.