Oh lord he dead

TBBills

Back in the day, we rode three wheelers which were so much less stable than four wheelers which aren't all that safe anyways.   Also helmets were only for girls and old guys.  It's miracle that nobody in my family or friends ended up dead or permanently disabled, although a couple of them came close.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:11 PM, SoTier said:

Back in the day, we rode three wheelers which were so much less stable than four wheelers which aren't all that safe anyways.   Also helmets were only for girls and old guys.  It's miracle that nobody in my family or friends ended up dead or permanently disabled, although a couple of them came close.

We were tougher back then 💪

Friend of mine had a 3-wheeler. I was riding B word with him one day through a field near his house.  One of his rear wheels hits this small log and lifts up the back end a noticeable amount.  He just shrugs and goes "Hm, didn't know that was there." 

On 1/29/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ralonzo said:

Four wheels are better than two

The dreaded "left hand turn" got 'em!

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Friend of mine had a 3-wheeler. I was riding B word with him one day through a field near his house.  One of his rear wheels hits this small log and lifts up the back end a noticeable amount.  He just shrugs and goes "Hm, didn't know that was there." 

hacg2o7hxcpb6scyrtwb.jpg

😊😉 

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s rough

Not really given the context.

Don't run from the police or helicopter... Won't be rough.  Hope they gave the car an "assist." Ain't car's fault, simply making a left turn... How are that to judge a bike exceeding the speed limit by a 100 mph?

Nobody's fault but the runner who thought they could use the bike's acceleration to avoid authorities. 

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not really given the context.

Don't run from the police or helicopter... Won't be rough.  Hope they gave the car an "assist." Ain't car's fault, simply making a left turn... How are that to judge a bike exceeding the speed limit by a 100 mph?

Nobody's fault but the runner who thought they could use the bike's acceleration to avoid authorities. 

I was not assigning blame.  The needlessly watching someone die part was rough.  Lots of people - especially young people - do stupid stuff, though I didn’t realize he was fleeing authorities.  The speed indicator made me think it was a traffic helicopter, but it makes more sense.  And I’m also sad for the person in the car.  It wasn’t their fault, but they still were in an accident where someone died horrifically right in front of their eyes.

• Agree 1

Finally watched this one.

LMFAO!

"Slow down Pee Wee! Oh Lordy!"

On 1/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, BuffaloBill said:

A lady I work with had a son who suffered a severe accident on a four wheeler. He became paralyzed and ultimately died. A hugely sad situation. 

The problem with these types of vehicles is they have enormously high CGs, they have extremely short wheelbases, and they have incredibly soft suspensions and balloon tires for off-road use.

I.E., they are just dying to flip, tip over, and go out of control.

On top of that, some of them have quite a bit of power.  And then they are ridden, often, by people looking to have fun who have never had a proper performance driving school in their lives, and have no idea of the basic physics affecting driving dynamics.

I have no idea what the death rate on these things is each year in the USA, but I assume it's relatively high.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The problem with these types of vehicles is they have enormously high CGs, they have extremely short wheelbases, and they have incredibly soft suspensions and balloon tires for off-road use.

I.E., they are just dying to flip, tip over, and go out of control.

On top of that, some of them have quite a bit of power.  And then they are ridden, often, by people looking to have fun who have never had a proper performance driving school in their lives, and have no idea of the basic physics affecting driving dynamics.

I have no idea what the death rate on these things is each year in the USA, but I assume it's relatively high.

ATVs have significantly more power today than they had back in the 1980s.  I think what keeps the death rate down are helmet requirements and the higher percentage used as "working" machines used by farmers, gas well maintenance workers, loggers, etc.  There are a lot more middle age and older riders, too.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.