Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire

Tiberius

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Racist? How many black woman are on the court? If there were no white men it would probably be a demand that there was one. That would be fine.  It's because of racism there are no black women on the court.

Talk radio? Oh really? Is there anything less credible than that?

Anything??

Why a black woman over a Native American? Or an Asian American? Seems racist to leave them out. No?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Racist? How many black woman are on the court? If there were no white men it would probably be a demand that there was one. That would be fine.  It's because of racism there are no black women on the court.

Anything??

Keep calm Tibs. I didn't say it was credible. I only said it was being discussed. R E L A X! 

But....as with so many things...why does the very mention of it get under your skin?

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I dream of a day when a man  person is judged by the quality of their work not the color of their skin. 

FIFY….I mean you almost had it!

Edited by TH3

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Anything??

Let's not make it about race or sex

I guarantee if you check the ethnicities of every judge across America.. the overwhelmingly are probably white and male.. 

There's probably not many black women judges. It's probably a really really small minority 

Why no indian supreme court justices?

It is completely and totally irrelevant the color or gender of a liberal let alone a liberal justice.  

They all think and vote the exact same way.   

This is good news because it is the clearest sign yet the Democrats and their face masks are going to get wiped into the ash heap of history in November and again in 2024. 

No need to be mad about Breyer; had Trump won and be getting blamed for literally everything right now that the Democrats broke thus giving us no chance in 2024, he just would have stayed on the court until then.  

Let them continue to implode.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It is completely and totally irrelevant the color or gender of a liberal let alone a liberal justice.  

They all think and vote the exact same way.   

This is good news because it is the clearest sign yet the Democrats and their face masks are going to get wiped into the ash heap of history in November and again in 2024. 

No need to be mad about Breyer; had Trump won and be getting blamed for literally everything right now that the Democrats broke thus giving us no chance in 2024, he just would have stayed on the court until then.  

Let them continue to implode.  

And the conservative 5+1 don’t think in lock step?

I mean do you guys have a smidge of self awareness?

BTW….please give us 3 good “conservative” decisions of the last 20 years and how they have helped our country

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TH3 said:

BTW….please give us 3 good “conservative” decisions of the last 20 years and how they have helped our country

With all due respect, I believe you’re missing the point. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TH3 said:

How did Roberts go on ACA?   

What did Kavanaugh and Roberts just decide with the health worker mandate?

Where have the liberals broke like that in the last 10 years?   

Off top of my head - Heller saved the 2nd amendment and every liberal on the court sided with the DC law.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TH3 said:

The liberals appointed to the USSC ever since Earl Warren took the center seat have been unmitigated disasters.

• Like (+1) 1

I guess the real question is where are they going to find a black woman who is baptized into the Roman Catholic Church?

Tbh I'm not sure if black jew or black catholic is a tougher ask.

I'm just so confused as to the lack of backlash of a President basing his picks (VP/SCOTUS) on race and gender.   Wouldn't it have more of an impact anyway if he just did it and not telegraphed it?  Are people really this stupid/gullible?   Rhetorical question BTW. 

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm just so confused as to the lack of backlash of a President basing his picks (VP/SCOTUS) on race and gender.   Wouldn't it have more of an impact anyway if he just did it and not telegraphed it?  Are people really this stupid/gullible?   Rhetorical question BTW. 

I’ll answer it. We have come so far from judging people by the content of their character instead of by the color of their skin that that phrase could just as well have been written on the Dead Sea Scrolls. 

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

How did Roberts go on ACA?   

What did Kavanaugh and Roberts just decide with the health worker mandate?

Where have the liberals broke like that in the last 10 years?   

Off top of my head - Heller saved the 2nd amendment and every liberal on the court sided with the DC law.  

Roberts went with the liberals...so not a "conservative" decision

Same with Kav and Roberts on the HC mandate...they went with liberals.

"Saving the second amemndement"...Great....we have the most guns and the most gun violence....

I'll help you with the bigger "conservative" decisions:

- Citizens United: Overturned bipartisan legislation regulating election $$. National elections have been a shtshow ever since. Perfect example of activist bench.

- Gutting the Voting Rights Act: Again...Overwhleming bipartison legislation overturned by activisit bench. Ever since - states on goofing with voting structures...good times

Now they are going to overturn RvW...awesome...60-70 percent of the US doesn't want this. They upheld gerrymandering....greeeattt.

The bottom line is thanks to Mitch and the Orange Menace...We now have a GOP shill Scotus majority that is literally going to take any POTUS directive and any new or old Congressional Legiislation or any previous SCOTUS decisions that don't line up with the "conservative" thought process and shamelessly overturn them. 

The problem is...most of these go against the will of the people and are just plan bad decisions.