Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What a scum bag.

I hope we get an atheist, black women on the court.

I hope we get one who understands the Constitution and makes fair decisions regardless of race, gender, religious beliefs or political affiliation. 

🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Senate deposes. As everyone knows, I made it clear that my first choice for the Supreme Court will make history as the first African American woman justice. But I’ll consult with senators in both parties about that pick, as well as the legal and civil leaders in our country...."

From Joe Biden Philadelphia Speech Transcript Sept. 20, 2021

Prof. Ann Althouse :  "I blogged on September 20, 2020, after Biden gave 3 reasons why he would not, like Trump, give voters a list from which he'd choose his Supreme Court nominees."

The 3 reasons were:

1. "Putting a judge’s name on a list like that could influence that person’s decision making as a judge, and that would be wrong, or at least create the perception that it would have influence."

2. "Anyone put on a list like that under these circumstances will be subject to unrelenting political attacks."

3. "If I win, I’ll make my choice for the Supreme Court not based on a partisan election campaign, but on what prior presidents have done.... [A]fter consulting Democrats and Republicans in the United States Senate and seeking their advice and asking for the consent... ... I’ll consult with senators in both parties about that pick, as well as the legal and civil leaders in our country...."

How is it not racist and sexist that Demented Biden was instructed by the DNC, and said, in advance, that he was going to nominate a black woman for the Supreme Court?  Demented Biden and his communist buddies are a racist *****s  What a mess.

Edited by Irv

A liberal justice will be replaced by a liberal justice and will in no way reshape the makeup of the court

but hey, little victories for the Democrat Party,  I guess.

They will.

In fact, I have little doubt that there are some Republican Senators who will vote for anyone that Biden nominates, no matter how extreme.

2 hours ago, Irv said:

How is it not racist and sexist that Demented Biden was instructed by the DNC, and said, in advance, that he was going to nominate a black woman for the Supreme Court?  Demented Biden and his communist buddies are a racist *****s  What a mess.

Racist? How many black woman are on the court? If there were no white men it would probably be a demand that there was one. That would be fine.  It's because of racism there are no black women on the court.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

On talk radio out here in LA they're speculating that Joe picks Kamala for the Court just to get her out of his hair.

Talk radio? Oh really? Is there anything less credible than that?

Anything??