New England Patriots let contracts expire for 12 practice squad players without futures deals

HOUSE

Bill Belichick let a dozen practice squad deals expire on Monday without signing the players to futures contracts, per the NFL transaction wire.

That means they’re all due to hit free agency on March 16.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2022/01/patriots-let-contracts-expire-for-12-practice-squad-players-without-futures-deals.html

DB De’Vante Bausby

DB D.J. Daniel

DB Sean Davis

DT Daniel Ekuale

C James Ferentz

TE Matt LaCosse

DB Cre’von LeBlanc

DT Bill Murray

G Alex Redmond

LB La’Roy Reynolds

DB D’Angelo Ross

WR Jaylen Smith

Edited by HOUSE
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• HOUSE changed the title to New England Patriots let contracts expire for 12 practice squad players without futures deals
1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Bill Belichick let a dozen practice squad deals expire on Monday without signing the players to futures contracts, per the NFL transaction wire.

That means they’re all due to hit free agency on March 16.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2022/01/patriots-let-contracts-expire-for-12-practice-squad-players-without-futures-deals.html

DB De’Vante Bausby

DB D.J. Daniel

DB Sean Davis

DT Daniel Ekuale

C James Ferentz

TE Matt LaCosse

DB Cre’von LeBlanc

DT Bill Murray

G Alex Redmond

LB La’Roy Reynolds

DB D’Angelo Ross

WR Jaylen Smith

They're practice squad players. They could be signed by anyone anyway.

Bill the GM has ruined the Patriots.  His drafting has been terrible.  His college scouting as a whole, has been sub par for about a decade.  Makes sense because he only wants to coach veterans.  

Edited by Mat68

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Notice you didn't include Mac Jones in that list.🤔🤔🤔😂😂

I didn’t want to start THAT conversation again. Besides if I am being honest to soon judge which way he will go.  Besides I want him to have what every top 8 team this year had a true #1 WR. Every team had that in the division round.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Bill the GM has ruined the Patriots.  His drafting has been terrible.  His college scouting as a whole, has been sub par for about a decade.

Very True, but Harder find good players drafting 28-32 than say top 10. (Note this is not meaning the bills I mean in general it is just basically harder to hit)

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I didn’t want to start THAT conversation again. Besides if I am being honest to soon judge which way he will go.  Besides I want him to have what every top 8 team this year had a true #1 WR. Every team had that in the division round.

Valid,  Bourne is really solid. Like a Deebo. At the risk of starting an argument, Mac Jones is alright. I don't think he'll ever reach the hype that the media made during their win streak...however he's not as bad as most teams fans make him out to be. Solidly in the middle of those 2 opinions. He's likely a guy you can win with as long as he has a good team around him. And he's miles ahead of anything the Jets have. 😂

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Very True, but Harder find good players drafting 28-32 than say top 10. (Note this is not meaning the bills I mean in general it is just basically harder to hit)

I can instantly think of Pitts and Baltimore as 2 teams who have drafted the back half of the first rd for as long who imo have better rosters.  Routinely, cycle through guys who look like Ravens and Steelers.  Ne imo has fallen off.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.