Message to the Chiefs: See You Next Year, We Got A Manchild Coming!

Victory Formation

Look, I’m as salty as anyone. I feel like if Buffalo beat the Chiefs we would have easily won the Super Bowl this year, but what happened to our Bills isn’t something that’s exclusive only to Buffalo. Let’s try not to make it out to be like we’re some cursed team and woe me! 

It isn’t like this is something that’s new to the NFL. How long did the Cowboys get whooped on by the 49ers before they finally broke free and won three rings? How long did Elway, Aikman and Young have to battle through big losses before they finally won one?  And what a great group of guys to lump Allen in with, he’s going into his 5th year and the whole league is starting to recognize that Josh Allen is a prolific player and in 10-15 years this guy will be in the hall. I would be upset if we were a team like the Titans or the 49ers and this was our last shot, but Bills fans please bear this in mind, a true QB is hard to find. We have another 10-15 cracks at this.

The Bills/Chiefs rivalry reminds me SO much of the 49ers/Cowboys rivalry in the early to mid 90s. The Chiefs are like our big brother and in order for us to get a ring, we got to go through them, but let’s not act like this is impossible. I don’t care who you are or how good your team is, this is the NFL, you’re going to get whooped occasionally, every team in the NFL does. 

How many times did Elway get knocked down before he won two back-to-back Super Bowls? He lost two Super Bowls in 87 and 88 (sound familiar?) but the dude did not give up, he kept on fighting for 10 years after that before finally winning TWO right before he retired! Bottom line is, even WINNERS get knocked down. The ONLY way you’re a loser is if you don’t get back up again.

My message to the Chiefs: See you again next year, we got a man child coming.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Look, I’m as salty as anyone. I feel like if Buffalo beat the Chiefs we would have easily won the Super Bowl this year, but what happened to our Bills isn’t something that’s exclusive only to Buffalo. Let’s try not to make it out to be like we’re some cursed team and woe me! 

It isn’t like this is something that’s new to the NFL. How long did the Cowboys get whooped on by the 49ers before they finally broke free and won three rings? How long did Elway, Aikman and Young have to battle through big losses before they finally won one?  And what a great group of guys to lump Allen in with, he’s going into his 5th year and the whole league is starting to recognize that Josh Allen is a prolific player and in 10-15 years this guy will be in the hall. I would be upset if we were a team like the Titans or the 49ers and this was our last shot, but Bills fans please bear this in mind, a true QB is hard to find. We have another 10-15 cracks at this.

The Bills/Chiefs rivalry reminds me SO much of the 49ers/Cowboys rivalry in the early to mid 90s. The Chiefs are like our big brother and in order for us to get a ring, we got to go through them, but let’s not act like this is impossible. I don’t care who you are or how good your team is, this is the NFL, you’re going to get whooped occasionally, every team in the NFL does. 

How many times did Elway get knocked down before he won two back-to-back Super Bowls? He lost two Super Bowls in 87 and 88 (sound familiar?) but the dude did not give up, he kept on fighting for 10 years after that before finally winning TWO right before he retired! Bottom line is, even WINNERS get knocked down. The ONLY way you’re a loser is if you don’t get back up again.

“I saw a man get beat like no man I ever saw before and the man…kept…coming…after you.” 

Allen is an assassin. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Best think the Bills can do is retool their defence,  hire a new defensive cordinator who brings an attacking style defence. This. bend but don't break type of defence is just not good enough to win come playoff time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

No doubt Allen would’ve sacked Mahomie on the last drive in OT if he’d been allowed to play D. I’m only partially kidding. 🤔

I think it's an accurate statement. I'm convinced there's nothing the kid can't do on a football field. I can't believe the that WE, the Buffalo Bills, were the one that found and drafted the unicorn QB. 

On a side note, at this time I would like to thank the Browns, Giants, Jets, the Browns again, Broncos & the Colts. Without your ineptitude none of this would've been possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

And what the Niners and Cowboys both did back then was draft and hit free agency with beating the other.  They would even steal each other’s key free agents.   Now, we can say that the Bills did approach their roster construction to beat KC by having LBs that are good in pass coverage but we saw how that unit failed when there were physical opponents who ran the ball well.  As has already been frequently mentioned, the defense needs more speed.  There aren’t many humans as fast as Tyreek  Hill but you have to at least be close.  I love our safety tandem but they have shown to be not fast enough.  I thought Edmunds was an athletic freak.  I didn’t see him running players down from behind much.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think it's an accurate statement. I'm convinced there's nothing the kid can't do on a football field. I can't believe the that WE, the Buffalo Bills, were the one that found and drafted the unicorn QB. 

On a side note, at this time I would like to thank the Browns, Giants, Jets, the Browns again, Broncos & the Colts. Without your ineptitude none of this would've been possible.

I remember watching the 2018 draft with friends and another Bills fan standing next to me when the Bills took Allen.  Neither of us were too excited about that choice.  

Edited by BobbyC81

22 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Best think the Bills can do is retool their defence,  hire a new defensive cordinator who brings an attacking style defence. This. bend but don't break type of defence is just not good enough to win come playoff time.

Yessir! I couldn’t agree more. 🤝

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Just please for God's sake support Allen with personnel and better coaching so we don't waste him.

Allen should get us a minimum of 3 Super Bowls. I firmly believe that. But it requires better situational coaching.

I agree.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We didn’t close the gap yet with the Chiefs but we certainly got closer.  I’m really excited for the future, we may have something legendary growing right because us.  He’s forming into the greatest dual threat ever.  I certainly don’t think 1,000 rushing/4,000 passing is out of the question.

please no 1K rushing.  Not good.  Would rather have a 1K RB next year!  Add the 1K rushing for Allen into 5K passing.  

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Good examples! As I have recently said, Brett Favre and the Packers also lost three straight times in the playoffs at Dallas from 1993-95 (plus, an additional four straight times in the regular season to them), before winning the SB in 1996.

Is next year finally the charm for us? Perseverance!

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.