Fail Proof: 13 second strategy: For Dummies

dabillz

Scenario: Kicking off up 3 with 13 seconds left.

100% Fail Proof strategy for dummies:

1.  Kick the ball out the back of the end zone.

2.  1st down at 25 w/ 13 seconds:  Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass. 

Penalty-holding defense- 5 yard penalty-

3.  1st down at 30 with 8 seconds:. Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass.  

Penalty-holding defense-5 yard penalty

4.  1st down at the 35 with 4 seconds: Knock down the Hail Mary.

5.  Host AFC Championship vs. Bengals

6.  Win 1st Superbowl vs Rams

7.  No longer losers.

Edited by dabillz
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, dabillz said:

2.  1st down at 25 w/ 13 seconds:  Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass. 

3.  1st down at 30 with 8 seconds:. Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass.  

7.  No longer losers.

I honestly said basically the same thing to my wife before the Chiefs lined up at the 25. Just take defensive holding penalties until the clock runs out! Tackle the guys at the LOS if need be. Although I would have squib kicked that kickoff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

What ya talking about?  They did go for 2 so that they would be up by 3 after the last TD

No that was to go up 29-26. When the Bills scored with 14 seconds left it is was 35-33. I don't agree with going for 2 on that play though. Chiefs return it and it's tied. Chiefs potentially can win with the FG.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

What ya talking about?  They did go for 2 so that they would be up by 3 after the last TD

Not on last TD 

Just now, dma0034 said:

No that was to go up 29-26. When the Bills scored with 14 seconds left it is was 35-33. I don't agree with going for 2 on that play though. Chiefs return it and it's tied. Chiefs potentially can win with the FG.

Rather lose that way making them score a TD a if ya get the 2 than lose because of a coin flip!

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Josh says Heads instead of Tails and we may be feeling a different kind of way right now

OT in playoffs needs to be changed each team should get a possession and if still tied first score wins

Edited by Xwnyer
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

OT in playoffs needs to be changed each team should get a possession and if still tied first score wins

Now that becomes tricky. Lets say that was the rule right now. Bills get the ball back and score. You realistically have to go for 2 because you can't risk giving the ball back to the Chiefs and the entire game comes down to that.

Imo: Each team gets one possession to score. If both teams score it goes to a Hockey Shootout type. Start at the 2 yard line and see who scores (only one play) and these stats don't count towards TDs or anything. Move it two yards after every successful conversion.

So:

Chiefs have the ball at the 2: score

Bills have the ball at the 2: score

Chiefs now have the ball at the 4

I honestly think it's the only way it's fair

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Another 15 minute quarter would be the fairest way to settle things when it is all on the line in the playoffs 

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, dabillz said:

7.  No longer losers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

Your scenario would have gave the chefs the ball at our 45 with no clock or timeouts used. 

Let's do one that doesn't make us look like dummies now. 

1. Kick ball high and just short of goal line forcing a return. You know like we've done all year long. 

2. Play the cover two defense you've played all game long except only rush one or two or just have them spy the QB. 

3. Double hill and Kelce. 

4. Celebrate good times come on 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

Your scenario would have gave the chefs the ball at our 45 with no clock or timeouts used. 

Let's do one that doesn't make us look like dummies now. 

1. Kick ball high and just short of goal line forcing a return. You know like we've done all year long. 

2. Play the cover two defense you've played all game long except only rush one or two or just have them spy the QB. 

3. Double hill and Kelce. 

4. Celebrate good times come on 

Good clarification.  Wasn't aware of that rule as I had thought of the exact same strategy.  I guess I should get some sleep....

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.