These threads are unbearable after losses

CorkScrewHill

This was our year.  Just don’t let them get two huge freaking chunk plays in 13 seconds and we’re going to the Super Bowl.  (There‘s no way we were losing the AFC Championship Game at home to Cinci).

I know, I know. For the 57th year consecutive… “there’s always next year!”

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Bean failed miserably on this D.  Total failure, and failure by Frazier to go into prevent.  I'd make the D take a bus home.  They failed the team.  

yeah, shutting down stuff you disagree with?  

Congrats on convincing yourself that you’re important enough to be a victim of cancel culture.

Because it’s definitely not that you’re weirdly aggressive with absolutely poop takes that add very little to the conversation.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Mango said:

Congrats on convincing yourself that you’re important enough to be a victim of cancel culture.

Because it’s definitely not that you’re weirdly aggressive with absolutely poop takes that add very little to the conversation.

you have added literally nothing here all night, congrats on that.  

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

So its cool we blew a lead with 13 seconds left? its unheard of in football outside of a kickoff return like music city miracle... The defensive gameplan was ***** and it should be talked about. the special teams play to not squib to kill some clock should also be discussed. This should have been a W and the bills hosting afc championship. IT doesnt mean much to casual fans i suppose, but to us die hard bleed red white and blue bills fans it means a ton. Sure we will be back for years to come but no one should be ok with this loss....

Talking is great … I agree a mistake was made .. but does that negate 5 years of great football. Let’s fire everyone says all losing organizations 

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

This was our year.  Just don’t let them get two huge freaking chunk plays in 13 seconds and we’re going to the Super Bowl.  (There‘s no way we were losing the AFC Championship Game at home to Cinci).

I know, I know. For the 57th year consecutive… “there’s always next year!”

problem is, there isn't always next year.   I'm sure the Dolphins thought they would eventually beat us after getting to the SB in Marino's rookie year.  Never happened again.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

having a franchise QB gives you a chance.  It's wonderful after the last 17 years.  But it's going to get very infuriating if Bean can't figure out how to build a D that can stop other teams, esp. in crunch time.  Otherwise, we won't win a single thing.  

Offense needs a couple more tools and the defense needs a killer on the line. This is the current window and to me this really felt like the year to get it done. I assume it's open with 17 for a while. The loss sucks but let's trust the guys that have provided the elite level of football we have. Beane needs to kill it this off-season. Lots of coaches and players changing. Add that to the first place schedule and we're in for a battle next year. Not to mention the emergence of Burrows and Herbert.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Talking is great … I agree a mistake was made .. but does that negate 5 years of great football. Let’s fire everyone says all losing organizations 

losing in the playoffs, similar to 90's Dolphins.  I agree not fire everyone, but Frazier's D's have been bad for the last 2 years, and Bean--while he won't be fired, had better nail this draft and offseason.  Because we are so close, right now, and Bean failed this past offseason.  

Edited by RyanC883

Just now, RyanC883 said:

problem is, there isn't always next year.   I'm sure the Dolphins thought they would eventually beat us after getting to the SB in Marino's rookie year.  Never happened again.  

yep, exactly.  I was saying that tongue-in-cheek.

Conventional wisdom says we should be a contender as long as we have Allen, but… you never know.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalosouth said:

Offense needs a couple more tools and the defense needs a killer on the line. This is the current window and to me this really felt like the year to get it done. I assume it's open with 17 for a while. The loss sucks but let's trust the guys that have provided the elite level of football we have. Beane needs to kill it this off-season. Lots of coaches and players changing. Add that to the first place schedule and we're in for a battle next year. Not to mention the emergence of Burrows and Herbert.

100% agree.  Esp. with Bean.  He added NOTHING from last year's team, and look at the result.  He adds nothing again and he should be gone. Frankly, I'd ditch him now, but one more try, okay.  

Disagree. People have every right to be upset.

Feel like McDermott & Leslie Frazier owe us an apology for how that final 1.5 mins & OT went.

13 seconds left - 

*No Squib kick, no chance of return... just a touchback to preserve as much clock as possible

*Put your guys in prevent, defending the sidelines when the Chiefs have 3 timeouts

*Decide not to just rush 3 & drop everyone else into coverage...

Why? You knew they had to pass, why not do everything you can to defend it?

Instead, Chiefs easily march right into FG range with little effort & no resistance... using only 10 seconds of game time.

Yeah, fans have every right to be upset. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

And honestly, look at the Pegula’s with the Sabres. Changing of the guard should be terrifying for everybody in Buffalo. 

The Sabres are horrible and watching them is like being in a crawl space you only want to be there for so long before you go get some fresh air.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

The defense never carried this team. Thats a bad take. The overrated defense took advantage of backup and rookie qb's with piss poor offenses. Offense carried this team 

Everybody plays some crappy teams .. losing Tre was crushing but they still were #1 D … fine with an asterisk of maybe some was the result of some of the teams we played. KCs defense got torched as well. Any D was going to look bad against Josh and Mahomes tonight

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

So you’ll just pull a random stat about one QB who didn’t go back to a Super Bowl?

How many years did it take Manning, Elway and Brees to win Super Bowls?

26 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

We sucked for 17 years. By November we were strategizing on draft picks …

we now have gone to the playoffs 4 of 5 years. we have a superstar quarterback, a very solid defense that carried this team most of the year - and anytime we lose TBD spews more hate at our team than the network talking heads. Enjoy what should be a tremendous number of years. It has been a great ride and look forward to where we are headed … GO BILLS. 

This is a way for people to vent... don't like it then... Go Alec Baldwin GIF

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

yeah i don't agree with firing anyone. I do kinda hope both coordinators are gone next year so we can get a bit of a refresh. McD will be fine. Hes a good couch and will learn from this. the 4th down tries i loved. hes getting some guts. just has to fine tweak some things and all will be good.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.