These threads are unbearable after losses

CorkScrewHill

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I understand your point but that also takes away a lot of the emotion of the whole experience, which is a big part of the fun.

In another month or 2, I won't even be thinking about NFL football!

So should I walk away from this forum for 2 months?  

What's the point of that?  I want to discuss what happened!

Most of us are die hard fans and our emotions go as our team goes on gamedays, and I don't think most posters here object to the desire to discuss the game or even to just vent their frustrations.

I think this is more aimed at those handful of "glass always empty" posters (whose volume of posts seem to exponentially rise after losses), that take over this board with their irrational thoughts and childlike tantrums that make it almost unbearable to read through legitimate posts or try to engage in constructive dialogue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

having a franchise QB gives you a chance.  It's wonderful after the last 17 years.  But it's going to get very infuriating if Bean can't figure out how to build a D that can stop other teams, esp. in crunch time.  Otherwise, we won't win a single thing.  

we have 90s Dolphins written all over us right now.  Need to get pass the Grim Reeper. This one really sucks

16 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

We sucked for 17 years. By November we were strategizing on draft picks …

we now have gone to the playoffs 4 of 5 years. we have a superstar quarterback, a very solid defense that carried this team most of the year - and anytime we lose TBD spews more hate at our team than the network talking heads. Enjoy what should be a tremendous number of years. It has been a great ride and look forward to where we are headed … GO BILLS. 

Wait a minute, don't be thankful for mediocrity. We had a home championship game against a very beatable opponent in our grasp and poor coaching decisions snatched our 1st SB in almost 3 decades. My kids and my grandson are inconsolable. I put them into this meat grinder. Don't ask passionate fans who live and die with this team to be thankful for losing.

we now have gone to the playoffs 4 of 5 years. we have a superstar quarterback, a very solid defense that carried this team most of the year - and anytime we lose TBD spews more hate at our team than the network talking heads. Enjoy what should be a tremendous number of years. It has been a great ride and look forward to where we are headed … GO BILLS. 

What is the absolute dumbest part of it...people are raging about McD and the coaches demanding they be fired for wasting what they felt was a sure fire SB birth and probable victory had we beaten the Chiefs.

YET:  The same people starting threads or in threads saying Beane sucks and is the problem.

So we are a SB worth team and roster in one thread...in the next our GM sucks and cant build a team (even though this SB worthy team was literally built by him).  

Like make up your mind and stay in one lane lmao

Its funny how many people around here don't even understand how little sense they make.  

Shut up and don’t read them. This was the worst loss in Buffalo history because it was the result of multiple horrendous coaching choices with13 seconds left. Norwood didn’t choose to miss his kick. Let people vent/grieve the way they want. 

Go watch Ozark there are new episodes. No one is forcing you to read this message board. 

Also, the “playoffs 4 out of 5 years” line is getting old. Wanna know why? Because it’s said every time McDermott screws up and people have to defend him. It is said a lot, meaning he screws up a lot. 

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Shut up and don’t read them. This was the worst loss in Buffalo history because it was the result of multiple horrendous coaching choices with13 seconds left. Norwood didn’t choose to miss his kick. Let people vent/grieve the way they want. 

Go watch Ozark there are new episodes. No one is forcing you to read this message board. 

Also, the “playoffs 4 out of 5 years” line is getting old. Wanna know why? Because it’s said every time McDermott screws up and people have to defend him. It is said a lot, meaning he screws up a lot. 

Amazing response .. you entered this thread .. told me to shut up and not read the threads if I don’t like them. So If you didn’t like this why did you read the thread?? To the old argument of 4 out of 5 years .. the non-playoff streak was a lot older. We have been capable of getting to the Super Bowl for the last two years … both times we lost to KC at KC … I get that it sucks .. but the burn the house down crowd are delusional.

Honestly these are threads that will appear after a loss like this. Time will heal all wounds. But right now there's an entire city that is crushed. The Bills aren't just entertainment for us. They are a religion. Like family in a way.

I think threads of anger and frustration are expected.

Someone asked me today: "Would it have been better to lose at home to NE rather than lose like this"? I answered I don't know.

The wounds are fresh.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.