[Name Only Title] Calvin Ridley

Buffalo03

12 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Again, based off what? Pure 100% speculation. People out here writing fan fiction. 

You are correct. No one on this board will ever know. Julio did get caught saying exactly how he felt about his team in a phone conversation that he assumed was amongst friends

5 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Rule #1 of being a GM in a salary cap league is don't spend capital on productivity that you already have in reserve.  Beane is a smart guy and knows that Gabe Davis on his rookie deal will be a 1,000 yard receiver next year.

Right. WR is one of the least needy areas on this team and we have an up and coming guy already in place.

Given Allen's contract, the presence of Diggs, the relative lack of cap space, and Ridley's uncertain situation, this has exactly 0% chance of occurring. We're not paying two #1's

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, buffblue said:

Right. WR is one of the least needy areas on this team and we have an up and coming guy already in place.

Given Allen's contract, the presence of Diggs, the relative lack of cap space, and Ridley's uncertain situation, this has exactly 0% chance of occurring. We're not paying two #1's

Agreed.  No chance.  Build the OL

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wilson's QB rating is 2 points higher than Allen's rookie year.  I would give it more than 8 games before deciding if he is a bust or not.

Sam Darnold's was 10 points higher than Josh's.  And I never said he was a bust, I have no idea, but I don't think he is set up for success in NJ

On 1/6/2022 at 1:48 AM, Buffalo03 said:

He's going into the final year of his rookie contract. Imagine him on the other side of Diggs. In his situation, I'm not sure what the Falcons would want but I would gladly take him for a 2nd

we have a guy to play on the other side of Diggs already next year named Gabriel Davis. No need to trade for another reason to keep Davis off the field, especially one like Ridley who’s clearly going through some off-field stuff. Ridley also will command big dollars, money that Buffalo needs to pay Diggs eventually. Thanks for changing your title by the way 🙄

I believe we have more than enough talent in the WR room at this time then if you add a good rookie in the draft i don't think we need another higher priced WR .

The team has needs at other positions such as RB that i would rather consider especially if they are bigger & a bit faster than those on the team already. 

Motor i think has proved he is a good back given the time for the Motor to warm up but Moss on the other hand is average at best & the way they use him at his size isn't good for the scheme he is in they need a 6' - 230lb RB with decent speed .

Focus on the positions on the team that need help not those that have a over abundance of players like WR  !! 

For those who do not know, Ridley had a very tough childhood. His father was deported to Guyana when Calvin was 7 years old. His mom had issues of her own, so Calvin and his brother Riley spent a few years in a foster home. After Calvin signed his contract, he went back to the place where he played football during those years and made a donation. That told me good things about this young man.

I don't know exactly what happened to him in Atlanta. What I DO know is that he plays hard to the point of giving it his all on every play. I say this having watched his entire college career. He has great hands and runs great routes. Calvin is very quick and very hard to cover. He also came through in the clutch time and again at Alabama.

Again, I don't know what is happening with him now.  What I do know is that a receiver like him would be wonderful for Josh Allen and the Bills, providing of course that the man is OK.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wilson's QB rating is 2 points higher than Allen's rookie year.  I would give it more than 8 games before deciding if he is a bust or not.

More evidence QB rating is the most useless stat in all of sports.  When you cite a stat that says Rob Johnson was a better Bills QB than Jim Kelly, you lose me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.