New York Considering Legalizing "Magic Mushrooms"

Tiberius

Here in New York, multiple bills have been introduced to the state legislature to legalize and expand its medicinal use. Assemblymember Patrick Burke, representing the Buffalo region, introduced a bill on Dec. 13 to legalize psilocybin mushrooms for therapeutic use and create facilities where they could be grown and administered, with a focus on prioritizing access to veterans and first responders.

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonvalley/news/article/Could-magic-mushrooms-be-the-next-marijuana-16702060.php

I saw a report on HBO--Bryant Gumble's show I think--where athletes with head injuries were experimenting with this and they said it was working with them to fight depression and clear up their brains. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Joe Rogan is a massive supporter of DMT and this type of thing.

He mentions it constantly on his podcast and it's always interesting to see what guests have done this sort of thing or at least what they think about it.

A lot of very intelligent people are into the idea.

This fun guy loves fungi!

10 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

As a guy who was fairly psychedelic in his youth I don't mind real medicinal use of anything, but am always wondering when MDMA will come up.

I always felt there was real potential there for helping people.

MDMA is great for people suffering from depression.  Some doctors are pushing for it's legalization, it will happen

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

This fun guy loves fungi!

MDMA is great for people suffering from depression.  Some doctors are pushing for it's legalization, it will happen

I really hope so. Shoot, I worked through some issues I had myself as a kid, with some friends and some MDMA. Didn't mean to, but when you are being that honest and open with people who care, good things can happen. I was always amazed at MDMA's ability to suppress ego/fear and to encourage truthfullness and connection.

Don't get me wrong, I spent some nights asking random girls to give me back rubs too. But I always truly thought MDMA was THE ONE that should be used for therapy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I really hope so. Shoot, I worked through some issues I had myself as a kid, with some friends and some MDMA. Didn't mean to, but when you are being that honest and open with people who care, good things can happen. I was always amazed at MDMA's ability to suppress ego/fear and to encourage truthfullness and connection.

Don't get me wrong, I spent some nights asking random girls to give me back rubs too. But I always truly thought MDMA was THE ONE that should be used for therapy.

Drugs are backwards.  “Good drugs” Oxy gets people physically addicted, and leads to heroin addiction.  Xanax , ritilan - mess with brains chemistry.

“Bad drugs” marijuana is a panacea. Mushrooms are great for terminal patients struggling with their fear of death.  Ayahuasca helps people kick heroin and expel demons we have buried in our subconscious.  MDMA helps depression 

coffee is great for liver.  If it’s organic, don’t panic.  Mother Nature provides.  Big pharma can never replicate mother nature

• Like (+1) 3

this is an interesting topic for me that I know nothing outside of a couple occasions I partook of some mushrooms in the 80's none since. The most memorable was taking them and going to see Walt Disneys Fantasia...........I wonder if walts artists did some shrooms before they made that movie?? LOL

it was Hilarious, we giggled and surprised we werent kicked out 

medicinal purposes I'd love to learn more I'll need to google.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Likely to still be illegal for performance enhancing qualities in the NFL.

FinishedFarawayCoral-max-1mb.gif

I know my coordination is actually really good on shrooms. I remember  spending 9 hours playing an old FPS multi-player and people thought I was hacking b.c my response was so perfect.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Drugs are backwards.  “Good drugs” Oxy gets people physically addicted, and leads to heroin addiction.  Xanax , ritilan - mess with brains chemistry.

“Bad drugs” marijuana is a panacea. Mushrooms are great for terminal patients struggling with their fear of death.  Ayahuasca helps people kick heroin and expel demons we have buried in our subconscious.  MDMA helps depression 

coffee is great for liver.  If it’s organic, don’t panic.  Mother Nature provides.  Big pharma can never replicate mother nature

I agree with most of this but don't write off Oxy. If used properly, it can be very beneficial.

I have a rolling scrip that I fill a few times a year and it's likely been a literal lifesaver for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

this is an interesting topic for me that I know nothing outside of a couple occasions I partook of some mushrooms in the 80's none since. The most memorable was taking them and going to see Walt Disneys Fantasia...........I wonder if walts artists did some shrooms before they made that movie?? LOL

it was Hilarious, we giggled and surprised we werent kicked out 

medicinal purposes I'd love to learn more I'll need to google.

#wildchild #magicmupprooms 

There’s a cautionary tale here somewhere between doing mushrooms and going to see a Disney flick, but who am I to say? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

#wildchild #magicmupprooms 

There’s a cautionary tale here somewhere between doing mushrooms and going to see a Disney flick, but who am I to say? 

that right there is vintage leo LMAO *5 my friend...CONCUR!~!~!~!!!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I agree with most of this but don't write off Oxy. If used properly, it can be very beneficial.

I have a rolling scrip that I fill a few times a year and it's likely been a literal lifesaver for me.

senor simon im ascared of oxycontin...I had a bad wrist break/surgery with 7 screws and metal plate... and was given a very short shrift script. It was necessary for the pain management but I never liked or wanted to take it..I wanted to know if there was some less addictive and potentially dangerous substance I could have, or even later like you used it as a fail safe...NOPE.....They said tylenol or advil pfft. I hear marijuana is beneficial for pain relief I am not at all opposed to research into alternatives. Freakin oxy has wrought havoc and addiction its an American debacle/disgrace IMO. Im glad it helps when you need it clearly a responsible decision within your circumstances. Peace man.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I worry about dealing with people who won’t eat red meat, or ANY meat, carbs and gluten, but things that grow in horse poop are fun so they are on the menu?  OK. 

gigglesnorts....lolol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.