@Bills HC Sean McDermott (was) on @gmfb

Just saw his segment and like most coaches he didn’t say anything of substance but at least had a personality and a few laughs with the crew.   

Handled compliments well and said the right things about his guys without gushing.   All in all just what you’d want from a guy coaching the Buffalo Bills with the best damn fans in the world!   Class and toughness all the way.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Edifying to hear him say that he thinks Josh' leadership has not only grown this season, but specifically in the second half.  I wonder if there was something of a "Come to Jesus" moment in the Bills locker room after the bad Colts loss.

I think it was at half time against the Bucs.  but I have no inside info, just a gut feeling that Josh took the reigns and started holding his teammates a bit more accountable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Edifying to hear him say that he thinks Josh' leadership has not only grown this season, but specifically in the second half.  I wonder if there was something of a "Come to Jesus" moment in the Bills locker room after the bad Colts loss.

"Come to Jesus" doesn't strike me as his style. He strikes more as a 'follow me into hell' kinda guy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm proud to have McDermott as the leader of the Buffalo Bills.

He seems like a legitimately good man. Humble, willing to learn and adapt, and very genuine. He's not a BS artist or a yell-in-your-face 50s gym teacher cliche. He leads by example both in how he approaches the game mentally and in how he takes care of himself physically. He's a player's coach, but also a guy that demands accountability and will yell when yelling is needed. He's not a pushover or someone to be taken advantage of. He's a leader of men and tireless fighter.

The list of head coaches I'd rather have over McDermott is extremely short. I'm honestly not even sure there are any names on it.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8

On 1/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, Logic said:

He seems like a legitimately good man. Humble, willing to learn and adapt, and very genuine. He's not a BS artist or a yell-in-your-face 50s gym teacher cliche. He leads by example both in how he approaches the game mentally and in how he takes care of himself physically. He's a player's coach, but also a guy that demands accountability and will yell when yelling is needed. He's not a pushover or someone to be taken advantage of. He's a leader of men and tireless fighter.

He's among the top guys that "get it". Not the boring overbearing cold and distant disciplinarian, he treats his men like men. Yet he won't tolerate outright chaos and clowning like a Rex Ryan. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.