Bills vs. Jets Tickets Selling as low as $8

JohnNord

29 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Agreed.  The vast majority of seats are held by season ticket holders who would have tickets to both anyway.  The only people this is impacting are the secondary market buyers.  Obviously the Jest suckitude is also playing a part since few Jest fans would want to attend this game even in good weather and clear travel.

That's not entirely true. The Bills have plenty of unsold tickets as well. In fact looking at Ticketmaster, most of the upper deck sections and half the lower bowl have non-resale tickets available.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Everything you list has been prevalent for a while now (not early with nicer weather of course).

I think it's the weather, the fact it's the Jets and almost everyone assumes we know the outcome before the game is even played, and people are already looking toward the playoffs.

I hate Bills games where we beat the crap out of a lousy team, and the game is decided in the first or second quarter.

There's no need to go out there and brave the elements for a game like that.

If this was for the division and we had to win it against New England, the stadium would be full.

What I am pointing to is that the demand for in person attendance and thus the resale market in general, has been down the entire season.  I have an extra pair which I have resold for 3 games.  Pitt game prices dropped significantly when it was announced in August that the border would stay closed.  Those seats for the Patriots game never sold at less than face value.  The $8 resale market for this game is the continuation of a season-long, downward trend.  

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think he’s saying people are electing to go to a potential home playoff game instead.  I was originally going to drive up for the jets game and gambled on the playoff game when we beat the pats 

Right........but as @PromoTheRobot pointed out you could buy those tickets right from the ticket office.   

That would be a much more complicated "late decision" option in September/Ocotober......they can sell out just with local fans at that time of year they don't need people driving up from Virginia to fill the seats....so it would be more expensive and have to get thru a secondary market etc..

Once the calendar turns to November fans simply don't want to go sit out in that kind of weather.    It's not anymore complicated than that.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's not entirely true. The Bills have plenty of unsold tickets as well. In fact looking at Ticketmaster, most of the upper deck sections and half the lower bowl have non-resale tickets available.

Whoa, looks like your are right.  But that’s a little weird.  I know like 60k season tix we’re sold and that there is a waiting list beyond that.  But I went to the team site and there are definitely non-resale tickets available all over the stadium.  Even with over 10k tickets available as single game seats I am surprised so many are still unsold.  Resale I get, but I’m surprised they didn’t sell out - especially against the Jest. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Right........but as @PromoTheRobot pointed out you could buy those tickets right from the ticket office.   

That would be a much more complicated "late decision" option in September/Ocotober......they can sell out just with local fans at that time of year they don't need people driving up from Virginia to fill the seats....so it would be more expensive and have to get thru a secondary market etc..

Once the calendar turns to November fans simply don't want to go sit out in that kind of weather.    It's not anymore complicated than that.

For a fanbase that's supposed to be one of the better ones, they seem to have issues filling their stadium. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

For a fanbase that's supposed to be one of the better ones, they seem to have issues filling their stadium. 

I would venture that Bills fans are top 5 in overall attendance around the league...........and that's probably conservative.

That's home games plus attending road games(the Bills get a 40% cut of road attendance $ so the road aspect is not insignificant).

Only teams with mountains of bandwagon fans like Dallas and Pittsburgh show up at opposing venues like Bills fans.

I was watching Forbes Sports Money a while back and they had a graphic that illustrated how much the average NFL fan spends on their team annually and Bills fans ranked 3rd in the NFL behind only Green Bay and New Orleans(who has a very regional fan base).

That's why we have a team.........in general Bills fans spend big time on the product..........if they were playing somewhere warm this week and there were 20K tickets left they'd probably travel there short notice to sell it out.:lol:

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would venture that Bills fans are top 5 in overall attendance around the league...........and that's probably conservative.

That's home games plus attending road games(the Bills get a 40% cut of road attendance $ so the road aspect is not insignificant).

Only teams with mountains of bandwagon fans like Dallas and Pittsburgh show up at opposing venues like Bills fans.

I was watching Forbes Sports Money a while back and they had a graphic that illustrated how much the average NFL fan spends on their team annually and Bills fans ranked 3rd in the NFL behind only Green Bay and New Orleans(who has a very regional fan base).

That's why we have a team.........in general Bills fans spend big time on the product..........if they were playing somewhere warm this week and there were 20K tickets left they'd probably travel there short notice to sell it out.:lol:

Praying for AFC championship game vs Tennessee IN Tennessee so I can go somewhere kind of warm 

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Again, perpetrating the myth I spoke of earlier in this thread. No. No it wouldn’t. 

I’ll take your word for it. I live in Georgia and only get to attend 1 or 2 games a year, so fans who attend on a regular basis would know better than me. I guess I would expect the last home game of the year to be full because fans know they won’t get to do it again for several months. 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’ll take your word for it. I live in Georgia and only get to attend 1 or 2 games a year, so fans who attend on a regular basis would know better than me. I guess I would expect the last home game of the year to be full because fans know they won’t get to do it again for several months. 

as a season ticket holder, I will tell you this is not true. If it was 40 degrees and dry, that could be the case. However, this will be a missed game for me IF the forecast holds true (rain, cold, 30 MPH winds). But its Buffalo, so ill check forecast sunday morning and make a decision

45 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The fanbase is also spread out..  Yea, Bills Mafia from WNY travels well, but the reason we take over stadiums (especially in the SE) is because so many former New Yorkers now live down here.  

I mean, Bills fans literally took over a joint practice between the Bills & Panthers in Spartanburg, SC. 

This year, specifically, I'd typically fly up for a game with some people but I'm not vaxxed, so I've stuck to the more local away games. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The fanbase is also spread out..  Yea, Bills Mafia from WNY travels well, but the reason we take over stadiums (especially in the SE) is because so many former New Yorkers now live down here.  

I mean, Bills fans literally took over a joint practice between the Bills & Panthers in Spartanburg, SC. 

This year, specifically, I'd typically fly up for a game with some people but I'm not vaxxed, so I've stuck to the more local away games. 

I get that. Locally there is not enough support when the weather turns. IMO having season ticket holders that aren't local doesn't help either. 

5 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

as a season ticket holder, I will tell you this is not true. If it was 40 degrees and dry, that could be the case. However, this will be a missed game for me IF the forecast holds true (rain, cold, 30 MPH winds). But its Buffalo, so ill check forecast sunday morning and make a decision

Would you be more inclined to go if you knew for sure this was the last home game of the year?

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, there’s always been empty seats late in the season, but the largely terrible weather this season exacerbated the situation. This Sunday will be no different, with wind, rain and plunging temperatures in the offing

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Likely not since the way it is the last home game of the year is the Bills lose and host no playoff games,

I’m more likely not to go, since I expect a victory and a home playoff game to follow. 

15 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Would you be more inclined to go if you knew for sure this was the last home game of the year?

not in the least bit. If we werent playoff bound then who cares, and if we were playing on the road for sure I dont think it would impact my decision either....but MAYBE I would want to go to "send them off". Cold rain is the worst weather to sit through a game in. IF its just cold/snowy im there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.