CFB Playoffs: Orange Bowl/Michigan v UGA

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to CFB Playoffs: Orange Bowl/Michigan v UGA
19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm hoping Michigan can make a game of it.

What do you guys think will be the best game tomorrow, on New Year's Day?

Looking most forward to Notre Dame and OK State.   Other than that I am sure the TV will be one but notthing that peaks my interest.  Maybe check out the Penn State game

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Worst time of the year for Michigan to play their worst offense of the season.

The offensive line is getting blown up by blitzes and McNamara has very little time to step up.

Defense isn't doing any better. I don't know if there's anything they can do at halftime to adjust and get better. GO BLUE!!!

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Until Harbaugh gets a decent recruit in at QB this is about as far as his program can go.   

J.J. McCarthy is a decent recruit, he's just not ready yet.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

In the Cotton Bowl thread, someone mentioned expanding to 8 teams.  Would that make it more competitive?  Today's games were not compelling.

I believe it would have as it teams wouldn't have to sit around for weeks before playing and games would be more even unlike many bowl games, were one team looks great and the other looks like they have months of rust to clean off.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I believe it would have as it teams wouldn't have to sit around for weeks before playing and games would be more even unlike many bowl games, were one team looks great and the other looks like they have months of rust to clean off.

they both have the same down time.  2 teams made the best of that time. 2 did not.  

That’s not the formats fault

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

they both have the same down time.  2 teams made the best of that time. 2 did not.  

That’s not the formats fault

@sir andrew said it best, "This is why I really want to see the playoff field expanded. It would provide opportunity for better matchups. Giving OSU or Baylor a chance is far more appealing than a Bama/Georgia rematch. I’ll be rooting big for Michigan. I’m fine with Georgia being in the field, but I’d love to see more teams to mix things up a bit."

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

@sir andrew said it best, "This is why I really want to see the playoff field expanded. It would provide opportunity for better matchups. Giving OSU or Baylor a chance is far more appealing than a Bama/Georgia rematch. I’ll be rooting big for Michigan. I’m fine with Georgia being in the field, but I’d love to see more teams to mix things up a bit."

agreed.  

but That’s a different argument.  He’s basically saying better teams than paper tigers/BS conference kings like Cincy should have a shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see how expanding the playoffs is the remedy when the top of the SEC is clearly better than everyone else.

I'm a Dawgs' fan. Live near Athens, so not shedding any tears. Bama is the gold standard. They're beatable this year, but they are to UGA what the Pats*

have been for the Bills prior to recent years. Hopefully it will be a good game; I expect the D will come up with something to make it more competitive second time around.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't see how expanding the playoffs is the remedy when the top of the SEC is clearly better than everyone else.

I'm a Dawgs' fan. Live near Athens, so not shedding any tears. Bama is the gold standard. They're beatable this year, but they are to UGA what the Pats*

have been for the Bills prior to recent years. Hopefully it will be a good game; I expect the D will come up with something to make it more competitive second time around.

As a Bama fan I definitely want a good game. UGA has to find a way to cover wideouts, if UM had a better QB they could have had a few deep routes.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.