5. Yoko Ono Band
  6. Beastie Boys
  7. Spinal Tap
  8. Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics
  9. Forgotten Rebels
  10. Chesterfield Kings

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

I wanted to add a name to the list that may or may not have been mentioned. But a guitar-drum 2 piece band is quite rare (I Think) and noone does it better than the White Stripes.

Who were a husband/wife duo back in  the day. Since divorced.

Unique in their presentation AND focus on red and white in wardrobe, instruments etc also unique.

• Like (+1) 1

Jack White is in a unique category all to himself...dude's a frigging musical chameleon

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

I wanted to add a name to the list that may or may not have been mentioned. But a guitar-drum 2 piece band is quite rare (I Think) and noone does it better than the White Stripes.

Who were a husband/wife duo back in  the day. Since divorced.

Unique in their presentation AND focus on red and white in wardrobe, instruments etc also unique.

• Like (+1) 1

A few more:

Velvet Underground

Traffic

Soft Machine

Brian Eno (early, before his "ambient" phase)

Gentle Giant

The Slits

Gang of Four

Cardiacs

Ghost of a Saber-toothed Tiger

All Them Witches

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:35 PM, T&C said:

Captain Beefheart/Magic Band

The Tubes

Arthur Brown

Electric Light Orchestra

Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention

King Crimson

Spirit

Yes

The Fugs

Wall of Voodoo

Just some that no one else really sounds like. 

Completely agree with the Tubes. 

I haven’t really found another band that sounds like the tubes. The live album is easily one of my favorite live albums. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Jimboismyman said:

I haven’t really found another band that sounds like the tubes. The live album is easily one of my favorite live albums. 

What the?!!! What is the last letter of your name so I know who this is?

Tubes Now was the last great one but What Do You Want... yeah that is one hell of a live lp for sure, all 4 sides.

Just now, T&C said:

What the?!!! What is the last letter of your name so I know who this is?

Tubes Now was the last great one but What Do You Want... yeah that is one hell of a live lp for sure, all 4 sides.

Hahah!! The world can only handle one Jimbo, and that one is me! (also it ends in Y)

I also love  the sound of that live lp playing on a record player. Might be a little old, and a little scratched, but my dad giving me his Tubes album made my weekend. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Jimboismyman said:

Hahah!! The world can only handle one Jimbo, and that one is me! (also it ends in Y)

I also love  the sound of that live lp playing on a record player. Might be a little old, and a little scratched, but my dad giving me his Tubes album made my weekend. 

Well it is sure nice to see you post again. I ***** you not, I have a copy of Quadrophenia sitting 2 feet to my right... you should say hi over on the other site.

1 hour ago, Jimboismyman said:

Here you go kiddo... enjoy the new year with your man, family, and Bills friends.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Unique Sounding Bands I enjoy

The Nice

Focus

Renaissance

Hello People

Quatermass

Kraftwerk

Peter Gabriel

King Crimson

Blue Man Group

and    ELP.... no one sounds like them.

Good choices. I actually prefer The Nice over ELP. In both cases, their original compositions do not do much for me. However, when it comes to interpretation of classical music or what we now would call "mash-ups", Emerson's early efforts with The Nice seem to be stronger.

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, DrW said:

Good choices. I actually prefer The Nice over ELP. In both cases, their original compositions do not do much for me. However, when it comes to interpretation of classical music or what we now would call "mash-ups", Emerson's early efforts with The Nice seem to be stronger.

The Nice were great but he honed his skills and became even better... jmo. You might like this:

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.